Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#826 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 11:29 PM
Thank you for the update!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#827 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:58 PM Last edited by Sunrise89 : 15th Jun 2016 at 10:11 PM.
i update game but it still gives the same error!!

(only BOTTOM)
Test Subject
#828 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 6:27 AM
hi i have a problem when i regroup two clothe top and bottom and install it in the game i ve strange line on the border of my sims ....before the new patch i used to regroup top and btm with no glitch now i have it everytime
is it a problm that could be fixed or do i do something wrong?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#829 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrise89
i update game but it still gives the same error!!

(only BOTTOM)

Did you get the new version of CASTools? Do you mean the error reading the opposite gender part? Please post a new screen grab.

Quote: Originally posted by AHARON1981
hi i have a problem when i regroup two clothe top and bottom and install it in the game i ve strange line on the border of my sims ....before the new patch i used to regroup top and btm with no glitch now i have it everytime
is it a problm that could be fixed or do i do something wrong?

Please describe exactly what you did step by step, and post a picture of the strange line.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#830 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 10:26 AM Last edited by Sunrise89 : 16th Jun 2016 at 10:41 AM.
yes, i downloaded last version but gives an error, selected bottom...
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#831 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 8:25 PM
Sorry, didn't test properly. Revised version uploaded.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#832 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 12:12 AM
Hi! Testing the new update.
Is the ability to copy UV_1 from other mesh already avalaible?
I checked the box UV Morph Data when I did the auto conversion, but it just created the UV_1 but there's nothing there, so didn't do body morphs in CAS
For now I'm using Blender to copy uv_1 from an original mesh
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#833 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 3:33 AM
Not yet but I'm working on it. These versions are interim and show some features that aren't working yet.

Test Subject
#834 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 2:20 PM
Hi, I updated and for some reason I cant export the 2nd LOD when I click on meshpaint>ts3.
Test Subject
#835 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 3:02 PM
Hello! Do we still have the ability to add a custom name & description to CAS items? I know it was introduced in V0.6.0.0 but I can't seem to find it in the latest versions. Not a big deal, just curious.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#836 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amarathinee
Hello! Do we still have the ability to add a custom name & description to CAS items? I know it was introduced in V0.6.0.0 but I can't seem to find it in the latest versions. Not a big deal, just curious.

That was a while ago - the game stopped actually showing the customized information so I dropped it. If it starts supporting that feature again I can put it back.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#837 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kcmagiclol89
Hi, I updated and for some reason I cant export the 2nd LOD when I click on meshpaint>ts3.

I'm not seeing that problem. Could you upload your package? Maybe there's something strange in that particular mesh.

Test Subject
#838 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm not seeing that problem. Could you upload your package? Maybe there's something strange in that particular mesh.

I cloned an EA mesh. I'm trying to convert ts3 clothes, but I need the LOD 2 from the base game item.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#839 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kcmagiclol89
I cloned an EA mesh. I'm trying to convert ts3 clothes, but I need the LOD 2 from the base game item.

Since I'm not getting the problem myself I still need to have the package, or at least tell me which base game item you cloned. The complete text of the error you're getting might also be helpful.

Test Subject
#840 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 10:49 PM
Since I'm not getting the problem myself I still need to have the package, or at least tell me which base game item you cloned. The complete text of the error you're getting might also be helpful.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of array.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Xmods.DataLib.GEOM.SlotrayIntersection..ctor(SlotrayIntersection faceAdjustment)
at Xmods.DataLib.GEOM..ctor(GEOM sourceMesh)
at XMODS.Form1.ConvertS4toS3(GEOM S4geom)
at XMODS.Form1.PackageMesh_dataGridView_CellClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
S4CASTools
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
Test Subject
#841 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 10:49 PM
Btw I cloned the female camisole
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#842 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 11:38 PM
Ah - I guess when I tested I picked a mesh not affected by this. I happened to have just found this error and corrected it, and am about to upload the correction. Sorry!

Test Subject
#843 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 1:00 AM
Ah - I guess when I tested I picked a mesh not affected by this. I happened to have just found this error and corrected it, and am about to upload the correction. Sorry!

Thank you <3
Test Subject
#844 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 6:16 PM
Hello Cmar!
First of all, thank you for S4CASTools.

I have problem while combine two meshes. I made it with 1.4.0.4. But 1.4.0.3 have same problem.
I exported top and bottom meshes. And I combined them with ''Geom Combination'' tool in mesh tools menu. And then I imported them to my file. I added a picture for result.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#845 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 3:31 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 22nd Jun 2016 at 5:41 PM.
Unfortunately the various mesh conversions still have to be tested and updated for the new mesh format. I see what the problem is and it'll be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile, you can try the "UV Stitch Fixer" and the "Seam Stitch Fixer" buttons in the Clone Package Editor / Mesh Manager tab. That should fix the seam splitting you're seeing, but there will be another part of the data missing which could cause odd placement of the arms. But that doesn't seem to be happening in your screengrab.

Edit: Oops, I haven't implemented the UV seam stitch yet. Soon.

Test Subject
#846 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 4:47 AM
Hi, I've a question!
I've created an outfit and everything is right, the joints, the UV_1, the seams, everything it's okay and it works with all the morphs, but I don't know why when I move the slider to make the sim fat, the arms still keep crossing the body, just like the image below

Am I missing something?
Thank you
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#847 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoFuxx
Hi, I've a question!
I've created an outfit and everything is right, the joints, the UV_1, the seams, everything it's okay and it works with all the morphs, but I don't know why when I move the slider to make the sim fat, the arms still keep crossing the body, just like the image below

Am I missing something?
Thank you

There's a part of the data that affects arm placement and it might be missing from the bottom I guess, especially since as I mentioned just above my mesh conversions aren't yet handling the new GEOM version correctly. Could you upload your package? One of the things I'm working on is auto-generating that data and this might be a good test case.

Test Subject
#848 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 9:39 PM
There's a part of the data that affects arm placement and it might be missing from the bottom I guess, especially since as I mentioned just above my mesh conversions aren't yet handling the new GEOM version correctly. Could you upload your package? One of the things I'm working on is auto-generating that data and this might be a good test case.

Sure!
Here
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Outfit.zip (805.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#849 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 10:45 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 24th Jun 2016 at 12:24 AM.
@FoFuxx - I was able to improve it to the standard arm offset, but it still clips a bit. Package attached. I'm going to experiment to see if there's a way to adjust the arm positioning.

@ekinege - The seam splitting should be easy to fix in the new version but I need another day or so to test, so I hopefully don't upload another version that's full of bugs. If you want to upload the package I can test on it.

Edit: Have made progress on adjusting the arm offsets.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Paparazzi_Outfit_armfix.zip (809.3 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#850 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 7:27 PM
@FoFuxx - I was able to improve it to the standard arm offset, but it still clips a bit. Package attached. I'm going to experiment to see if there's a way to adjust the arm positioning.

@ekinege - The seam splitting should be easy to fix in the new version but I need another day or so to test, so I hopefully don't upload another version that's full of bugs. If you want to upload the package I can test on it.

Edit: Have made progress on adjusting the arm offsets.

It's great, thank you!
But how did you do? Are you going to put something in the Tool?
Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 34 of 36