Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#7501 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 3:01 PM
Hi guys...I currently updated my sims 3 to 1.67 version and now when I press the button to start it says : no game disc found!please insert the sims 3 island paradise game disc before processing.
I have generation and island paradise packs and now I don't know what to do with my game and I don't have my game CD to ((
Help me please
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7502 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaghayeghyz
Hi guys...I currently updated my sims 3 to 1.67 version and now when I press the button to start it says : no game disc found!please insert the sims 3 island paradise game disc before processing.
I have generation and island paradise packs and now I don't know what to do with my game and I don't have my game CD to ((
Help me please

May I ask how you were starting up the game before? Disc installs have always required the most recently released EP/SP disc to be in the drive in order to authenticate the game when it loads up, Patch 1.67 didn't change that.

One way to work around this is to use the NRaas NoCD mod. We don't really provide support for that one anymore, but if it still works for players who need it then that's great.

The other way is to switch to an Origin controlled install and Patch 1.69, delivered by Origin. In that case, Origin performs the authentication instead of the discs. But the game and packs must be registered to the player as the original owner in order for that to work. It's also not what most of us would call the preferred way to go about this if you already have a working disc install in place.
Test Subject
#7503 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I have Awesomemod installed for better blending of genetics for Sims' children. If I use MC to pick 'Override Custom Core Sliders' (which mostly alters it so that the facial tabs immediately go into Advanced mode and slightly change the order each slider is listed in), will this mean that any in-CAS created kids between two sims do not use the Awesomemod genetic blending, but the MC (and/or Nrass SP Advanced Genetic Blending) one?
if you want to have a good genetic blend I must recommmend awesomemod, As long as you don't wan't any kind of SP that has its own agenda then please turn any kind of SP off. If you wnat to control it on your own you don' need any SP. Keep it sinple, and to control the looks of your sims, stay on awesomemod, and use what you need of NRAAS but stay clear of their Story Progresssion, and reduce the load on your game.
Test Subject
#7504 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
May I ask how you were starting up the game before? Disc installs have always required the most recently released EP/SP disc to be in the drive in order to authenticate the game when it loads up, Patch 1.67 didn't change that.

One way to work around this is to use the NRaas NoCD mod. We don't really provide support for that one anymore, but if it still works for players who need it then that's great.

The other way is to switch to an Origin controlled install and Patch 1.69, delivered by Origin. In that case, Origin performs the authentication instead of the discs. But the game and packs must be registered to the player as the original owner in order for that to work. It's also not what most of us would call the preferred way to go about this if you already have a working disc install in place.

Actually when I get the Sims 3 CD and I installed it it didn't need CD to load the game and by the way No CD mod didn't work for me and I don't have origin...can I download origin from anywhere?
Mad Poster
#7505 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 9:24 AM
Actually when I get the Sims 3 CD and I installed it it didn't need CD to load the game and by the way No CD mod didn't work for me and I don't have origin...can I download origin from anywhere?

Honestly, I don't know how you were able to run the game with no CD in the drive if you didn't have the NoCD mod or some other way for the game to authenticate back then. Unless of course you had a less than legitimate version of the game or some kind of hack in place, but then we probably wouldn't be talking about CDs at all and you probably wouldn't have been able to patch it.

Origin is available from EA at Origin.com if you need to go that route.
Scholar
#7506 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler
if you want to have a good genetic blend I must recommmend awesomemod, As long as you don't wan't any kind of SP that has its own agenda then please turn any kind of SP off. If you wnat to control it on your own you don' need any SP. Keep it sinple, and to control the looks of your sims, stay on awesomemod, and use what you need of NRAAS but stay clear of their Story Progresssion, and reduce the load on your game.

Okay... but that's not really what I asked.
I asked if using MasterController to "Override Custome Core Sliders" would override the genetic blending of Awesomemod in CAS. (I know it doesn't outside of CAS)
Mad Poster
#7507 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Okay... but that's not really what I asked.
I asked if using MasterController to "Override Custome Core Sliders" would override the genetic blending of Awesomemod in CAS. (I know it doesn't outside of CAS)

This is a question that could probably be better answered at NRaas. Our developer is a former AwesomeMod user.
Scholar
#7508 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 2:26 PM
When you go to open a file from the main menu, why do some files lose their picture? Does this mean anything in terms of playability?
Top Secret Researcher
#7509 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 3:59 PM
Is signing in working as usual over at NRASS? It's not letting me do so. (Luckily I haven't had a problem lately.)
Scholar
#7510 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 6:52 PM
I use Lemonleaf default skin, though I sometimes use Wild Blue as a default skin. With both (but more with Wild Blue), I notice that the kids in CAS have these weird, blue-ish tinted lips. Freaky. I never noticed this with Kurasoberina's Primer default, I think... I DO have the EA Face Overlay Fix from missy harries here. Is that causing the kids' lips to be blue-ish?
Mad Poster
#7511 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Is signing in working as usual over at NRASS? It's not letting me do so. (Luckily I haven't had a problem lately.)

