Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 12:45 PM
Default the sims 4 has stopped functioning
(sorry for my bad grammar)
This has annoyed me for some time now, and I thing I know why it stop functioning, but don't know how to fix it. I thing it has something to do with the enabled script mod. Because when I did enabled it I log out of the game, then start the game up again.
After that an error pops up saying: The Sims 4 has stopped working A program caused the program to ceased function properly. Windows close the program and notefy you if a solution is fund.
Or something like that (I translate the error message from Danish to English, so i'm not sure if it's right translated or not). I hope you can help me solve this error/ problem.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 4:53 PM
Take out all of your mod files,start the game see if it runs, if it does start adding you mods back in, untill you find out which file is bad. That is really the only way to find out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
Take out all of your mod files,start the game see if it runs, if it does start adding you mods back in, untill you find out which file is bad. That is really the only way to find out.

I already tried that but didn't work, and besides the mod/ script I got was updated to the newest version, and that was the 19th Oct 2016, and my game is also updated to the latest version: 1.23.24.1010
I have Windows 10 and the computer is a laptop gamer PC named: msi GE62 6QC Apache... if that changes anything?
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 8:18 PM
Try to find out exactly the point, where it crashes, notice any pattern?, is it this particular house or lot, if you think it's global, is it an interaction a sim is about to perform, has anybody been dressed in corrupt clothing?, this can happen randomly too. Unfortunately you may experience a dozen more crashes until you spot the culprit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Try to find out exactly the point, where it crashes, notice any pattern?, is it this particular house or lot, if you think it's global, is it an interaction a sim is about to perform, has anybody been dressed in corrupt clothing?, this can happen randomly too. Unfortunately you may experience a dozen more crashes until you spot the culprit.

It crashes right after I started the game, It took like one second and then the sims 4 stop working
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 4:22 AM
have you tried repairing your game in Origin?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
have you tried repairing your game in Origin?

I tried what you said, but that didn't work either...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 9:37 PM
Honestly it sounds like you have a bad mod. Have you tried removing ALL custom content and running a new game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 9:51 PM
thank you all for your help I finally got my game to work properly, it was a bad mod that hadn't been updated for some time. Now I can play the sims 4