Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 7:40 PM Last edited by Alisha161 : 6th Dec 2014 at 8:10 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Installing Sims3Packs through launcher takes centuries to load
Hello there,

I have tried to look for this issue, but haven't found anything helpful on it in particular, so I've decided to look here...

I have several Sims3Packs files to install though the launcher (I usually prefer to choose .Package files over these, but not everyone offers them), but ticking all that are to be installed yet is not an option - the installer window will simply never load or crash at some point. In fact, I've found the maximum you can choose at the same time is just 3 files, and it will still take well over half an hour to initiate... or to crash once again. Having well over 30 (or much more!?) downloads to install, it's a complete torture...

I have Windows 8.1 64bit with 64GB RAM, and 2.35 TB of free space on the disk where I have Sims 3 + all the expansion packs installed, so I doubt this is where the issue lies.
Though it might be that I have 2.95 GB of Sims3Pack-based downloads, and 3.01GB of .package-s. I guess it's a lot but many people got a lot more, don't they?

Does anyone know why this happens and how to speed up the process? Or maybe know any alternative ways to install Sims3Packs quickly? Please help, I really want to play as I haven't had time for a while, but want to install everything first...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 9:27 PM
You might want to look into CCMagic with that much CC. It works for Sims3packs and packages. You can circumvent the launcher for most things. I only use the EA launcher for worlds, lots, and counters (their corners don't show up properly when installed with CCMagic). I recently learned you can even install lots and worlds as packages with SP3C. I never tried it but it works for some people.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888

A handy tutorial for beginners:
http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/...-with-cc-magic/

As for solutions for the launcher problems, maybe there is something here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Launcher_Issues
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:13 PM
Quick suggestions:

0. Change the "Properties" of the "Sims 3 Launcher" shortcut, and set it to run in "compatibility mode" for "Windows 7"

1. Prior to starting the launcher, copy 10-20 .Sims3Pack files into the "The Sims 3\Downloads" folder. DO NOT double click on any.

2. Open the Sims 3 Launcher, and install the CCs from the "Downloads" screen.

3. Close the SIms 3 Launcher

4. Repeat from step 1 until you've installed all .Sims3Pack files that needs to be installed via the launcher*.

* worlds, lots, and counters, as @310175 have mentioned. For other .Sims3Pack files, use CC-Magic.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:44 PM
It happens because the launcher is a poorly designed utility that should ultimately be avoided unless you're installing worlds or any purchased store content. I've had plenty of performance issues myself with the launcher, though I do have almost 3gbs of store content. If you download a piece of CC and the creator offers only .Sims3pack format, the custom content item can be added into the game manually by simply extracting the files from the .Sims3pack by using a program such as CCMagic or 3Viewer. I personally prefer 3Viewer as it is a bit more simplistic than CCMagic.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 8:43 PM
Wow, thank You all so much, I'm trying out CCMagic as I'm writing ^^
Sorry for the late reply, I nearly forgot about this :o