Business as usual at NRaas. Which means that Wikispaces is as flaky as it ever was, it even went down for maintenance for many hours I think it was last weekend. But most of the time sign-ins are still working fine, we can still process new member requests, help evaluate uploaded script logs, etc. once the member dismisses the sometimes panic inducing "We're going out of business!" warnings that Wikispaces displays for them. The wiki should be up and running through September, unless we choose to pull the plug on it earlier than that, and by then we will have already moved to our new site.

Perhaps try changing your Wikispaces password to see if that helps? Maybe clear the browser cache and cookies or try a different browser, if you require sign-in access?
Top Secret Researcher
#7512 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by SusannaG : 16th Apr 2018 at 4:01 AM.
I think I'll cross that bridge the next time my game borks itself; I might not have to.

ETA: Apparently resetting the password I was already using but it failed to recognize did the trick.
Site Helper
#7513 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
When you go to open a file from the main menu, why do some files lose their picture? Does this mean anything in terms of playability?

If I have saved in Edit Town mode, it tends to lose the picture because the current family was not active. (Or because there never was a current family because I was only building in that world and never created any sims for it...) I also seem to remember having the picture vanish when I saved while my only sim was in a rabbithole at work.

As long as the entire family is intact when you load it to play, it's not something I've ever worried about.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#7514 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
ETA: Apparently resetting the password I was already using but it failed to recognize did the trick.

That happened to me about two months ago, and it's not the first time- I usually just chalk it up to wikispaces being a pain in the butt, lol.
Scholar
#7515 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 3:27 PM
I know that the number of packages in your Mods folder is a bigger impact on how long the game takes to load, rather than how big each package is...
I took my various merged clothes packages (Children Clothes, Maternity Wear, etc) and merged those into one package itself. Does that still count as 'one' merged package or does the game realize it's several packages merged into one, which then got merged again?
Site Helper
#7516 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 7:12 PM
If it's in your folder as a single package, the game will see it as a single package with a lot of data in it. (But remember, the size of the file does eventually get to be an issue.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7517 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
My Sim rolled the wish to "Be In A Fire". Are there any other scenarios that will fulfill this wish other than setting your house on fire with a fireplace or stove?
I already, just, tried inventing but that didn't work; he caught on fire, was rather happy about it (Pyromaniac and Daredevil traits) but the wish remained unfulfilled.
Quest "Be In A Fire" part 3: After my last Sim couldn't get this wish fulfilled while inventing and setting things on fire as a pyromaniac my current Sim, who happens to be a Daredevil and Pyromaniac too, added another one to the list of failures. In the Showtime singer profession there is always a chance to catch fire while performing the "You Are Special" Sing-O-Gram. While extremely risky, because you will always perform this job off-lot and a shower might nowhere be near to put yourself out, it still doesn't meet the requirements for fulfilling the wish.

Next on my list are now:
Spicy food
Overheating in the sun
Fire Blast from a witch

This wish really seems to be overly specific for such a small reward.
#7518 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 8:07 AM
Hm, I think I can give you some rough numbers. With only Autumn Salad and/or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches (i.e.. no stove involved) your Sim can reach level 10 in Cooking somewhere between the first challenge (50 meals) and the second one (75 meals).
My current Sim who was forced to live like that reached level 10 some time around his 60th meal. He may have accidentally watched the cooking channel a few times, though.
But in any case, he has maxed the skill a few days ago and is still a couple of meals away from the 75 meals challenge.

Another thing that factors in is that any dish you cook on Store items (baker oven, pizza oven, the harakiri grill (or whatever it's called) will not count as a cooked meal in the skill journal but will raise the skill nevertheless.
Another response to tunafishfish's question:
My current Sim was around level 8 when he reached the 50 meals cooked challenge and was level 10 after his 74th meal. This time he never read a cooking book or watched any cooking channel but completed an opportunity that got him one level for free after level 8. He was using the stove and mainly made waffles because, for some reason, he started the game with more than 50 eggs in the fridge.
It took some 10 weeks to get there, with two meals a day.
Site Helper
#7519 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 1:52 PM
Quest "Be In A Fire" part 3: After my last Sim couldn't get this wish fulfilled while inventing and setting things on fire as a pyromaniac my current Sim, who happens to be a Daredevil and Pyromaniac too, added another one to the list of failures. In the Showtime singer profession there is always a chance to catch fire while performing the "You Are Special" Sing-O-Gram. While extremely risky, because you will always perform this job off-lot and a shower might nowhere be near to put yourself out, it still doesn't meet the requirements for fulfilling the wish.

