Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:22 PM
What I'll do is wait for the price of TS3 to go down enough. (When I go in a store, Double Deluxe, every expansion pack, and stuff pack cost $20 bucks.) In the meantime, I'll get things to port my TS2 files to. Then, if my computer doesn't move fast again, I'll change to a new computer. THEN, I'll buy TS3. So, I'll probably be waiting about a year.
Advertisement
Theorist
#77 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:22 PM
Quote:
there's something comforting about sticking with the old games

I have some old games that I'd much love installing and playing again (just need to find out how to run Win95 and Win98 games on XP). We splurged and bought the family a Wii this last Christmas and I'm seriously thinking about selling it because it rarely gets used. I bought it because of one game I wanted to play (got all caught up in the pre-release hype and assumed since it was a sequel to another game I love it would be awesome which it isn't) but because of a new feature I am hating that game. My son plays it occasionally but he spends way more time playing with the NES than he does the Wii.

I find I very easily get caught up in pre-release hype so I'm trying to never do that again. :P
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:32 PM
I've already told everyone not to buy me Sims3 for my birthday (2 months after it comes out). As it stands, I don't want it.

Oh, I want to try it, maybe play around with some of the features. But want to pre-order it like I did Pokémon Platinum? Stay up all night playing? No. It looks interesting but it's not for me. I don't like the idea of playing a Eaxis neighborhood. Even one Sim in a neighborhood filled with my creations bugs me. I have my lovely custom 'hoods for Sims2 and they're quite nice and playable. If Eaxis lets users create their fresh from scratch own 'hood, then I'd be a little bit interested. But not so much that I'd have to play it. There are tonnes of games I have my eye on (and are waiting for).

That said, I didn't want the Sims2 and I got as a surprise gift and ended up loving it beyond the Sims1. So, surprise gift in a year is fine but until then me and Sims2 are happy. :p

I'm indifferently curious.
8/2010
9/2011
Instructor
#79 Old 2nd May 2009 at 11:52 AM
I am not sure what i am doing. But i am so curious, i will probably go and get sims3 right after it's released. At the same time, i do not think i will leave sims2. I'll keep it, specially now when i can create a lot more stuff than i used to.

I was really hanging on to sims 1 a long time before i started to play sims 2. But i will not spend my summer playing, i am more out than inside that time of the year.

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
#80 Old 3rd May 2009 at 8:59 PM
I look forward to trying it, but I'm not sure if it's changed too much from the Sims 2 that I've grown to like so much. I'd probably wait for an expansion at least.

I'm sure that I certainly wouldn't dump the Sims 2, even if I got used to the Sims 3.
Test Subject
#81 Old 4th May 2009 at 12:07 AM
I'm probably going to uninstall sims 2 once I get ts3, but I'll remake my main family's current generation, identical to how they were in ts2. ;D

I can't let them die, so I'll just resurrect them into my 'better world'.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 4th May 2009 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
That's the Collector's edition, the regular edition is $49.99

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...=the%20sims%203

Ahh I see... LOL I don't even want to know what the difference is. Three extra couches?

I'll be enjoying screenies and descriptions from afar, but my wallet and computer will be happier with good ol' TS2. I've only just ordered Family Fun Stuff (one of the few stuff packs I don't have) off Amazon for eight bucks! I've still got much more in TS2 to do.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 4th May 2009 at 12:43 AM
I am going to stick with TS2 for now. I am going to first see what others have to say. Then I am going to wait for the first expansion pack to come out (if they release one).

