Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#301 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 3:28 AM
I'm in my late 50s. I picked up a copy of Sims 1 and thought it was cute but didn't get into that much. A few years later, around 2007 I think, I bought a used copy of Sims 2 Double Deluxe on eBay. I liked it so much that I eventually bought all the expansion packs. Got them all used, making this game one of the best bargains of my life. It's helped me stay sane over the years as I recovered from illness, surgeries and boredom. I go through times when I play it for hours on end, day after day. Then I'll put it aside and not play at all for months. But I always come back to Sims 2, and have no interest in 3 or 4. One day, if I hear that Maxis made a game that plays like Sims 2 with the upgraded graphics of the newer games, I might consider getting it. Maybe Maxi will get it right with Sims 5 or Sims 6.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#302 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 3:43 AM
I'm in my (very) late twenties. I started playing sims around sims 1 (very briefly) oh about... Twelve or thirteen years ago?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#303 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 4:54 AM
I should rename this "Age of the forum's members" b/c I had no idea so many people would be comfortable sharing their age.
I'm seventeen now, almost eighteen. I graduate high school in four months. :-)
Mad Poster
#304 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by priviel
I should rename this "Age of the forum's members" b/c I had no idea so many people would be comfortable sharing their age.
I'm seventeen now, almost eighteen. I graduate high school in four months. :-)

Well, thank you for starting this. It is a very lovely, heartwarming thread. This game had brought people together, and this is beautiful.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#305 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:23 PM
A little off topic but I found out yesterday that mootilda has passed and I was in so much shock I actually started crying in the middle of lunch. I don't take loss very easily but she was one of the most helpful people on this site. She answered all my stupid questions with patience, articulation, and kindness.

She is forever immortalized in my sims 2 games as not only a memory but a reminder of the giving and loving spirit of the Sims community. In fact ts2 at its heart is a contribution of all of us, Everytime we use someone's cc in our game we are taking a person's thoughts and memories and making it a part of who we are. We are building our worlds with those around us.

I guess my point And how it relates to this thread: time is precious, you'll never know when it will be taken from you... So celebrate yourself and others and try to see one another through your similarities and not your differences.

This community is seriously one of the best, and some day we will all be gone. The only thing that is left is our contribution and that will remain with this world forever.
Field Researcher
#306 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:03 PM Last edited by ourladyplumbob : 21st Feb 2017 at 7:14 PM.
I'm another 17, almost 18 year old :-) I only have a couple of weeks left of being 17 (I'm dreading it, I really wish I didn't have to get older). What about you, @priviel and @velvetina? Are you looking forward to aging up?
It's so nice seeing the diversity in age of all the lovely simmers here! :lovestruc
Instructor
#307 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ourladyplumbob
I'm another 17, almost 18 year old :-) I only have a couple of weeks left of being 17 (I'm dreading it, I really wish I didn't have to get older). What about you, @priviel and @velvetina? Are you looking forward to aging up?
It's so nice seeing the diversity in age of all the lovely simmers here! :lovestruc

Me? I couldn't be happier about turning 18, because, due to studies (college), I will have to live away from my family. Classes begin in march 6, four days after my birthday.
Field Researcher
#308 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:12 PM
I turned 50 last month. :huzzah:

When I was a kid, we had PONG. And we LIKED it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#309 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:16 PM

I have mixed feelings about it. I'm excited to become an adult, but at the same time I'm scared, you know? I will have adult responsibilities and I fear I won't be mature enough to take them on. :/ It's bittersweet.

But I'm planning what my potential first tattoo will be, so that's something. And I don't plan on leaving this community - I may take breaks from TS2 here and there, but I grew up with this game, I can't just leave it.
Mad Poster
#310 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:36 PM
You'll find that the extra responsibility is easily offset by the increased autonomy. Nobody's ever mature enough for what they're growing into - you develop that as you go along, by doing it. You'll do fine.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#311 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:40 PM
Being an adult IS difficult, but hopefully you'll meet people along the way who will be your friend and you'll guide each other in the right direction.

The biggest lesson about adulthood is that sometimes there are no second chances, certain things are often times permanent and people generally will be less forgiving because you "should be old enough to know this by now". As a kid you get the pass because you're young, as adults one or two bad choices can drastically change your life.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#312 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saskganesh
I turned 50 last month. :huzzah:

When I was a kid, we had PONG. And we LIKED it!

