Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 8:29 PM
Default World Event Spawners, Wildlife Spawners and Time Portal/Weather Stone Locations
Three questions...

Does anyone know what the world event spawners 1-9 actually do in CAW? Should I place them in the world I'm creating?

What determines where and if animals spawn? I'm all for having animals in the country side part of my world but don't want horses in the city and certainly don't want stuff like this happening if it can be avoided.

Thirdly, is there a way to set exactly where the weather stone or time traveling portal spawn?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:13 AM
AFAIK, there's no way of making it so that wildlife can show up in some parts of the world and not in others. Either you can flag your world as a city (in which no wildlife spawns) or leave your world as it is (but then have horses and other wildlife show up randomly, even in the city areas). But who knows, there might be a mod out there. Hopefully, if there is, someone will post it.
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:36 AM
Here's a note about the "world event" spawners: "As far as I know the "World Event Spawners" are associated with Into the Future and they change the landscape/objects on a lot based on whether the world is in "Utopian" or "Dystopian" state." This is the link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/f...p?topic=20031.0.

Unfortunately, there is no way to control where the time portal or Magic Gnome spawns. The time portal seems to spawn on either residential or community lots. The gnome usually spawns on community lots. I believe, if you delete the time portal, it will not re-spawn. However, the Magic Gnome does re-spawn so you just have to keep deleting it until it spawns on a lot where you want it. You can then move it into the desired position on that lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:03 PM
Thanks. From what I've see it looks like small animals have spawners but they do not appear in CAW by default so I'll have to go in and edit them so they do. I should have known about the horses and stuff though since I made mods to spawn more of them or none of them and they're xml files not actual spawners. I'm pretty sure the spawners are probably hard coded so there's no way to actually change what they spawn without a scripting mod which is out of my range of ability. Making a horse/deer/unicorn spawner and a no horse/deer/unicorn mod might have worked. But oh well maybe I can make a mod that focuses on a lot type not used in the world at all and use the line for preferred locations in the xml to set them to hang out around that particular lot type. I'll have to look into it.

So the world event spawners are mainly for future worlds and don't really need to be placed in the present then. Maybe when I finish it I'll place them on a copy of the world just to see what effect if any it has on a world if placed in the present time.

Shame about the weather stone and time portal. Would have been nice to be able to choose where they would spawn. Especially, the weather stone since the world has a little supernatural area and I'm sure it won't spawn there because I want it to. Maybe I can just place it on a lot and see if there's a mod to stop it from spawning at all. Same with the time portal although that might make it unusable since you have to interact with the time traveler before you can use it. Not sure what just placing one on a lot will do. It might become usable after the fact or it might just work from the start. Guess I'll find out when I get to that point.