Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:40 PM
Default Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween everyone! Have fun!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:35 PM
i wont! GOt a flu jab today and i cant go trick or treating cause im 15! BAH
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:37 PM
I will. I'm excited to take my son... he's two and going to be a pirate!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:40 PM
haha! I remember when i was 4 mum took me trick or treating...we didnt have costumes so mum cut a hole out of a bin bag and made us vampires!! *sigh* good times
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:41 PM
Happy Halloween S2C .
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:54 PM
Oh, I love Halloween! The time of year for passing out of the light and into the dark, for throwing away bad habits and preparing to start anew...a magical time.

Traditionally, long long long long long long long ago, people would build a tremendous bonfire during this time of year, and on Halloween, you could write down the bad habits you wanted to be rid of, and cast them into the fire. I see this time of year as a sort of spiritual renewal time for me.

OH, yeah. And there's lots of candy too.

Happy Halloween all!!
pieridae
Instructor
#7 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 5:46 PM
I won't. I'm home sick and my mom hasn't let me go trick-or-treating since i was 13 because of something that happened. But happy Halloween to everyone else!
#8 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 5:50 PM
The best I get out of it is telling the little kids that have got out for the first time without parents, (like 8-10?) that I've run out of sweets... or they have to sing a song to get some.. mwhaha.

My mother won't let me out cause she says there are too many teenagers on the streets at Halloween, and they don't need another one.. *grumbles* Yet all my friends are going out... *grumbles*

Anyhow, it's sundown now, so the young ones will be out in about half an hour to an hour... then the next ones (that I can totally be mean to) in an hour and a half
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 5:50 PM
Ah, I love Halloween! My yard is decked out for the big night tonight, and I look forward to scaring the heck out of my neighbors! Muahaha!

Happy Halloween everyone!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 5:51 PM
I'm too old to go trick or treating; besides which, the only trick-or-treaters seem to be little kids who cry if you've run out of sweets and can only offer biscuits (boy, do their parents glare when that happens), or older kids who don't bother with costumes and are only interested if you're offering money. Halloween in Birmingham isn't very fun. But at least tomorrow I have a day off school (practically)!
Happy Halloween! Stay safe if you're out trick-or-treating!

"Life isn’t like coursework, baby. It’s one damn essay crisis after another."
Boris Johnson

"By Jove! Which is always to say, by myself."
Caligula; I, Claudius
Scholar
#11 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by funheart00
The best I get out of it is telling the little kids that have got out for the first time without parents, (like 8-10?) that I've run out of sweets... or they have to sing a song to get some.. mwhaha.

My mother won't let me out cause she says there are too many teenagers on the streets at Halloween, and they don't need another one.. *grumbles* Yet all my friends are going out... *grumbles*

Anyhow, it's sundown now, so the young ones will be out in about half an hour to an hour... then the next ones (that I can totally be mean to) in an hour and a half

Yes, I make them tell a joke or say a poem before they get anything, must be a British thing!

My kids insisted on getting dressed up an hour ago and keep asking "Is it time to go out yet?", they've got another hour to wait so they'll be driving me mad! I've got a Pumpkin, Dracula and a Black Cat, and I'm going to be a Demon. I've downloaded lots of scary music to play so I can scare all the little kids (I'm mean!).
#12 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 7:23 PM
I've never been trick or treating and I don't really care about it.. we just ignore everyone who comes to our door- just another night lol
I'm tempted, when people knock on the door.. to knock back

I remember ages ago, my (then) best friend and her mum bought some sweets but ignored the door and ate the sweets :laugh:

But! I'm all for holiday spirit! Happy Halloween! :howdy:
Scholar
#13 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 8:03 PM
Last year it was pouring rain and blowing a gale so no one came round. My husband and eldest daughter went out and they got loads of sweet because no one else was out and we still had all the sweets we'd bought as well
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 8:15 PM
I never did halloween. And never got the spirit.

But, happy Halloween every one.
#15 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 8:46 PM
Happy Halloween, and to my Wiccan friends, have a great Samhain!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 11:03 PM
Happy Halloween!
I remember when I was in elementary school, and we got to dress up the day of Halloween (In first grade I was Pikachu, I recall ^o^), and we used to walk around the school through all the classrooms for everyone to see our costumes. I was always so scared to go into the fifth graders' rooms, because they were usually dark and it looked scary to me, so I managed to avoid them for five years. In fourth grade I even faked being sick and went home! I always hated Halloween when I was I was younger, but now I really like it. ^___^
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 12:22 AM
We're getting the first trick-or-treaters over here. It's actually pretty busy in our quiet cul-de-sac - must be the "Monster Mash" CD blasting out the window. :D

Happy Halloween, everybody!

Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 1:27 AM

Tyler - it depends which hemisphere they're in. My friends back home in SA are celebrating Beltaine.

For those who still have Halloween, happy halloween! Thanks to timezone's its already the day after for me.

BUT I went trick or treating for the first time in my life (at 24),or rather got to dress up in a costume and supervise a group of kiddies and their mom's as we went along a pre-arranged route (of shops!) to go trick or treating! Nothing like a cute bunch of Japanese kiddies learning to shout "Trick or Treat!" and "Thank you!" (I made my group say thanks ).

And does everywhere play the Monster Mash? That was playing along the whole route ALL the time.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 2:00 AM
Tonight's been good. Headed out with my housemate to a great chinese resturant, then wandered around the pubs to have a few drinks. Listen to lots of great corny music, while trying to mix playing a game of Drink Pool while dancing to the Time Warp. Afterwards, headed to another pub to try their cocktails, then headed home and watched Ju-on, the original Japanese version of the Grudge, then as my friend asked for something non-ghost related afterwards, watched a couple of episodes of Utawarerumono.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Inventor
#20 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 3:44 AM
Happy Halloween everyone! I won't be doing anything different then normal, but I use to love going tricker treating. When I was little I lived in VERY rural Massachuesetts so I went trick or treating at the mall. Twas awesome, totally temperature controlled. :D