Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 11:49 PM
Default University right in home world?
I have never played University Life. I got the EP but never bothered to put up with the loading time and bloated saved files (when you travel, your saved file will bloat up).

But I am wondering, if I have all the rabbit holes in the homeworld to form a university on 1 lot (or multiple), can I play University Life right on it without having to travel to University world? It would be neat to play a college town.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:55 AM
You'll need Twallan's Career's mod in order to do it. There are a couple of compact Uni lots you can download on MTS2 and a few custom worlds that have Universities built in the home lot. They work just like going to another world for university but you don't get any professors showing up for lectures.
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
You'll need Twallan's Career's mod in order to do it. There are a couple of compact Uni lots you can download on MTS2 and a few custom worlds that have Universities built in the home lot. They work just like going to another world for university but you don't get any professors showing up for lectures.

So what happens when Sims are attending lectures? They just sit down and write stuff down without anyone actually giving the lecture? That's too bad, but I don't actually mind. :/

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:22 AM
There is a Professor Career on here MTS that can can make an active sim to be lecturer. But i have not checked out how it works. In fact I don't even know how University Life works.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
There is a Professor Career on here MTS that can can make an active sim to be lecturer. But i have not checked out how it works. In fact I don't even know how University Life works.

I believe it's just a regular rabbit hole career just like other custom careers. But with university theme.

University Life is quite simple. At the college, every Monday and Wednesday your Sims will attend class the college rabbit hole and every Tuesday and Thursday your Sims will attend lectures or college activities. Every Friday, your Sims will take final tests. Attending class is just like working in rabbit holes, complete with career tones. In lectures, you can see your Sims actually do something (like Ambitions professions), but you don't actually have to command them anything. Just tell them to attend the lecture or activity and they'll do it themselves. In the final test, your academic performance which you accumulate by attending classes, attending lectures, studying, or gaining skills will determine your final grade. If you accumulate 48 credits, your Sims will graduate. You can earn 36 credits at max in one visit to college, so unless you earn scholarships to earn extra credits, you need to attend college at least twice to graduate.

Basically, this can be done in your home world if you have Twallan's Careers mod. Otherwise, you're tied to attending college in Sims University.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
So what happens when Sims are attending lectures? They just sit down and write stuff down without anyone actually giving the lecture? That's too bad, but I don't actually mind. :/

That's what happens to my Sims when I send them off to the official uni world anyway :-\...
Theorist
#7 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:30 AM Last edited by tizerist : 27th Aug 2014 at 5:37 PM.
So even now there is no visible lecturers in the homeworld Uni's? If so that's too bad, but homeworld Uni's are still the way to go I guess..better than having a seperate hood just for that anyway.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:45 AM
Playing the separate neighborhood once was okay. Repeating it not so much. Do I have a mod to just give a sim a university degree without going to class? If I don't, I need one.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
I have never played University Life. I got the EP but never bothered to put up with the loading time and bloated saved files (when you travel, your saved file will bloat up)....

If you're concerned about bloated saved files, I recommend you download Kuree's Save Cleaner program at Simlogical . It reduces the size of your saved files which helps (a little) to shorten load times.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Playing the separate neighborhood once was okay. Repeating it not so much. Do I have a mod to just give a sim a university degree without going to class? If I don't, I need one.

You don't need a mod for that, just use your life time happiness points to get an honorary degree.
Alchemist
#11 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
That's what happens to my Sims when I send them off to the official uni world anyway :-\...

But there are lecturers in my game! :/

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
You don't need a mod for that, just use your life time happiness points to get an honorary degree.

I basically ignore the entire lifetime happiness business as I find it annoying. And I want to be able to give a sim a degree right from the start.

Theorist
#13 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:19 PM

In the Uni town, not in hometowns with Uni's added.

The problem with Uni-town, in my opinion, is that it's very North American. It would make no sense for sims in Asian, European, or African towns to suddenly be in such a different part of the world. I want them to go to local Uni's, even if it's in the basement of a Bakery lol.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#14 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:44 PM
Here is info for those who want to have university in homeworld.
http://daydream.etowns.net/ in Sims3, article Homeworld University
Alchemist
#15 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
In the Uni town, not in hometowns with Uni's added.

