Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

Goldenbtrfly, Radium

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Guidelines/Rubrics Changes - posted on 16th Jun 2017 at 6:09 PM
Replies: 5812 (Who?), Viewed: 395808 times.
Page 233 of 233
Top Secret Researcher
#5801 Old Yesterday at 3:12 PM
Interesting ideas. Mine would probably be more automated though, but I don't know if it would be possible. It would just be hella funny though, if let's say... Loki Beaker were to take Buck Grunt, or Don Lothario were to take away one of Cassandra's kids because she was too busy having more kids to fulfill her have 10 kids want. Or even someone like Rose Greenman could make a few enemies by taking neglected children. If it isn't possible, then oh well... just a neat idea for an automation mod.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Field Researcher
#5802 Old Yesterday at 6:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I want a mod which makes all Sims available 24 hours a day. Meaning, you could call someone at 3-4 AM and they won't get pissed off at you. It's not unrealistic to want this since some people stay up all night (such as myself..). haha

Well, there's Christianlov's Easy Call Multiphone. That'll let you call, talk to, and invite over anyone, anytime. It even lets you call sims you haven't met.

There's also Cyjon's Night Calling which makes the game smarter about phone calls, allowing you to call and invite over supernaturals and sims who have different job schedules in the middle of the night.

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Forum Resident
#5803 Old Yesterday at 7:33 PM
Thanks for that. That's EXACTLY what I was looking for!
Scholar
#5804 Old Yesterday at 8:29 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : Yesterday at 11:11 PM.
This one's more one my husband keeps complaining about, but a mod to make the "talk about hobby" interaction raise hobby enthusiasm. Related: a "tell a story about > space" for science enthusiasm, since both Film & Lit and Tinkering get a "tell a story," but yet again Science sims are relegated to stargazing or checking the weather. -.-
Additionally, as far as I can tell, "serenade" doesn't raise Music & Dance enthusiasm, but it darn well should.
Edit: While we're on the subject, I think the Fingerprint Scanner should increase Science enthusiasm. It does nothing enthusiasm-wise, and therefore discourages me to actually use it.
Scholar
#5805 Old Today at 12:47 AM
Child sims be able to use cell phones.

be able to include on lot safe characters in community lot trips. and when on community lot, be able to invite on lot safe characters to next destination.
#5806 Old Today at 5:28 AM
Something that detects the number of bedrooms in an apartment (number of beds, or even the amount of space) and moves in the appropriate number of townies. It's a bit silly to see four-bedroom townhouses occupied by one townie.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's?
Mad Poster
#5807 Old Today at 10:30 AM
What I'd like is a way to put a description onto a house you design, without having to do it in the title.
Like you can with community lots. That would make it so much easier to find the right house with the right number of rooms.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Instructor
#5808 Old Today at 3:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Something that detects the number of bedrooms in an apartment (number of beds, or even the amount of space) and moves in the appropriate number of townies. It's a bit silly to see four-bedroom townhouses occupied by one townie.

Option to customize what type of gender/age/creature and number of townies generate in those apartments, with possibilities/probability of spawning in different flavours would be neat.

E.G, 2 married sims for a double bed - 3 children for single - a vampire for the coffin; o r ; 4 adults for doube beds, one teen and a vampire.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#5809 Old Today at 6:02 PM
Can you imagine the NPC bloat because of that though?

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Field Researcher
#5810 Old Today at 6:41 PM
I don't think there would be that much bloat though, because it's townies (not npcs)that fill apartments and there's already several that can do the job. Plus, the game would only call for new townies when you occupy a new apartment. Consider how dorms work. If you've ever reused a dorm for a different household, for example if your first generation all graduated and moved out before a new generation moves in, you know that the game repopulates the dorm with the same exact dormies. The same for apartments. If you have two different households in the same complex but move one of them out, the same townie that occupied it before reclaims the apartment.

Long story short, you would probably have to have several occupied apartment lots for the game to go through the entire townie pool and start to create new ones. Theoretically, it shouldn't be anymore bloat than playing without empty hood templates.

The real problem is that townies don't have any relation to each other. It'd be hard to group them and occupy a single unit.

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Theorist
#5811 Old Today at 8:49 PM
There is already something similar with tourists who occupy vacant hotel rooms. They do not have relations with each other but are grouped with same last name.
Scholar
#5812 Old Today at 9:44 PM
I play without the default tourist sims and yesterday I generated a few sims, created family ties and touristified them, I hope I did that properly and they’ll work as tourists

I would like a mod that changes how the conversations work. When sims chat on the phone or at the table, in the hot tub etc. their relations just get lowered by 1 when the topic isn’t interesting and they continue talking just fine, it works like that for the hang out interaction too. But, when you just make your sims chat as the social interaction they perform while standing, they act rudely (like yawn or cover their ears) and the conversation ends. To me it doesn’t make sense to behave so obnoxiously if they have more than 3 nice points, so I would like a mod that makes them act like at the table – just change the topic and continue the conversation.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Scholar
#5813 Old Today at 9:57 PM
sims not have to "re-earn" influence points when the influence points go over current capacity.
Page 233 of 233