Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 1:41 PM
Default Happy Eid!
I would like to wish everyone a happy Eid! I pray that God has accepted your fasting and prayers in the Holy Month of Ramadan!

So how do you celebrate Eid in your country?
What did you do in Ramadan? Anything funny?
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 4:47 PM
Default Happy Eid back at you
Happy Eid back at you Black_Barook.

I don't celebrate Eid exactly, but the whole country is on holiday from today onwards. and everyone is rushing and cramming into busses to get home for the holiday. I have invitation to an open house at a friends tomorrow, so it will be eating and chatting i suppose for tomorrow and then me and hubby may be going to visit family if the traffic is not jam pack with cars.

Already I can hear fireworks since a couple of hours ago.

I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating Eid in your country.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 5:02 PM
Happy eid to any muslims on here.

I'm an atheist, but I'm interested in the fasting, and next year (providing I'm fit enough) I hope to try it along with a few of my muslim friends.
#4 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 6:30 PM
Would anyone mind explaining Eid?
I am not very religious myself and I have never heard of it.
Thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 6:50 PM
Where are you from Nixie?

Eid means celebration. We are celebrating Eid ul-Fitr. It marks the end of Ramadan which is the Holy month when Muslims fast.

The start of it begins before sunrise, when the person who calls for prayer chants

"God is Great" Three times "There is no deity other then God" One time

Then

"God is Great" Two times "And all thanks to God." One time

They repeat this until the sunrise. It is preformed in the Mosques, and every Muslims goes. It is followed by a short prayer and then a sermon. (It's only for the first day.)

Then we all hug each other and wish everyone a Happy Eid. Then the world implodes because of all the lovey dovey smush.

In these three days the importance of unity, brotherhood is heavily stressed. Family members visit each other.

-Non-Religious-aspect-

In Kuwait we give money to the kids. It's called Eidya.
#6 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 6:51 PM
Very cool!
Thank you for sharing.
Happy Eid to all our Muslim friends here.
#7 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 4:51 AM
It was cool. We were out in the park. Lots of stuff for the kiddies. They had train rides, games, cotton candy, and more junk.

Nothing funny happened during ramadan...especially since it's not a joke. I read more, prayed more, supplicated more. That IS what we're to do. But, realize now there's more that I could have done. Especially since there's no guarantee i'll see another one.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 8:49 PM
Ziz! Where have you been! Missed you!

Yeah I know Ramadan is a time for faith, but funny things do happen. Also by fun I mean family gatherings and special nights at school for Muslim students.

So for those who give money on Eid, how much did you get?

I got 80KD on the first day! I'm saving for the new Photoshop CS3!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 3:20 AM
Is it that time again? I remember this thread from last year. My how time does fly. Well, Happy Eid once again to our Muslim friends. May this season bring you all the joy and blessings of the holiday.
#10 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 3:56 AM
Gah, I totally was going to fast during Ramadan, except I only found out it had started like a week ago.

I'm agnostic, but I believe in quite a few muslim... Morals. (That doesn't seem like the right word. If I remember it I'll add it later)