Welcome to the 50+ club.

I'm another 17, almost 18 year old :-)

Congratulations to the newly turning 18 year olds

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#313 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
A little off topic but I found out yesterday that mootilda has passed and I was in so much shock I actually started crying in the middle of lunch. I don't take loss very easily but she was one of the most helpful people on this site. She answered all my stupid questions with patience, articulation, and kindness.

She is forever immortalized in my sims 2 games as not only a memory but a reminder of the giving and loving spirit of the Sims community. In fact ts2 at its heart is a contribution of all of us, Everytime we use someone's cc in our game we are taking a person's thoughts and memories and making it a part of who we are. We are building our worlds with those around us.

I guess my point And how it relates to this thread: time is precious, you'll never know when it will be taken from you... So celebrate yourself and others and try to see one another through your similarities and not your differences.

This community is seriously one of the best, and some day we will all be gone. The only thing that is left is our contribution and that will remain with this world forever.
Maybe you'd like to add your comments to the "official" thread for mootilda where most of us have tried to leave words of appreciation and condolence. Even in this community (as you say, one of the best), mootilda's combination of knowledge and kindness was outstanding. If anyone deserved a Best of the Best award, she did.

Truly life is sweet and precious.

On a lighter note, I hope those of you aging up on your birthdays all grow up into nice clothes!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#314 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 9:57 PM
Or better, all of you won't age on your birthday!..No wait.

Test Subject
#315 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 10:45 PM

Oh man I know exactly how you feel! I'm 17 as well and my birthday is March 5th. I'm so nervous/excited FINALLY becoming an adult but I am just really looking forward to having more options in my life.
Forum Resident
#316 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:04 PM
Happy early birthday to all the '99 babies~ I'm an '00 baby so I'll just have to wait another year. ;^)

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Lab Assistant
#317 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TenshusPrime
Oh man I know exactly how you feel! I'm 17 as well and my birthday is March 5th. I'm so nervous/excited FINALLY becoming an adult but I am just really looking forward to having more options in my life.

Me too! turning 18 this June!! I remember playing sims 2 when it first came out and I was only 5
Field Researcher
#318 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:37 PM
So many '99 babies! Thank you very much for all the nice wishes and replies :lovestruc Everyone is so nice here.
@velvetina: Funnily enough, 6th of March is my actual birthday :-D Good luck with college, I hope you have a great time!!
@priviel Bittersweet is the perfect way to describe how it feels. What are you thinking for your tattoo?
Test Subject
#319 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:47 AM
Another 18 y/o to the bandwagon here. Truly, I did grow up with The Sims 2 -- been obsessed with it since the tender age of nine, really. Still remember being 10 or so and curled up on the couch with a book while patiently waiting for my 20 minute loading screens -- everything from loading a family, an outfit or appearance change would take so long on our oldie computer. When the processor started giving out every time I started the game, I'd be glued to the screen watching gameplays, longing for the day I'd be able to play again. When the old computer finally gave up the ghost some half year later, we got a replacement, and the feeling I had installing the Sims 2 after what to a 11 y/o felt like an eternity of waiting was indescribable. Thinking back on it, it might seriously have been the happiest I've ever been.

With today's computers it's really easy to forget that the Sims 2 was everything but gentle on the machines of its day and age.
Field Researcher
#320 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
I have friends who started graying in their early 20's, so that's not a real age indicator anymore.

Totally true, I'm 21 and just starting to find grey hairs. Good ol' genetics. I always said to people I'd still be playing sims 2 when my hair started turning grey, and I was right. XD

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Test Subject
#321 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:38 PM
I turned 43 last week.
Inventor
#322 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marulam
I turned 43 last week.

Lol. Happened to me almost three weeks ago.
Field Researcher
#323 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:29 AM
I'm 17 but I started playing The Sims 2 when I was 14 years(That was in 2014), and I also created my account here when I was 14. I also showed the game to my 11 years old friend and she love it, she plays it until today. When I have my own children I will teach them how play Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#324 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyPurpleB
When I have my own children I will teach them how play Sims 2.

Way to go dear!!!! ahah!
(all 4 of mine play)
A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#325 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:36 AM
Except then they defect to sims 3 because -horses! Just as an aside my daughter is now a creator on here, but for sims 3. <_< traitor.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 13 of 15