Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2017 at 12:22 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 18th Jun 2017 at 10:46 PM.
Default Testers needed: TS4 MorphMaker - make BGEOs, DMAPs, and BoneDeltas for sliders, presets, and scripts
I've been banging on DMAPs (deformer maps for body morphs) for quite some time, and when I started making a tool for them I found I also wanted to include BGEOs for face morphs. This is a preliminary version of a morph making tool - all it does at the moment is make DMAPs and BGEOs which you'll have to package yourself with the other resources needed to use them in the game. Later I plan to make a more user-friendly tool that will package everything up.

How to use:

For both types of morph you first export a base mesh to work with in .obj for body/DMAP morphs or .ms3d for head/BGEO morphs, specifying the age and gender. Then you use your 3D meshing program of choice if you're making a DMAP, or Milkshape if you're making a BGEO. (At the moment only Milkshape is supported for face/BGEO morphs but I'm going to see if I can use .obj for that as well.) Copy the base mesh and modify it to the morphed shape you want. Then plug the base and morph into the tool to make your DMAP or BGEO.

I've attached two example packages with custom morphs as CAS presets. Basically, you need a custom preset (CPRE) resource, which links to one or more sculpt (SCPT) and/or Sim Modifier (SMOD) resources, which link to DMAPs and/or BGEOs. So far I've only used sculpts, and I'm not sure what the difference is except that modifiers can be given a weight in the preset.

These can also presumably be used with a script, but I haven't tested that.

NOTE ON BGEO and SCULPT: The BGEO and Sculpt (SCPT) resources contain a link back to their own TGI, and this must be correct or it won't work right. (In my game ALL the sliders and presets stopped working when I had a BGEO with an internal link of all zeros.) The program has you enter a unique name for the BGEO which is used to generate an instance. If you need to change the TGI of the BGEO, you must either make it again or edit it in s4pe to change both the TGI and the internal link.

NOTE: I also found the age/gender and region in the preset and the sculpt had to agree or it didn't work right. This probably applies to Sim Modifiers too, and possibly DMAPs.

NOTE: The way the head meshes are set up since some recent patch, the same BGEO works with all ages/genders. This saves a lot of work: you still have to do a morph for each lod but in most cases it should work for everyone.

ANOTHER NOTE: Body meshes have to have uv1 and the head meshes have to have vertex IDs. It's best to use the meshes exported by the tool unless you have a custom mesh with the correct format.

AND LAST NOTE I HOPE: You'll have to grab the latest version of s4pe (0.5.0-beta) to edit sculpts and presets. https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases

I'm probably forgetting something. Please comment with questions/problems/suggestions/new information.

Edit: I forgot the Sculpt resource also has an internal self-TGI link that must be correct.

6/18/17: Uploaded version 1.1
Added a bonedelta/slotadjust/bone morph editor.
Added the ability to package any combination of BGEOs, DMaps, and bonedeltas with SMODs automatically created and all links, internal and external, set up. These can then be used with CAS presets, sliders, or scripts.
Various other changes and additions.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ExampleCASPresets.zip (58.2 KB, 450 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TS4MorphMaker_1_1_0_0.zip (1.74 MB, 459 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Extract and run TS4MorphMaker.exe

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 10:40 PM
New version uploaded, still open for testing/suggestions until I'm satisfied it's ready for prime time.

In fooling around with this, I found it's really easy to add custom morphs to the EA HotSpotControls, taking advantage of ones that don't use all the directions (left, right, up, down) and of the fact that they can do different morphs when you click on the sim from different directions (front, back, side).

I'll be working on a new release of s4pe - Peter Jones has contributed some wrappers and I've decoded more of the HotSpotControl.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4