Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Tricou graves reappear in Gothier Green Lawns...but Tricous are resurrected
Basically, I resurrected my Tricous with the Move Graves and Resurrect O Nomitron method, and suddenly all the graves have reappeared in Gothier Green Lawns.
The lot itself hasn't 'completely reset' because I've moved other graves there, and they still exist.

I think i'm playing the original Pleasantview, and not Tarlia's. I can't remember, to be honest.

What do I do?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:34 AM Last edited by Sketching : 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:55 AM.
I had this problem before - I had a batch of living Tricous and another batch that's still buried in their graves yet came out to haunt every night.

A few things:

Try running Hoodchecker and see what it can find.

Do you have a back-up you could revert to? Maybe you could put it in and redo the resurrections to see if it'll work this time.

Did you use Tarlia's cleaned-up downtown? If you didn't, I'd recommend it for your new hoods to also set the Tricou teens' relationships properly and fix a few of the broken face templates.

Are the graves linked to sims? When you hover over them, there should be names of the deceased; in some cases, duplicate graves ("Here Lies" but without names) that aren't actually character files happen and those usually disappear when you exit and re-enter the lot.

Sometimes this happens when you create a custom downtown that the game puts all of the default downtownies in and add the default downtown afterwards. This results in 2 batches of the default downtownies and using Hoodchecker sends the second batch of graves to the cemetery.

Edit:

This is an out-there possibility, but your computer might have set your Sims 2 data folder (not the installation files) as read-only and caused the game to hiccup and think that the Tricous are still buried even though you already resurrected them. There's also the chance that your anti-virus did the same thing, so those are other things to check.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 12:29 PM
I have the clean Downtown because Belladonna Cove comes up in my Downtown selection.

I went in via Buy Mode and when I clicked the graves, the names were there. They were all in their original places.

I have set my installation files to read-only but definitely not my data files.

Inventor
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 1:43 PM Last edited by Sketching : 22nd Oct 2017 at 3:37 PM.
Tarlia has 2 clean versions of the default downtown - one with the downtownies and one without. Belladonna Cove is an alternative option you can use but for the downtown you added, did you use one of her clean default downtowns? Did you add more than one downtown to your neighborhood?

Have you run the neighborhood with Hoodchecker? It can help clean up the neighborhood and wrongly assigned memories, which tends to happen with added subhoods. I strongly recommend that you periodically run all of your neighborhoods through it if you haven't already. If you're not using a clean Pleasantview now, I suggest running the Hoodchecker to clean what it can so that nothing else will be affecting this problem. It would be best to clean up your current hood before you try anything else.

With some computers, their operating systems and anti-virus programs affect the data files without your notice. It's best to check them before you play and disable your anti-virus during your play session.

Do you have a back-up from before you added the downtown? You could try loading it then use one of Tarlia's clean downtowns and try resurrecting the Tricous again. Before you start your game, disable your anti-virus and delete your cache files. This time, put all of the graves in your inventory and bring them home safely. Put the graves on the ground, save, and exit. Don't use the option to save while exiting to the neighborhood - sometimes that affects your sims' files. Go to Gothier Green Lawns to check if the graves are still there. If they are, with their names, that's a problem. Double check by sending your sims to the the Lawns just in case the graves will disappear if you go there.

Now, there's a chance that when you return home after checking Gothier Green Lawns that the game will create duplicate graves that have no names. As far as I know, those are okay to delete but to be safe, save and exit the lot. When you re-enter, those unnamed graves should be gone. Then proceed to resurrect the Tricous. When you're done resurrecting the Tricous, save and exit. Check Gothier Green Lawns for the graves again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 5:30 PM
I ran the hoodchecker but the graves still have names