Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5976 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 5:49 PM
I discovered that I have a few too many screenshots of random Sims' behinds...

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Theorist
#5977 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I couldn't get it to work after the first attempt
It should light green for the piece of terrain selected that is available to be morphed. It will light up red if you selected an area too close to the road or a lot, and I don't think anywhere else. Hood deco sometimes gets deleted, sometimes does not. It's an experimental cheat, anyway.
Inventor
#5978 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
It should light green for the piece of terrain selected that is available to be morphed. It will light up red if you selected an area too close to the road or a lot, and I don't think anywhere else. Hood deco sometimes gets deleted, sometimes does not. It's an experimental cheat, anyway.

I know about the green box, but it never did show up. It's the strangest thing though, it works but the green box never appeared. I've had this happened to the ground terrain paint tool or whatever it's called, the circle vanishes sometimes but I can still put down ground covering. This happened on my laptop too, but not all the time. I guess it's a glitch.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#5979 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It's under Misc > Change Appearance > Name of Pet, I believe. The pet can select it too so you don't have to wait for someone to become free.

Another discovery: If someone falls asleep when doing homework (it's a mod), the person helping them doesn't notice:

Same thing happens if someone falls asleep when eating a meal at a table. The sims(s) keep talking to them like nothing happened.
Scholar
#5980 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
For those who use Monique's computer and also the 'banking' option to save money:
Every other day at 6 am, the amount of interest is displayed.
This works both on the home lot and the community lot if a pixel happens to be there. It also makes it a 'double-dipper' for that amount.
For example, I had Alec Shaw go to the Meeting house before 6 am (because he goes to work at 7) to preach a sermon. At 6 the bank interest posted on screen not only for him but for a visitor to the lot who also had a bank account.
Then he went home to get ready for work (after having earned money doing the sermon and a charisma point as well) and the bank interest again displayed on screen-because he arrived home just before 6 am. (I am not using Community Time, by the way..).
So he gained interest twice! I'd call that compound interest!

It also happens if the Sim is on another residential lot. Cassandra Goth got an extra interest payment because she was kicking over Don Lothario's garbage at just the right moment. Revenge was extra sweet that day!
Alchemist
#5981 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM
OMG, Moo's GridAduster. I've seen it for years, but never took the time to figure it out before. I wanted to cry. I made a perfect no-slope basement in a few minutes! To think of the awful, sloped, unreachable. basements I've been trying to play. Wow! http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments I've been wanting to make tiny little businesses but I want all the need fulfilling stuff out of the way out of sight. This is perfect.
Mad Poster
#5982 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:53 AM
Sims can autonomously crash parties. Claire Voyante invited over some local politicians for a fundrai--ahem, gathering to try to get them to loosen the pursestrings a bit. She'd set out a plate of Exnem's enchiladas. Suddenly, Penny Weiss (who was not invited to the party) walked in and, without another word, grabbed some enchiladas. She ate them and then immediately left.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5983 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 2:33 AM
I've found that if a party is called when there's a walkby, the walkby considers herself invited.

However, this is Penny, who always assumes she's invited anyway, and will often be found cheerfully banging away at her neighbors' pianos in the middle of the night. Those 10 outgoing points don't notice closed doors.

Monique's banking system presumably used the Fortune investment perk as the basis for its interest mechanic, as it also produces a dividend at a particular time, regardless of how many times a day that time recurs.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#5984 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:25 AM
I noticed that if two sims have handheld games in their inventory, they can play together!

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Mad Poster
#5985 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:52 AM
Instructor
#5986 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:16 AM
I discovered that any Maxis lot, occupied or not, has Sim references which have to be cleaned first.
Forum Resident
#5987 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 4:04 PM
If you make a pond, then click undo, it wipes out all the terrain paint on that area.

This was a good thing- I was trying to get it back to normal to blend with the surrounding hood terrain, so I was able to just cover the lot with a pond.
Field Researcher
#5988 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
If you make a pond, then click undo, it wipes out all the terrain paint on that area.

This was a good thing- I was trying to get it back to normal to blend with the surrounding hood terrain, so I was able to just cover the lot with a pond.

Hold the right click-button and use the terrain paint does the same thing.
Mad Poster
#5989 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:57 PM
Or hold down ctrl, just like you would with a floor.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#5990 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I discovered that any Maxis lot, occupied or not, has Sim references which have to be cleaned first.
This also includes the CAS and young adult CAS lots, found in game data \TSData\Res\GlobalLots. Sucks.
Mad Poster
#5991 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM
We don't actually know that these references hurt anything, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5992 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 6:03 PM
I'm going to assume that everyone knows that the Sims series was based on Abraham Maslow's theory of self-actualization.

Today, while browsing I came across this article that discusses it and why some do not think it's actually or totally accurate. I found it educational:

Understanding Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5993 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM
The "Water's Flow" painting worth $300 also functions as a light. It has a cute little animation too when the light is switched on.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#5994 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm going to assume that everyone knows that the Sims series was based on Abraham Maslow's theory of self-actualization.

Today, while browsing I came across this article that discusses it and why some do not think it's actually or totally accurate. I found it educational:

Understanding Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization

Yes, we are talking about this here. Very interesting reading. There also says that Sims 2 describes all levels of the hierarchy in contrast to other games.
Mad Poster
#5995 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
The "Water's Flow" painting worth $300 also functions as a light. It has a cute little animation too when the light is switched on.

My grandmother used to have an animated light similar to that. Those animated lamps were popular at one time. Most of the old ones seem to be round, but I have seen flat ones like the one in the game.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ih=752&dpr=1.25
Mad Poster
#5996 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
We don't actually know that these references hurt anything, though.

I thought we had confirmed that, back when Jawusa found how to clean them. Bad memory these days so not totally sure, but like 85% sure.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#5997 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:48 AM
I learned some new things this weekend, and I'm so happy with this result.

I learned about all the OMSPs from SilentLucidity (oops, who hit the lamp post?). I figured out how to change the model used for favorite mods I use constantly while playing (community trashcan is actually InSim's selector, Sim Crossing sign is VC, and wrecked lampost is BOs Need Freak, all up front where I need them). And, through the helpful simmers in WCIF, I found some awesome decorative skates so my version of Rollers! can finally have a skate rental (through the window). A weekend well spent!
Field Researcher
#5998 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:48 AM
Well, I discovered something while NOT playing: distance definitely makes the heart grow fonder.

56 days and counting, folks! I do not know how much more I can endure! Please, help! Send me a new computer! I miss my game with all my being!
Alchemist
#5999 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 20th Jun 2018 at 3:52 AM.
Default Exploring GA for the first time
Am I the last simmer to figure out how to use GridAdjuster?! Wow, I'm just loving it, no more sloped or doubled walls. I love tiny lots. Now my single sims can have a tiny apt and a tiny business all on the same tiny lot.

Three photos showing just a quick throw together play test of GA's basement for a tiny footprint on a tiny lot.
Mad Poster
#6000 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:01 PM
Is that a cloned Rod Humble?

Page 240 of 441