Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Black screen after launch
Every time I launcher my game it just goes black. I let it sit like that for around an hour and nothing changed. I tried deleting my cache and uninstalling EP's. I'm pretty sure it's not CC since this has happened when I didn't had any CC a year ago, and yesterday it was working fine and I haven't installed any new CC for a while. Last time I fixed it by uninstalling everything. I would prefer a way o fix this without having to reinstall sims. I have a mac.

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 3:32 PM
Okay, well, I can't find a fix and no one is replying, so I'm just going to reinstall my game.

Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 3:43 PM Last edited by barbarat : 8th Sep 2015 at 3:50 PM. Reason: Added Additional Link
Quote: Originally posted by quesadildos
Okay, well, I can't find a fix and no one is replying, so I'm just going to reinstall my game.

Hi quesadildos ... sorry I can't help you with a MAC system issue and it might be you've received no response because MTS members playing on MACs have not yet seen your thread yet or they are in a different time zone ...
I can offer this advice: Even though you have not installed any CC recently there is always the possibility content you have has become corrupted, or a game save is now corrupted. Have you tried moving your custom content to a safe place and playing a game without it to see what happens.

Not sure if This Document Will Help but it might be worth a look.

Edit: Forgot to add This Help Link. Again not playing on a Mac I'm not much help (sorry) but perhaps some of these suggestions will be useful ..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi quesadildos ... sorry I can't help you with a MAC system issue and it might be you've received no response because MTS members playing on MACs have not yet seen your thread yet or they are in a different time zone ...
I can offer this advice: Even though you have not installed any CC recently there is always the possibility content you have has become corrupted, or a game save is now corrupted. Have you tried moving your custom content to a safe place and playing a game without it to see what happens.

Not sure if This Document Will Help but it might be worth a look.

Edit: Forgot to add This Help Link. Again not playing on a Mac I'm not much help (sorry) but perhaps some of these suggestions will be useful ..

I've already tried a lot of things since I've had this problem a few times and it seems that reinstalling is the only thing. Thanks anyways!