Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:57 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 22nd Oct 2017 at 8:30 PM.
Default Other families also age while playing
I am looking for a mod that makes sims of other families age while playing a family.
I don't want to keep track of everything in external programs.
If there's no such hack, is it possible somehow to keep track in game?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 10:28 AM
I don't think there is anything for this as it's more of a sims 3/4 feature. Sims 2 is designed for rotational play.

The only things I can think of would be:

(Complicated but accurate)
Use the Lot Sync Timer. Install for every family on Day 0. On the families you don't want to directly play, load them up and find the sim with the next coming birthday. Add their "Days left" to the current lot day, and choose "Set Event Day" for this day number. Save the lot, return to neighbourhood, write the sim-to-be-aged's name in the family bio.

Repeat for every external family, and then go and play your main characters.

When a sim from another family is due to age up, a pop up will appear on your home family screen telling you that there is an event in <household>. So save, go to neighbourhood, find that family, and check who you're supposed to age-up in the family bio.

Now you've loaded that family, you can either: Use the function "Skip day" on the lot sync timer (may be a shift-click debug mode option.) This advances the timer, the day, the season, and all sims' ages in the household. Skip until you get to the correct birthday and age up. The downside is you can only do one day at a time. *OR*, manually age the sim up with cheats, and advance the lot sync timer yourself using the options on "Day 0". The Blender allows you to age the other sims more quickly. However you do this, note the next occurring birthday and repeat the Set Event Day process. If you feel like adding a pregnancy/baby to the household you can do this using the Blender too and simply accelerating the pregnancy.

For elders who do not have a birthday, dump them all into one lot as a "Retirement home" and just use the skip day process on them once every X number of days, or use a mod which allows you to see the amount of days they have left.

NOTE: Do not remove the Lot Sync Timer from your Downloads folder without uninstalling from the neighbourhood or it can bork your hood.

OR

(Easy but less accurate)
Make everyone townies, and just pretend they live in the houses you built. Use one of the townie ageing mods (there are a few different options) to make them age. If you want to make sims have babies, age them immediately to children and make them townies too, since babies and toddlers never appear on community lots.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I don't think there is anything for this as it's more of a sims 3/4 feature. Sims 2 is designed for rotational play.

The only things I can think of would be:

(Complicated but accurate)
Use the Lot Sync Timer. Install for every family on Day 0. On the families you don't want to directly play, load them up and find the sim with the next coming birthday. Add their "Days left" to the current lot day, and choose "Set Event Day" for this day number. Save the lot, return to neighbourhood, write the sim-to-be-aged's name in the family bio.

Repeat for every external family, and then go and play your main characters.

When a sim from another family is due to age up, a pop up will appear on your home family screen telling you that there is an event in <household>. So save, go to neighbourhood, find that family, and check who you're supposed to age-up in the family bio.

Now you've loaded that family, you can either: Use the function "Skip day" on the lot sync timer (may be a shift-click debug mode option.) This advances the timer, the day, the season, and all sims' ages in the household. Skip until you get to the correct birthday and age up. The downside is you can only do one day at a time. *OR*, manually age the sim up with cheats, and advance the lot sync timer yourself using the options on "Day 0". The Blender allows you to age the other sims more quickly. However you do this, note the next occurring birthday and repeat the Set Event Day process. If you feel like adding a pregnancy/baby to the household you can do this using the Blender too and simply accelerating the pregnancy.

For elders who do not have a birthday, dump them all into one lot as a "Retirement home" and just use the skip day process on them once every X number of days, or use a mod which allows you to see the amount of days they have left.

NOTE: Do not remove the Lot Sync Timer from your Downloads folder without uninstalling from the neighbourhood or it can bork your hood.

OR

(Easy but less accurate)
Make everyone townies, and just pretend they live in the houses you built. Use one of the townie ageing mods (there are a few different options) to make them age. If you want to make sims have babies, age them immediately to children and make them townies too, since babies and toddlers never appear on community lots.

I heard of that lot sync timer, but there were problems with it going back to 0 for no reason and then everything is lost.

And the other option: I like to switch families sometimes. So it's not a good idea to make them all townies (although the idea crossed my mind).

Isn't there a tool or so to see how many days a family/lot has been played with?
There are several tools to see how many sims there are in the neighbourhood, to know everything about a career the sim is in,... maybe there is also one to know how many days a lot has been played with?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 12:48 PM
Before I got the Lot Timer, I left notes about what day a family was on in the information box that comes up when you first click on a house. "Wednesday, Day 23, Winter 2 - Did this and that with family. Still need to have the father do this other thing. Etc." It's a bit clunky, but it lets you see from Neighborhood View where each family is in the rotation without having to enter their houses to check the Lot Timer. I've had the Lot Timer in my game for a few years now and it's been awhile since it last reset itself for no reason, but I still leave the notes just in case. I know you'd rather have a tool that does this for you automatically, but the only one I know of is the Lot Timer.

