Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:47 PM
Hey guys!

I have some good news! Turns out that I forgot that I placed the world file into the network of my brother's computer so he could test it a few weeks ago! It's an older version of the town, but I'm willing to do most of it over again.

So this project is now back it progress.
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#77 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:18 PM
kiwi_tea likes this.

Ah. Facebook. You officially rule my life.

Definitely glad, and looking forward to seeing progress again! Congrats FP!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:24 PM
Haha, thank you kiwi tea!

And congratulations on your feature of your wonderful Kingdom of Niua Simoa! You did an outstanding job on it! I hope my world will become as great as yours did.
Test Subject
#79 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:25 PM
Great to hear
Instructor
#80 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:54 PM
Thank goodness for brothers! Now I can look forward to playing this map! If I can be of any help let me know.
Scholar
#81 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:51 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!
*shoots fireworks and dances horribly
can't wait!

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:52 PM
Yay!! I am happy. Glad you found an extra copy!
Field Researcher
#83 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:10 PM
/cheer

thank the gods of sim! I was so inspired by your work fp. now my dreams of one day having your AMAZING GTA:Vice city conversion/adaption! this is a good day for sims everywhere.

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Forum Resident
#84 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 10:23 PM
***IS ALIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

I cannot wait for the next update!

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Field Researcher
#85 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 10:35 PM
Woop Woop!!!! Yey!!!

~ Nyn ~
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:16 PM
Thank you so much guys

I think I finished everything that I did with the other Vice City, so I moved on to some new things. Right now I'm working on Leaf Links, which is a series of islands as a golf course.

Here's a golfing range that is in Vice City, where I believe it's there so you can hit golf balls into the ocean.

Here's an overview to the Leaf Links islands.

Here's an random picture that I thought was cool, it's a display at a furniture store.

And here's a random house near the edge of the water:
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:23 PM
FANTASTIC... Im so glad you're back

Flawless & Perfect
Divoply's Creations are here to stay
Wiki Wizard
#88 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 12:41 AM
OMG YAY!!! this is so awesome, i am thrilled it is back in progress, that house is so simple yet detailed and effective, i also love the golf course idea if you want any hand doing some lots give me a buzz, i seem to have a lot of free time atm

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Murf : 30th Jan 2010 at 2:14 AM.
Hey, I was bored and messin about with PNG images and logo's and managed to create a logo for this world that you could use if you want to.
You can get it without the black backround at Mediafire here http://www.mediafire.com/i/?mnjqdemzmmi
The Link may break soon like the last one did and will eventually.
Test Subject
#90 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 1:50 AM
nice logo

Flawless & Perfect
Forum Resident
#91 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:54 AM Last edited by I'mSimalicious! : 30th Jan 2010 at 3:13 AM.
It looks great, FP!

What are you planning on focusing on next? I think this was my last suggestion.

And maybe you should start working on Vice Point? That seems like fun to build. From wikipedia:

Quote:
Vice Point

Vice Point is a more middle class and residential area of Vice Beach, covering the remaining areas of the island at the north, and consisting of larger apartment buildings and hotels aligned along the shore as well as medium sized homes and smaller apartment complexes inland. This set-up resembles the rows of developments along Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, as well as the residential set-up of that city.

The North Point Mall (known as Vice Point Mall in GTA:VCS), a large mall located in the north end of Vice Point and accessible by the player, is a parody of Miami's Aventura Mall. Its location in the northeastern most point of the east island is similar to Aventura Mall's location in the extreme northeastern most point of the Miami Metro Area. The mall's layout, though much smaller, also resembles that of Aventura Mall. The mall, among others, contains a few eateries, as well as two weapons stores and a clothing pickup.

The Malibu Club is situated on southern Vice Point. A police department is also located further north, as is another hospital.

Be aware that there's also a section between Vice Point and Ocean Beach. This has like everything you need to know about Vice Beach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_City#Vice_Beach

Did you ever add the other guardrail? Also, you still need better sloping to sea level.

And nice logo. Something seems off with the colors though.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:35 AM
Thanks again guys!

I really appreciate your logo Murf, it means a lot to me, but I've already made a logo myself. That was a very kind offer though, and I thank you for it!

This is the logo I made:

Chris, I plan on doing some more residential lots and then I will be moving onto Vice Point, which is the last area of the first island.
Forum Resident
#93 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:53 AM
Great!

Can't wait for more updates!

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Test Subject
#94 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 7:58 AM
I was following your project at TheSims3.com. I'm happy to hear that your world is coming back!

I found your post here because Murf added the link in the forums of thesims3.com

I'm here to support your amazing work and thanks to you I got inspiration to create a famous real life city. It's going to take longer to finish but I learned that each world needs to be created with dedication in order to get a great result.

One of your fans is here to support your project with comments. Have a nice weekend!

Gerardo.
Wiki Wizard
#95 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 9:56 AM
Oh epic logo!! that looks SO professional, you are like a photoshop wizard, lol :P

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 10:24 AM
No problem. Can't wait for this project to be complete and available for download.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 11:24 AM
You are king FP, you are like Tommy Vercetti, just more cooler

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Test Subject
#98 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 10:53 PM
Brilliant project FC

I'll definatly be ditching my current "hometown" and moving to Vice City when available
Forum Resident
#99 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:47 AM Last edited by I'mSimalicious! : 31st Jan 2010 at 5:06 AM.
Happy 100th Post!

You officially have 100 (and one ) posts! Woo hoo! So, I thought I might try to celebrate the occasion by joining the logo bandwagon. Since I am very big into designing, I just couldn't help myself! So without further ado...

Oh, wait. First, let's see the two concepts that I fused together:

And I present to you...

It comes in 4 color schemes, Black/Green, Blue/Platinum, Blue/Green (like the original Sims 3 color scheme), and Black/Platinum (like the GTA color scheme). Personally, I think the Black/Platinum is most representative of a mix of GTA and TS3.

Here the colors are, from best to least, in my opinion.

The 9 empty white spaces on the front and the 6 on the back are just placeholders for pictures of the world.

Oh, and if you notice, I completely remade your avatar. Not because I didn't like it, but when I enlarged your tiny avatar onto the monstrous canvas (the size of an actual DVD cover), it was blurred to the point of illegibility. I hope i gave it justice! :P

And if you're wondering, here's the customized System Requirements section (which is based off of the one on the back of the Sims 3). See if you can spot 3(4) references to you in the barcode.
Haha, I had fun making this in Photoshop.

I also happened to find this site that you may find useful.

Screenshots
http://gtaxtreme.com/media/gta_vice_city/

Characters
http://gtaxtreme.com/content/gta_vi.../characters.php

Gangs
http://gtaxtreme.com/content/gta_vice_city/gangs.php

Vehicles
http://gtaxtreme.com/content/gta_vice_city/vehicles.php

Artwork (Character Closeups)
http://gtaxtreme.com/content/gta_vice_city/artwork.php

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Test Subject
#100 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:05 AM
This is so cool, you are so talented....

Flawless & Perfect
Locked thread
Page 4 of 30