Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:19 PM
Default Misterious seam in my mesh
Hi, I have this seam in my mesh:

1- https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd....601061683_n.jpg
2- https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd....624303787_n.jpg

It is not very clear, but is in her belly. The thing is: I didn't make any alterations to this part, the only thing I did in this mesh (is the blue blouse one) was adding the sleeves. I used Milkshape (no auto smooth on) + auto tools for WSO mesh tool kit + and Workshop. My refference mesh is the same light blue shirt.

Does anyone knows how to fix it? I didn't move anything in the bottom part, or maybe this original EA mesh is bugged like that?

Thank you.

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:38 PM
I used that fix Tangent tool too but didn't help.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 1:06 PM
I really can't see much in those pics. Is it a very tiny line around the waist that kind of sparkles or appears/disappears as she moves? That's caused by a very slight mismatch of the bone assignments at the waist seam. This is caused by the Milkshape exporter rounding off the bone assignments. I've seen it happen with GEOMs but not with WSOs. Did you import and export the mesh in Milkshape after doing the Toolkit Autobone?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 10:57 PM
Yes, is tiny line in her belly, it looks like a "cut" in coordinates texture (but coordinates is okay, I checked this already). You asked me if I opened my mesh in milkshape after toolkit, I can't remember, so I erased all groups and applied meshtoolkit again. The seam still there. I'm using WSOs since the beggining, I only used geom for trying that fix tangent thing.

Sorry for the pictures, is hard to see yep, but here is a pic of what it looks like in Workshop (edited), but the original EA mesh in the picture looks bugged too:

Thanks for your reply!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:53 AM
Can you upload your package?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:24 AM
I don't have it in package, can it be the .wrk file?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lara.zip (638.1 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:11 PM
You should test in-game, not just in TSRW. In CAS it's not the line so much as a difference in shading at the waist. How did you make this top? By just retexturing the EA top? If so, maybe it's just not shaded the same way as the nude skin. And as you said, the original EA top doesn't look right in TSRW either.

You can try fixing the bone mismatch at the waist seam by using Mesh Toolkit / Bone Tools / Match Bones at Seams using the attached geom mesh as reference.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  afBottomNude_lod1.zip (21.9 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:47 PM
What I did with the mesh was add the sleeves, and the texture I got from a T-shirt (the same one I got the sleeves). But the thing is that the seam is not on the clothing, there is no fabric on the seam, is black alpha, only nude skin.

Yes I'm going to do that! Sadly the weekend is gone, now I'm gonna have less time to do it.
Thank you so much for your attention and time, Cmar. I'll show you when I finish! ^_^

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:37 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 21st Apr 2014 at 9:55 PM.
The shading I meant is the normals in the mesh. I'll take a look and compare it to the nude mesh.

Edit: It's very hard to say if it's the mesh or something in a texture somewhere. If it was my mesh I'd try Frankensteining with the midriff from a nude top.

Sockpuppet
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:15 AM
Did tsrw fix the boneweight diffrences on the waist seams?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:54 PM
I really don't know - has the import/export plugin been updated? Worked with this so long ago I don't remember.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 3:16 AM
***histerically jumping on Cmar and giving a big hug***

It worked! My seam is gone! The "match bones at seams" really was the solution.
Thank you so much for all your amazing tools and for your attention!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:12 AM
Cmar, I tried to use the match bones at seams tool for a nude bottom mesh (that I'm making, I tried the refference as bottom and top nude mesh), but I guess I didn't have my GEOM correct to use as refference. I used a plugin Q mesh GEOM by Wes to export the original mesh to GEOM. Milkshape exported all groups of morphs separately. So, I choose the group_base in the 'match bones at seams', but didn't work, my mesh is getting round black parts when I zoom in/out in Workshop and still the seam. I already used your geom mesh (above) for a top that I made and it worked, now I need one for pants. If you can just tell me how can I do this, thank you so much

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:11 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:04 AM.
If it's the waist seam that's the problem, you can still use the top I uploaded. The waist seam is the same for tops and bottoms.

In general, you should use an EA mesh that's been exported from the game packages and not ever exported from Milkshape as your reference. The problem comes from the way the GEOM exporter rounds off the values of the bone weights. In some cases, like the female tops, it's enough to cause a tiny gap. If I ever finish the new version of Toolkit, it will include seam matching for bones and normals with the EA values built in so you don't need a reference mesh.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:12 AM
You are right, I didn't know that I could use the same mesh for both parts.
It worked. Thank you again