I was responding to LucyBorgia who said there was no lecturers even in the university subhood.

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#16 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 8:44 PM
Hmm, thanks Nemiga, that's interesting.

responding to LucyBorgia

Ah ok.

#BlairWitchPetition
Forum Resident
#17 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 2:29 AM
There are times when I haven't gotten any professors to show up to lecture (which has happened to me in real life too!) at the Uni world but I've never had them show up in my home Uni. I will look into the professor career but don't remember anything in the mod description about a controlled professor Sim being able to give a lecture.
Space Pony
#18 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:36 AM
You can actually design your own University lot in your home world but you'll need two additional mods to do so:

First you'll need Margaret Pendragon's Rabbithole Rugs for UL found here:

http://simsl3gacies.com/blog/2013/0...hole-rugs-3813/

or better still her "newer" Rabbithole doors:

http://simsl3gacies.com/blog/2014/0...bit-hole-doors/

And lastly, you'll need this mod:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=510222

So you'll have access to the Student Union booth.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
So even now there is no visible lecturers in the homeworld Uni's? If so that's too bad, but homeworld Uni's are still the way to go I guess..better than having a seperate hood just for that anyway.

You can actually assign lecturers with NRaas I think, assign the academic career to the sim first, then go to Intermediate>Career>Level>Level 2
Theorist
#20 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:59 PM
Thanks yeah I realised this after the wonderful revelations of post 14. I am very happy about this because ever since Uni came out I didn't know how to incorporate it to my game. Now I do. I spent about an hour on Rinn Fada last night, trying to find a potential University spot. I still have no clue where it will go, no building looked even 20% like a Uni. Maybe add one to Mont Saint Michel instead hmm

#BlairWitchPetition
Forum Resident
#21 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Here is info for those who want to have university in homeworld.
http://daydream.etowns.net/ in Sims3, article Homeworld University

Thanks for this -- the information about add lecturers was very helpful!

Note to mods: Not trolling; just resurrecting this thread to give it greater visibility in case anyone else is interested in/looking for how to run a university in their homeworld as it contains useful info.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:27 PM
I plan to build a university in my world, but I dont want that all downloaders have to request the rabbitholerugs. Are they somehow different than the ingame rabbitholes?

Im not a native speaker
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolalule
I plan to build a university in my world, but I dont want that all downloaders have to request the rabbitholerugs. Are they somehow different than the ingame rabbitholes?
They function exactly like the rabbithole buildings, but don't take up real estate. Did you notice how huge the School of Business is? Margaret is very good about responding to requests for her mod. She only asks that everyone agree not to redistribute them. Now, if someone were to create alternate replacements, perhpas rabbit hole doors...

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
They function exactly like the rabbithole buildings, but don't take up real estate. Did you notice how huge the School of Business is? Margaret is very good about responding to requests for her mod. She only asks that everyone agree not to redistribute them. Now, if someone were to create alternate replacements, perhpas rabbit hole doors...

Yes, I believe that she responds to all the requests and I respect her decision. But I want it as easy as it can get. And taking a request and wait for her to respond is not that easy and fast. No offense, I´m just searching for a practical solution. I already looked at the files of jynxs rugs and for me it looks too complicated. I also thought of just shrink the mesh of the rabbitholes to hide them in the basement, but I doubt that it´s that easy (routing and so on)...

Im not a native speaker
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolalule
Yes, I believe that she responds to all the requests and I respect her decision. But I want it as easy as it can get. And taking a request and wait for her to respond is not that easy and fast. No offense, I´m just searching for a practical solution. I already looked at the files of jynxs rugs and for me it looks too complicated. I also thought of just shrink the mesh of the rabbitholes to hide them in the basement, but I doubt that it´s that easy (routing and so on)...

She responded to my request in less than 12 hours. It really is no more complicated than signing up to download from MTS. There are many lots available for download here that are actually more work. Look at the lots that use a lot of CC that is not included and you have to go to a dozen different places, register, and then find the download to install. But, it's up to you. I'm very happy with Margaret's rugs.

Page 1 of 2