Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 2:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default Game not loading
I just got a new computer and have re installed The Sims 3, Pets, High End Loft, Master Suite, Fast Lane, Late Night & Outdoor Living. I unstalled all of them once and reinstalled again. I've tried everything in the help notes and the game won't run. It goes to the launcher and then from there just goes black with the spinning circle forever. Please, any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:37 AM
The best thing to do right now is to work through these lists. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Loading_Crashes

YOu have a loading issue and if you have no CC it could be the computer isn't "strong" enough to run ts3. Do you have specs or any other helpful information?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:59 AM
I have taken out all CC and mods. I have Sims 2 and 4 and they both run fine. It's a brand new hard drive and plenty of ram, memory, etc!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 4:08 AM
Try deleting some of the files associated with the launcher as well as your cache files. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 5:08 PM
ok, try this:

1. Uninstall all of them once again from Programs and Features in Control Panel
2. Restart your PC
3. Open C:\ProgramFiles for 32bit windows or ProgramFiles(x86) for 64bit windows
4. Uncheck all its hidden contents from Folder Option menu, and you'll see this folder: "InstallShield Installation Information" folder after you unhide them.
5. Delete all folders inside "InstallShield Installation Information" folder, then don't forget to hide back all of your hidden folders from Folder option menu
6. Click Start, type regedit in the search/run box, right click on regedit.exe, run as administrator
7. In Windows registry editor, open HKey_Current_User\Software\Electronic Arts, delete SIMS3 folder

8. In Windows registry editor, open HKey_Local_Machine\Software\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Core\Installed Games, delete all SMS3 related folders (do not delete the rest other than SIMS3 if any)

9. In Windows registry editor, open HKey_Local_Machine\Software\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims, delete all The Sims3 related folders (do not delete the rest other than The Sims3 if any)

(Note for 8 & 9: WOW6432Node is for windows 64bit only, you won't find it in Windows 32bit, but I forgot what its name in Windows 32bit, it's under "Windows" folder if I'm not wrong before you can find "EA Core" folder and "Sims" folder to delete its contents)

10. Close windows registry editor and restart your PC
11. Now try a new clean TS3 BG installation, run the BG from the launcher, after it's succeed, continue with its EPs/SPs you would like to add.

Hope that helps, I found that method also works to clean up TS3 corrupted installation/uninstallation