Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 12:39 AM
Default How do I move all my saves to a new hard drive?
I had my game on OneDrive when they changed from 15GB of free space to 5GB of free space I had to move a lot of my CC off OneDrive to C drive. this took the game from 6GB to 4GB but as time went on families grew and so did the save file. back to 5GB. I can't take off any more CC or delete any more neighborhoods. I cant even spare to drop any families or buildings.

I tried to cut and paste the EA Games folder from OneDrive to C drive. this freed up the space and removed the EA games folder from OneDrive but as soon as I click on the icon to run my game ( everything is a download off origin) that Icon tells the computer "make a new empty EA Games folder on OneDrive" it does NOT say "oh the EA Games folder is on C drive now, lets read that"

I was afraid of this happening I can start a new game even replace my CC but I have to restart the families and neighborhoods. I want clicking on the game's icon to run the game off of and place the save files and save folders on C Drive not OneDrive. how do I tell it I have files and saves and stuff on a new location and want all defaults to go to the other drive? It wasn't fair at all that to begin with the sims3 and all programs I install default to OneDrive. I can't get any thing on my C drive. everything just wants to run on my OneDrive.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 2:28 AM
Do you have other, non-sims stuff that absolutely needs to be on OneDrive? If not, why not try deactivating OneDrive completely (right click on its icon in the tray next to the clock or wherever it shows up down there) and see if the game finds your Documents folder on C.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Do you have other, non-sims stuff that absolutely needs to be on OneDrive? If not, why not try deactivating OneDrive completely (right click on its icon in the tray next to the clock or wherever it shows up down there) and see if the game finds your Documents folder on C.

I have no clue how to do that. any other ideas? also MOST of the game is downloads the base gme was installed on a disc.

not sure if that matters.

I just need to fully change the drive the games on.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:30 PM
I hadn't responded yet because I don't have Win 10, was hoping someone who does would. But I really thought it was as simple as right-clicking on OneDrive's icon in the system tray/notification area (should look like a cloud icon) and deselecting everything to deactivate it.
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 11:49 PM
I think since the OP has already made some saves in OneDrive, deactivating OneDrive after it's been used will break the saved games, I never use OneDrive since the 1st time migrating to Win 10, so I'd assume the OP have to backup the whole TS3 Docs folder from OneDrive to the HDD manually before navigating TS3 to go back to local HDD for its documents, and then when it's done, disable OneDrive and restart Win 10.

Then launch TS3 after restarting Win 10, TS3 should regenerate the whole new TS3 Documents folder, then just exit TS3 from TS3 main menu, put everything back in from the backup.. DeviceConfig, Option.ini, etc.. set the FPS limiter again before starting TS3.

Note: If that doesn't work, then the OP have to reconfigure where Win 10 should make the Documents folder location like it was originally before starting using OneDrive, and just place the TS3 Docs folder from backup into the new location..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
I think since the OP has already made some saves in OneDrive, deactivating OneDrive after it's been used will break the saved games, I never use OneDrive since the 1st time migrating to Win 10, so I'd assume the OP have to backup the whole TS3 Docs folder from OneDrive to the HDD manually before navigating TS3 to go back to local HDD for its documents, and then when it's done, disable OneDrive and restart Win 10.

Then launch TS3 after restarting Win 10, TS3 should regenerate the whole new TS3 Documents folder, then just exit TS3 from TS3 main menu, put everything back in from the backup.. DeviceConfig, Option.ini, etc.. set the FPS limiter again before starting TS3.

Note: If that doesn't work, then the OP have to reconfigure where Win 10 should make the Documents folder location like it was originally before starting using OneDrive, and just place the TS3 Docs folder from backup into the new location..

I have no clue what you said, or how to do it without photos or a video.
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaykeyser
I have no clue what you said, or how to do it without photos or a video.

That is the thing why I said I was assuming, because I never use OneDrive although I have Win 10, I deactivated it immediately as soon as my new Win 10 installation was completed, even before activating my Win 10, so nothing goes to OneDrive for me, therefore I can't provide you with pictures or videos because I also never see what OneDrive is look like..

So I was assuming if OneDrive is like when you click or open your local documents folder from your Windows start menu, where you can see all of your personal documents in there, then if that is what OneDrive is look like, then just copy the whole TS3 folder from OneDrive and paste it to your local hard drive before you deactivate your OneDrive, because once you deactivated OneDrive, any links to your files or documents located in OneDrive will be broken..

So basically it's just copying from OneDrive to your local hard drive, cut the connection to OneDrive by deactivating it, restart your computer, launch TS3, exit TS3 at the main menu, go to your Documents folder, check if there's a new TS3 Documents folder in there (that TS3 has regenerated for you), and just copy your TS3 documents' contents that you backup earlier to your new TS3 documents folder and you're done..

But if there's no new TS3 Documents folder in there (that TS3 should have regenerated for you after you launched TS3), then this is where you need to reconfigure your Documents folder originally by Windows default, I'll explain this step later so it won't confused you, this step will not be necessary if TS3 has successfully regenerated a new TS3 documents folder for you in the Documents folder after you launched TS3 with OneDrive deactivated.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 1:59 AM
@kaykeyser

I don't use One Drive either, but I took some screenshots that might help.

I hope that works, and that I did it right!