Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:03 AM
Very disappointing. Reason: only 5 majors. If I want my sim to go into politics, I'm not going to send her to "Communications". That's just stupid.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 8:26 AM Last edited by igazor : 10th Nov 2016 at 8:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Very disappointing. Reason: only 5 majors. If I want my sim to go into politics, I'm not going to send her to "Communications". That's just stupid.

Uni has 6 majors. If you have the NRaas Careers mod and its Academics add-on module then you get a 7th major, Education for future school teachers. Pity no one (I know of ) has made more custom Uni majors than that, but it does give us 40% more than the 5 mentioned.

Okay not much of an astronomical difference admittedly, just thought the percentage way sounded better than saying 2 more than mentioned.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 9:23 AM
I am having fun with my hometown universities, thanks to dear modders.
And the roommate system works OK for me in hometown. In my game my poor sims share houses with a few roommates to earn some rent.
I do like the herbs.

Guess the one thing I really hate about this EP is the univ world come with it.
Test Subject
#79 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 1:44 AM
The EP was not a huge disappointment to me, there is a lot of stuff i actually like (yes, social groups included). However, the uni world is sort of boring, has routing issues, and it makes no sense when you send your second generation sims to the uni and there are the same sims there, that were studying and sharing dorm with your active sims's parents.
It is nice to discover the mod that allows creating university in our playable towns, but how can we make professors?
Mad Poster
#80 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerHilda
The EP was not a huge disappointment to me, there is a lot of stuff i actually like (yes, social groups included). However, the uni world is sort of boring, has routing issues, and it makes no sense when you send your second generation sims to the uni and there are the same sims there, that were studying and sharing dorm with your active sims's parents.
It is nice to discover the mod that allows creating university in our playable towns, but how can we make professors?

Professors are merely sims in the Uni Student "career" at Level 2. They have their own course loads and exams to worry about when they aren't teaching and really act more as graduate students would. If you have inactives as students already and NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module also required), pick someone who looks smart in each major for which you want a professor and bump up their job level from 1 to 2.
Test Subject
#81 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Professors are merely sims in the Uni Student "career" at Level 2. They have their own course loads and exams to worry about when they aren't teaching and really act more as graduate students would. If you have inactives as students already and NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module also required), pick someone who looks smart in each major for which you want a professor and bump up their job level from 1 to 2.

Wow, that's easy! I have this mod and use the career cheat as well (Mainly to give social group related jobs to sims who are not that extremely nerdy/jock/rebellious), but i had no idea it could be used to make professors. Thanks for the reply.
Scholar
#82 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

That's useful to know. I'd been wondering about the matter of professors too, and I wasn't happy with my students sitting in 'lectures' taking notes and asking questions when there was nobody actually giving the lecture. Good old Master Controller, I couldn't live without it!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Theorist
#83 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 1:30 PM
I read somewhere that it's possible to set up university in the main hood. How? Is it easy enough? In TS2 I needed just a couple of mods and that's it, they could go to lessons right from their own house.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I read somewhere that it's possible to set up university in the main hood. How? Is it easy enough? In TS2 I needed just a couple of mods and that's it, they could go to lessons right from their own house.

Not so sure it qualifies for "easy enough," Homeworld Unis are more of a do-it-yourself project.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers...worldUniversity
Page 4 of 4