I use Syberspunk's "Grow Up Townies" in my game. You can age up any unselectable sim (including playables from other households) just by clicking on them. I haven't used it much, but I haven't noticed it causing any problems.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4842.0.html

I don't know whether you'd be interested in townies and NPCs aging, but AncientHighway made a mod that causes any townies or NPCs present on a lot to age at 6 PM just like your playables do. I pulled it out because I found that butlers and nannies ended up aging a lot faster because they stayed in my house late while other townies and NPCs only aged when they were present on community lots that I was visiting.

If you want this mod, get the improved version from the 2nd post:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8058.0

More information about how it works here:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8685.0
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Before I got the Lot Timer, I left notes about what day a family was on in the information box that comes up when you first click on a house. "Wednesday, Day 23, Winter 2 - Did this and that with family. Still need to have the father do this other thing. Etc." It's a bit clunky, but it lets you see from Neighborhood View where each family is in the rotation without having to enter their houses to check the Lot Timer. I've had the Lot Timer in my game for a few years now and it's been awhile since it last reset itself for no reason, but I still leave the notes just in case. I know you'd rather have a tool that does this for you automatically, but the only one I know of is the Lot Timer.

I use Syberspunk's "Grow Up Townies" in my game. You can age up any unselectable sim (including playables from other households) just by clicking on them. I haven't used it much, but I haven't noticed it causing any problems.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4842.0.html

I don't know whether you'd be interested in townies and NPCs aging, but AncientHighway made a mod that causes any townies or NPCs present on a lot to age at 6 PM just like your playables do. I pulled it out because I found that butlers and nannies ended up aging a lot faster because they stayed in my house late while other townies and NPCs only aged when they were present on community lots that I was visiting.

If you want this mod, get the improved version from the 2nd post:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8058.0

More information about how it works here:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8685.0

Keeping track in the information box is not a bad idea. Maybe I can make a picture on the lot everyday and make instead of stories with pictures, notes with pictures and summarize it in the information box.
That's probably even better than a mod or a tool as for a tool you need to load the lot and a mod can cause conflicts.
And maybe I can even make it into stories and post on my blog.
I finally have my downloadfolder in order (over 13,000 items) that nothing conflicts with others anymore.
I like the aging NPC idea, but when I took a quick look at the simbology forum it was like it might cause conflicts with other mods ("NPC aging in this post is bad. It kinda works sometimes and doesn't work other times. Not to mention conflicting with everything")
I'll take a look again when I have some more time,... It might be meant sarcastic.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I like the aging NPC idea, but when I took a quick look at the simbology forum it was like it might cause conflicts with other mods ("NPC aging in this post is bad. It kinda works sometimes and doesn't work other times. Not to mention conflicting with everything")
I'll take a look again when I have some more time,... It might be meant sarcastic.

That remark referred to the older version of the mod attached to the first post. That's why AncientHighway attached an improved/upgraded version of it in the second post. The mod worked fine when I had it in my game and didn't seem to conflict with anything. I just didn't like that the townies and NPCs didn't all age at the same rate because some were present at 6 PM more often than others.

If you do decide to try that mod, use a disposable testing neighborhood. That way if something breaks, your good neighborhood won't be wrecked. And get the one in the second post, not the first post.

Quote: Originally posted by AncientHighway
For those that are wondering, the initial version conflicts with just about every aging mod out there in one way or another. The newer version has yet to have a conflict identified.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:48 PM
I think the LotSyncTimer is the only one which will count the days which have occurred on a lot.

I like to sync my households up into the same season and weekday. That way, if it ever resets (which, also, I haven't had happen for several years now) I can normally figure out how far behind/ahead different housheolds are from each other. Because the random reset is such a rare event, I just don't worry about it. Even if I was totally unable to work it out, I could approximate it. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't 100% accurate. I'd try to match up twins, I think, that's all.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I think the LotSyncTimer is the only one which will count the days which have occurred on a lot.

I like to sync my households up into the same season and weekday. That way, if it ever resets (which, also, I haven't had happen for several years now) I can normally figure out how far behind/ahead different housheolds are from each other. Because the random reset is such a rare event, I just don't worry about it. Even if I was totally unable to work it out, I could approximate it. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't 100% accurate. I'd try to match up twins, I think, that's all.

Maybe I'll use the lotsync as an extra reference. I try to keep track of income and expenses and all. So that way I keep track a bit too.