I am really loving my sims in TS2 so i am in no hurry

My attempt at creating a sim hood Oasis Valley
Last Update 06/12/2011
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 4th May 2009 at 1:00 AM
I'm gonna stick with Sims 2 for the time being. I doubt my comp will be able to run Sims 3, and I don't think I'll be getting a new comp for games anytime soon, given the current economy and what a royal hot mess Windows Vista happens to be...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
#85 Old 4th May 2009 at 1:05 AM
I'll be playing both. I will install TS3, and see if my PC can handle all my S2 Ep's and Stuff pakcs, if it can, Then I will be switching back to TS2 and TS3. If It can't handle TS3, then I will have to uninstall all my TS2 games, and keep them forever. I might play TS2 every once in awhile though. :P
Field Researcher
#86 Old 4th May 2009 at 8:54 PM
I only bought The Sims 2 in March of 2008, and was still occasionally playing The Sims 1 up to then. If I ever buy The Sims 3, it won't be before a long long time. Nothing really caught my attention enough yet regarding TS3 to justify paying hundreds of dollars once again. If I ever buy it, it will probably be when several packs are out already and they sell for a very low price. Good thing it took me that long to buy TS2 after all, I got a good prices
Alchemist
#87 Old 6th May 2009 at 12:11 PM
I haven't played TS2 in a couple of months. since I'm about to say goodbye to it, I guess I'll fire it up for these last couple of weeks before it comes off my hard drive
Test Subject
#88 Old 6th May 2009 at 9:58 PM
No way, I'm too attached. :D
Field Researcher
#89 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:07 PM
as a safeguard, i'm keeping all my cc for the sims 2 on my computer. i'll uninstall s2 when i get s3, but if i don't like it, i'll reinstall s2. i have a feeling it will be like it was with the sims1 i'll probably never go back to 2.
#90 Old 9th May 2009 at 11:00 AM
I will probably say with 2. I'm not looking forward to 3, and I just got Sims 2 less than a year ago!
Instructor
#91 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:35 PM
I'll stick with Sims 2 for a while longer. I still haven't done all that I want to do. I just started to build a new neighborhood and I want to see it grow, I have big plans for it so I'm not ready to abandon it yet.
I will probably buy Sims 3 eventually but I don't have enough money for the moment and I still have Windows 2000, you need atleast XP to be able to play it anyway. All my other specs should be OK, though I really don't know until the game is out.
Scholar
#92 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:44 PM
My current computer is definitely not good enough for sims3. And I'm gonna wait what the game turns out to be like, say in 1 year, before I even consider getting it. It doesn't looks so good atm though.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#93 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:00 PM Last edited by blueNY01 : 18th Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM. Reason: Smilie
Quote: Originally posted by jenniferrsg
I just got Sims 2 less than a year ago!

(The quote was only part of a sentence, in case you didn't know.)
Same here. If I had known about Apartment Life before I bought the The Sims Complete Collection, I would have just bought TS2 from the start. And I probably would have had it for longer. :doh: Oh well, what's done is done.
#94 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:53 AM
I probably won't abandon TS2 completely. For one thing I still have an alphabet legacy challenge going on, and I don't want to give up on it. However, I have TS3 pre-ordered and I'll start playing it the minute it comes out probably, but I won't just up and uninstall TS2 right away either.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:32 AM
I just got sims2 exactly the way I want with what I want: businesses, pets, holidays, I am not in a hurry to start all over again. When sims2 came out I thought they were going to dump sims1 but there are sites you can still get sims1 stuff, so it will be a number of years before sims2 has gone the way of the dinosaur.
#96 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:27 AM
I've waited four years just to get Sims 2. (didn't have a computer that could run it till just recently) I am going to complete my sims 2 collection and then maybe when sims 3 goes to double deluxe I'll get it.
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th May 2009 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by akire
Now with only a couple months left for Sims 3 to come out I was wondering how many of you will abandon Sims 2 completely? Will you purchase it right away or wait for an ep?

I'm definitely purchasing right away, and I'll be uninstalling Sims 2 before installing it. (I need to, don't have the hard drive space otherwise.)

I want to do a few more things with Sims 2, but I still have a month to do them.

I had 4 main annoyances with Sims 2. (So many loading screens, severely limited number of notable personalities, I had to play like 10 families to keep the neighbourhood advancing, and building basements.) Sims 3 is getting rid of at least 3 of them, so I'm definitely upgrading.
Inventor
#98 Old 11th May 2009 at 11:09 AM
I'm definetly keeping the Sims 2! I got it only a few months ago, and no way am i giving it up yet! I'll buy the sims 3 when it gets a little less expensive, maybe in 2 or 3 years.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#99 Old 21st May 2009 at 7:18 PM
Even though I've been underwhelmed by the leaked game reports, I will probably end up buying and trying TS3. Then I'll return to TS2 until the first EP release. I like new and shiny, but I can't see a base game giving me the variety that characterizes my game. Even if I grew tired of my current neighborhood, there are a few Sims 2 challenges I still want to play (Apocalypse, Build a City). And I want to re-play the Megahood until I finally get an interesting storyline going between the Roths and the Goths. (I made the mistake of playing with aging on the first time, because ageless neighborhoods annoy me, but that just didn't give me enough time with the EAxis characters.)
Theorist
#100 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:14 PM
I don't think so.
TS3 isn't appealing to me.
While seamless world seems to be interesting, I dislike the actual look of the sims 3. I think they're ugly.
I also want to be able to create my own neighborhood like in TS2 and as far as I know it will not be possible at the moment.
I stick with TS2 and my BAAC which I'm still enjoying.
Page 4 of 7