Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:07 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 29th Jun 2010 at 2:33 AM. Reason: stuck "common" label in title

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default None of my CC hair will show up in game... [Common thread]
I have reloaded, re-downloaded, deleted my cashes, restarted my game, and everything else I can imagine, but still I am having issues.

The icons for Peggyzone hairs show up in my game but my sims are bald. Then none of the Modthesims hairs will show up either. Crazy thing is that I'm able to use all of the clothing I've downloaded and mods. I followed a very good youtube video for how to down load things to TS3 when I first got it. I've never had trouble before like this even with having World Adventure so I am really lost. I've also never had trouble downloading from here either. Can anyone help?

youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1aYlD3lZ8U
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:30 AM
Are you on a Mac? If the hairs show up but the sims are bald, that'd be why - it's a known issue with the Mac version of the game. Deleting cache files can sometimes fix it, but not usually.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:36 AM
Even from this site? I can get clothes but not the hair? If that is the case, that's just messed up. I've read the other posts about problems and they all seem to be from the patch.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:38 AM
It's all custom hair on the Mac version of the game - doesn't matter what site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:40 AM
Well thank you anyway. Guess us Mac users get to wait for a bit.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:18 PM
Moving this to OS X Help.

It's not an issue with the OS X game *in general*, only with specific versions. I know people had problems with hair about half a year ago, and now EA seem to have resurrected that bug in one of the current patches. I'm on OS X too and I have no problem with hair (I'm on 1.8.25), although I wouldn't expect Peggy hair to work.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:17 PM
It is all very weird. I run 2 macs. One is a MacBook Pro and the other an Imac. Both are less than a year old, both have the same OS X 10.6.2. Until my latest reinstall ( I think that i have done about 6 on each machine) I could not play at all on the Imac due to unplayable lag, but I have since managed to resolve all that and it is playing well at the moment with all my cc showing up and everyone has hair and there are no blue lots, i even managed to download some(not all) of my purchased items from the store and get them into the game. I never had any trouble at all on the MacBook until the last update.2.5 something. I have reinstalled everything very carefully with all the little files in all the right places but now my cc hair is not there, the breast sliders are not there, some of the clothes won't show, no skin replacements or default eye replacements, robokitty beards and stubble will not show. It is infuriating.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 10:02 PM
Same is happening to me. I had avoided updating because I read somewhere it will through off the custom content...Do we just have to wait or is there something we can do about it?
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 3:26 PM
I guess we have to wait and see. There won't be anything we can do about it as most of the amazing folk that can fix problems and find ways around things are all on PC and have their hands full just keeping up with everything for PC users. can't really expect them to have the time to work out how to fix things for Macs specifically. i decided to go ahead and install HELS as I couldn't get anything to show up anyway and took the opportunity to follow all installation and patching instructions to the letter. Still no joy ! No cc hair, skins, sliders, and a lot of the clothes are missing as well. I can't bear to play with ugly, pasty sims wearing horrible hair, so there is no point playing anymore. I will have to hope that when the Ambitions EP is released at the beginning of June it will sort out the problems we are having but I am not holding my breath as it usually gets a lot worse first.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 8:04 AM
Default Poor us.
Oh, God! This is so frustrating! I used to play the sims 3 on my PC (and I was able to play it without trouble, with all custom content showing up), but then... my pc crashed! I had the wonderfull idea of buying a MacBook. Result: No custom content and very ugly sims. As rosidbon said, there's no point in playing anymore. Poor us, mac-users.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 9:22 PM
I had the latest patch with my base game and all my hair, clothes, objects, and other mods worked just fine. I found some faulty CC through lots of trial and error and all my CC worked again. I just installed world adventures, transferred everything over like I know we are supposed to, ad now my hair isn't working. It seems like most clothes worked alright I didn't check for much else, but I'm sure they is a way around this. More times then not, it's either content conflicting with each other, or just a bad piece of content. The sucky thing is we can't use dashboard so you just have take out your CC in chunks and try running the game that way until you find what the problem is, it can be a headache, but once you find it, it's worth it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:12 PM
I just had this problem... I don't suppose anything's out to fix this for us Mac users yet? :'(

"Do nothing halfway. "
“My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at His feet.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:07 PM Last edited by LoofahFlufferduff : 18th Aug 2010 at 7:24 PM. Reason: fixed link
Mine works fine.

Are you using the new mods framework with the new patch??
Something interesting - seems that some people think you still need the d3dx9 or whatever dll in your game folders - well you don't. I don't have it in my Ambitions folders, but I have all the packages in the new Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder... and it all works fine.
I have Peggy hairs and Newsea hairs and Rosesims hairs... I have HP's skins, I have Johna's updated sliders....

