Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Sneak Preview of Project CRUMB - posted on 21st May 2017 at 7:32 PM
Replies: 932 (Who?), Viewed: 86758 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 38 of 38
Scholar
#926 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Downscaling has worked nicely so far. The hall is still really big. I mean what a useless feature? My biggest problem was the the many floors, they are too many and I'm not sure if running it with more floors than what is above ground, would crash in most games. At the moment I'm working on meshing actually. It's so much easier in a program called MD. All the times I've have to give that up because of the lack of progress for my blog.

... oh yes, I can see Jacobean animalprints in so many houses. They were so close


I think the purpose of the Hall is more a statement of wealth or a compensation for something.
I'd still be horrified at the prospect of furnishing all those rooms...

Right now I'm picturing King James 1st (6th of Scotland) in leopard print attire. It's a rather fabulous thought.
dodgy builder
#927 Old 2nd May 2017 at 5:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus' Mind
I think the purpose of the Hall is more a statement of wealth or a compensation for something.
I'd still be horrified at the prospect of furnishing all those rooms...

Right now I'm picturing King James 1st (6th of Scotland) in leopard print attire. It's a rather fabulous thought.


Haha, that would be fab!

Perhaps I should post my layout if I can find a picture somewhere ...



This is the main floor and there is a few rooms, but I didn't want to fit it all there. I downscaled quite a bit, but the space needs to be usable as well.



I also hate that lot, the fact that it hasn't got sunlight from the best side of the lot. I was wondering about turning the house around, but I'm not entirely sure where the light comes in the evening. I think I may have read about it though, the sun being on the wrong side.

@cutsocks That blueish shop or whatever picture in your last post, reminds me so much of the shop of a painter. I might have mentioned it before, but whatever. I like it. The blue and orange contrast is very good, you should take well care of that.
Screenshots
Scholar
#928 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:59 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 18th May 2017 at 5:33 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Perhaps I should post my layout if I can find a picture somewhere ...

I also hate that lot, the fact that it hasn't got sunlight from the best side of the lot. I was wondering about turning the house around, but I'm not entirely sure where the light comes in the evening. I think I may have read about it though, the sun being on the wrong side.

The layout seems remarkably practical given the context of the house.

It's certainly frustrating when the game doesn't cooperate with the lighting.

You'll be pleased to know that I've swapped out some of the windows on one of my modern houses and am now experimenting with bringing the back windows right down to the ground, although the later is proving difficult with the CFE staircase...



Seeing how everyone else seems to be building big, I figured I'd give it a go with a Danvers State Hospital-meets-Stonehearst Assylum-inspired lot. I'm thinking the concept behind it will be that it was built as a hotel but later converted to an asylum for the wealthy before being opened to the general populous and thus extended further to cope with the demand. The only troubles are that it's much bigger than I'm used to so the layout is proving tricky and I'm also in two minds about whether to make it derelict or not.

Theorist
#929 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:57 PM
The structure looks nice and gives off a good asylum vibe. Will it become a typical 'haunted' asylum or a normal one?

Also I just bought SN, looking forward to use the new build items for more historical accuracy.

Out of fucks. Please try again soon.
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Scholar
#930 Old 18th May 2017 at 5:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
The structure looks nice and gives off a good asylum vibe. Will it become a typical 'haunted' asylum or a normal one?

I'm not sure yet. I had grand designs in terms of dereliction and decay including having most of the upper floors inaccessible due to the floors having given way whilst leaving certain wall-mounted objects still in place. But the constraints of the game are already putting dampeners on those ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Also I just bought SN, looking forward to use the new build items for more historical accuracy.

Welcome to the fold!
Theorist
#931 Old 19th May 2017 at 2:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus' Mind
I'm not sure yet. I had grand designs in terms of dereliction and decay including having most of the upper floors inaccessible due to the floors having given way whilst leaving certain wall-mounted objects still in place. But the constraints of the game are already putting dampeners on those ideas.

Welcome to the fold!


Thanks
With a little CFE and MoveObjects it should be easily done, at least in my mind.

Out of fucks. Please try again soon.
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Test Subject
#932 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:16 PM
Who has a Youtube channel here
dodgy builder
#933 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 28th May 2017 at 10:41 PM.
I sit way too much infront of this computer. When I have finished my post tomorrow, I should do something else.

I have been struggling with murals and walls, specular maps and normal/bump maps.

The Interior below has a bit too much shine, I will have to fix that later in the week.



The Pompeii murals below has given me a ton of work. Filters, masks etc *puch*, I put it on the same marble base and made it a mural and what a horrible shine! It should be easily fixed, it's just a lot of back and forth.



Below is the same Roman mural, but on a different base. I don't like the bottom of it.



It's all for the Wentworth Woodhouse project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Thanks
With a little CFE and MoveObjects it should be easily done, at least in my mind.


Yes I agree, very little tweaking and it's all done, or ruined usually in my case at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
The structure looks nice and gives off a good asylum vibe. Will it become a typical 'haunted' asylum or a normal one?

Also I just bought SN, looking forward to use the new build items for more historical accuracy.


I always liked the rotting furniture with that expansion the best, but I usually build modern so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus' Mind
The layout seems remarkably practical given the context of the house.

It's certainly frustrating when the game doesn't cooperate with the lighting.

You'll be pleased to know that I've swapped out some of the windows on one of my modern houses and am now experimenting with bringing the back windows right down to the ground, although the later is proving difficult with the CFE staircase...



Hm ... I had to do quite a job on the layout. It's mainly given by the trims along the roof. As ts4 is roombased, I put trims on roofs, it's a bit troublesome when I want the room to hug a corner and the trim has to follow.

The windows looks much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin's Creation
Who has a Youtube channel here


In my sig
Screenshots
 
Page 38 of 38
Back to top