Next on my list are now:
Spicy food
Overheating in the sun
Fire Blast from a witch

This wish really seems to be overly specific for such a small reward.

What about going to a community lot with a BBQ, setting some hot dogs to grill and then leaving them to burn, standing next to the fire, and letting it spread to you? (Assuming that none of the local bystanders have been trained out of the "Fire Dance" yet...) I think you can still get fires on an unowned community lot?

Scholar
#7521 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 1:32 PM
Might it be related to the firefighter profession?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#7522 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:13 PM
Honestly, I don't know how you were able to run the game with no CD in the drive if you didn't have the NoCD mod or some other way for the game to authenticate back then. Unless of course you had a less than legitimate version of the game or some kind of hack in place, but then we probably wouldn't be talking about CDs at all and you probably wouldn't have been able to patch it.

Origin is available from EA at Origin.com if you need to go that route.

hi I downloaded the origin and my sims 3 can't be connected to...while it is up to date and everything is ok...Itried to get the sims 3 but I couldn't buy cause I'm in Iran I tried to download but it wasn't possible too cause I didn't had my redeem code I'm just getting mad and I only want my game back...please tell me if it is another way...what if I buy into the future pack and install?will this work?
please help I'm so tired
Mad Poster
#7523 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 6:32 PM Last edited by igazor : 21st Apr 2018 at 12:07 AM.
hi I downloaded the origin and my sims 3 can't be connected to...while it is up to date and everything is ok...Itried to get the sims 3 but I couldn't buy cause I'm in Iran I tried to download but it wasn't possible too cause I didn't had my redeem code I'm just getting mad and I only want my game back...please tell me if it is another way...what if I buy into the future pack and install?will this work?
please help I'm so tired

There really isn't much we can do that EA Customer Support can't. Have you tried contacting them? But if you do not have your install CDs and you do not have your codes, then you likely have no way to prove to EA that you own the rights to run the base game and those two packs unless you have some other proof of purchase, depending on how you acquired them.

Yes, you could purchase an ITF disc if those are available to you -- in many places the discs are very difficult to find now as they went out of print ages ago. That should work as ITF will then be the disc that needs to be in the drive to authenticate instead of IP. But if your hard drive goes bad and needs to be reformatted or replaced and/or you get a new computer, then you won't have any way to install the base game and other packs again.

Another possibility is to repurchase the base game and the packs you want by way of Steam, if Steam is available in your country. Then you would have no discs or codes to worry about. It's more affordable during the 70-85% off sales that Steam has a few times a year. Likely the next one will be in June, if that's any help. I repurchased the entire game with all SP/EPs that way last year in order to get away from Origin and for me it was less than $100 total (USD).

Edit: The above assumes you are running Windows. Just realized that we never asked, but the Mac version of the game is handled differently and is not carried by Steam, in case that is relevant.
#7524 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Might it be related to the firefighter profession?
It's a trait-specific wish for Daredevil Sims from the base game; the description mentions to either leave a fireplace on or cook on a cheap stove, i.e. start a regular house fire.
My quest is whether there are other things, especially from later EPs, that might fulfill this wish. My suspicion is now that it is not necessary to be on fire but merely be present while there is a fire.
It is good that my test Sims are pyromaniacs, btw, because they have burned so often now that it is still a surprise that they haven't turned into ashes yet. But pyromaniacs don't panic when they burn and actually enjoy it, so there is some more time left to extinguish them.

Daredevil Sims roll strange wishes quite often, sometimes wishes related to skills that they do not have or unique wishes for which it is not entirely clear what actions they require.
Test Subject
#7525 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 12:48 PM
There really isn't much we can do that EA Customer Support can't. Have you tried contacting them? But if you do not have your install CDs and you do not have your codes, then you likely have no way to prove to EA that you own the rights to run the base game and those two packs unless you have some other proof of purchase, depending on how you acquired them.

Yes, you could purchase an ITF disc if those are available to you -- in many places the discs are very difficult to find now as they went out of print ages ago. That should work as ITF will then be the disc that needs to be in the drive to authenticate instead of IP. But if your hard drive goes bad and needs to be reformatted or replaced and/or you get a new computer, then you won't have any way to install the base game and other packs again.

Another possibility is to repurchase the base game and the packs you want by way of Steam, if Steam is available in your country. Then you would have no discs or codes to worry about. It's more affordable during the 70-85% off sales that Steam has a few times a year. Likely the next one will be in June, if that's any help. I repurchased the entire game with all SP/EPs that way last year in order to get away from Origin and for me it was less than $100 total (USD).

Edit: The above assumes you are running Windows. Just realized that we never asked, but the Mac version of the game is handled differently and is not carried by Steam, in case that is relevant.

thank you so much I hope it works and I finde ITF too....cause in our country I can't find the sim easily...and because of some problems I can't buy anything from USA too
Page 301 of 385