AND - I have to say this AGAIN - DASHBOARD DOES WORK ON MACS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.mactasticsims3.com/tutorials/tools

I'm on latest Snow Leopard...

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 7:17 PM
Happens to me too. Usually I twiddle around with my options settings (make the sims detail higher and stuff). Sometimes it manages to work after that, but I'm not entirely sure if it's related. Currently, my sims are bald *cries*

What the avatar says...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:26 AM
Question..... whose CC hair are you using??? I've been talking to a few people who only use Peggyzone hairs... is it ALL CC hairs or just Peggyzone's?

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:19 PM
I'm having the same problem too. I'm running Mac OS X and Ambitions Version 4.0.87.006017 and none of my CC hair works. It doesn't seem to be unique to this expansion and update because it's always happened to me. Also it doesn't matter who made the CC peggyzone, ulker, newsea, etc. I find they all do that. Sometimes, I'll run the game and all by CC will be working, other times none of it works and all my sims are bald. There's never any in between for me. It's all or nothing.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 9:46 PM
Well, I have the exact same version as you, and no problems.

First of all, in your case, I would check all of your CC through Delphy's Dashboard.

If you don't get anything from there, I would take out all of your CC hair, and try this one here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=386056

which I know for sure works, because my sim is wearing it currently.

If that one works, and everything checks out okay in dashboard, I would add your CC hairs back in one publisher at a time, and see if it is any particular ones that are borking it up.
(because if my theory is correct, one particular set could be borking up the rest of them.)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:41 AM
xXSoUlKeEpErXx, please make your own thread. This one is specifically about issues with hair.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:28 PM
Hi again everyone. Well, I have now done new complete re install of all the EPs plus Ambitions on my Macbook and all the same on my Imac, except I did not install Hels on the Imac. The Imac is doing pretty well. I have some cc hair, most of the clothes, most of the cas stuff, make up etc. AND the breast sliders are working!!! Hurrah. The game does just crash to the desktop every now and then but if I remember to keep saving, thats okay. I do have a weird thing with my sims showering with some odd bits of clothing on and sometimes when I am in Cas, making a sim, I get that weird pixielated green/red/black thing, but its playable. However, the game on the Macbook will not show any cc hair, or the breast sliders, some of the clothes and some of the makeup stuff is not showing. Maybe its the Hels, maybe not, but everything else is the same.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:32 PM
Showering with clothing on is usually caused by badly made custom content, not a problem with the game itself. A "pixielated green/red/black thing" might also be due to broken CC .. hard to tell without seeing what you mean.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:14 AM
I'd say incompatible CC if it's crashing a lot. It shouldn't crash to the desktop anymore for any other reason, particularly with the new patch which eliminates the need for the mods framework. (But, it won't crash straight away... I had a couple of conflicting packages, and everything loaded fine until I tried to make a female sim in CAS, then it crashed, and I realised that there were two default female skins packages...I'd already made a male no worries.)

Rosidbon I would check all of your CC through Delphy's Dashboard, which should pick up any issues with your content conflicting, although it won't pick up if the package is incompatible with your version.

Are both of your macs running the same system? Do you have certain programs on the one that you don't have on the other? (Like WINE or a WINE derivative?)

Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 9:57 AM
I'm on a Macbook Pro, with WA & AMB, and I'm having the whole CC hair problem. But here's the thing... it's RANDOM when it works and when it doesn't. I was playing tonight and for most of the night (a good couple of hours, at least) all of the hair was showing up and working. Then, all of a sudden, the hairs were no longer showing up on my Sims. I quit, deleted caches, and rebooted. No CC hair works at all. This is not the first time it's done this. Sometimes the hair will work, sometimes not, and I'm not adding or removing CC during those times, so I'm not entirely sure what it is causing the bug. The only Mod I've really got in the game is for buying fruit, so...

Already ran my CC through Delphy's Dashboard, and there are no issues.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:54 PM
what I'm trying to do is make a connection between all of the people who are having this issue, so we can figure out the root of the problem.

Can you be a little more specific about your system, your game (and EPs) and exactly which CC is playing up?

Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 10:48 PM
I'm on the 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro (the new ones they just released a few months ago). I've got the base game, WA, and AMB, and all of my custom hair is acting up, regardless of maker. Any custom hair I've downloaded.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 11:40 AM
have you tried sticking the stuff in a few at a time, by publisher??
(i.e. if you have xmsims hairs, peggy hairs, rosesims2 hairs, stick a few xmsims hairs in and see if they work, then stick a few more xmsims hairs in etc until all of your xmsims hairs are in, then start on the peggy hairs... etc etc)

Page 1 of 3