Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:35 AM
how to make meshes (even take your old sims 2 meshes) on the sims 3
go to http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop and you have a little work shop where you download a program where you can make new meshes your use the Sims 2 meshes and change it for the Sims 3 any questions just ask you will need WinRAR thou hope it helps for you meshers
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:41 AM
Sorry but with the shown tool you can't make your Sims2-meshes work for Sims 3. And ..the tool is not ready yet.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:55 AM
I believe their -eventual- goal is indeed to allow TS2 meshes to be imported to TS3, but it's not going to be as easy as just running it through an auto-utility for most items. Texture mapping will need to be significantly changed on many items to allow patterns in Create a Style to tile properly. And even then it would only be for non-animated basic objects only. Hair, clothes, anything that's animated even a little bit, you couldn't do like that.

And as Aunt Tilly said, it's not ready yet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aunt_Tilly
Sorry but with the shown tool you can't make your Sims2-meshes work for Sims 3. And ..the tool is not ready yet.

yer but at least at the moment you can get the beta and when it is ready all the meshes, hair and cloths will come poring in with the Sims 2 meshes and that will be fun hope it is done soon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I believe their -eventual- goal is indeed to allow TS2 meshes to be imported to TS3, but it's not going to be as easy as just running it through an auto-utility for most items. Texture mapping will need to be significantly changed on many items to allow patterns in Create a Style to tile properly. And even then it would only be for non-animated basic objects only. Hair, clothes, anything that's animated even a little bit, you couldn't do like that.

And as Aunt Tilly said, it's not ready yet.

yer but at least you can get the beta and hopefully they will get tutorials but i do see your point and it does make sense and is a very good one
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
another beta?

thats three ive seen so far. im a noober nube and whew its getting hard to keep up
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:57 AM
I haven't seen a single new object mesh, original or converted, for the Sims 3 so far -- only CAS stuff. Beta or not, does the TSR tool have ANY functionality to add game objects yet? I know it has a pattern import plugin, but I don't believe the object import function is actually even in beta (which would imply it works sometimes, for some people) at this point.

I'd be happy to be wrong about that Dying for new furniture etc.
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I haven't seen a single new object mesh, original or converted, for the Sims 3 so far -- only CAS stuff. Beta or not, does the TSR tool have ANY functionality to add game objects yet? I know it has a pattern import plugin, but I don't believe the object import function is actually even in beta (which would imply it works sometimes, for some people) at this point.

I'd be happy to be wrong about that Dying for new furniture etc.

It's supposed to be very good for patterns and really simple to use, someone I know used it and loves it for it's simplicity. As far as I know that's all it does, I could be wrong.