Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:41 PM
Question for Modders: Partial object tuning mod?
I have a mod where I've modified below value to 20 (more realistic chance when Try for Baby is used ) in the tuning for the Bed object (Bed_0x264bda3a21c61c01). In my mod, I've included the entire tuning options. However, I'm wondering if it is possible to have a mod with just this particular tuning to avoid conflict with other mods?

<kBabyMadeChance value="75">
<!--Range: 0-100. Chance of Sim getting Pregnant on TryForBaby.-->
</kBabyMadeChance>
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:37 AM
Sure, set up the XML like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
 <base>
   <Current_Tuning>
     <kBabyMadeChance value="75">
       <!--Range: 0-100. Chance of Sim getting Pregnant on TryForBaby.-->
     </kBabyMadeChance>
   </Current_Tuning>
 </base>
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:04 AM
channTL: Thats just setting up the XML to eliminate the other stuff... but that doesn't mean that other mods wont override that value considering that they would have the same TGI reference.

Best way to try it would be to make *2* tuning mods, of the same file. One with a chance of, say, 1, one with a chance of 100. Then see which one actually activates.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:03 PM
Yes, but ideally all modders would only include the tag with the value/s they are actually intending to change, then clashes would only happen if two modders wanted to edit the same variable with different values. One would *hope* users would have the sense to realise that if they had one mod to make the school start at 10am and one to make it start at 8am, there would be a clash! But obviously they can't necessarily guess that someone who modded the school to start at 7am but didn't touch the end time is gonna clash with someone's mod that made the school end at 6pm but didn't touch the start time.

Unlike with Sims 2, where TGI was everything, I don't think it means much in Sims3, particularly for these tuning files. I don't think the game will take much notice that there might be 6 tuning mods all with the same TGI, they won't override each other for reasons of same TGI alone, I don't think.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Best way to try it would be to make *2* tuning mods, of the same file. One with a chance of, say, 1, one with a chance of 100. Then see which one actually activates.

This never occurred to me! I only performed three tests but initial findings appear that the load pattern is based upon file name aphabetical order and whichever file it loads first is the one it retains and ignores the rest. Note that packages are set to replace duplicates but I was expecting the last file loaded to be the one it kept. Of course, there could be a chance that it is loading in reverse order.

Test 1: Two files; HighPreg (value = 100) and LowPreg (value = 2). Sims would get preggers each TFB.

Test 2: Two files; LowPreg (value = 2) and zHighPreg (value = 100). Sims would not get preggers each TFB

Test 3: Two files; LowPreg (value = 2) and LawPreg (value = 100). Sims would get preggers each TFB