Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:17 PM
Default New Sims 3 Challenge: Agoraphobia!
This is a (hopefully) new sims 3 challenge, though I haven’t checked if it has been made before, so apologies if it has!

The story: Ever since your poor sim went outside into the neighbourhood without permission, and got accosted by ghosts, they are terrified of leaving the house. They currently live in the house they grew up in, and refuse to leave (their parents found it easier to move out themselves). Your sim’s parents have recently cut them off, and they now must make a living, and maybe get a life along the way.

Rules: Once your sim has moved in, they may NEVER leave the home lot. They must work at home to earn simoleons i.e. painting, writing or gardening, and can only interact with sims that come onto the home lot, such as delivery folk. If other sims join the family, they may only leave the house once a week on Sundays, due to the paranoia of your sim.

Requires: One young adult sim, may be male or female, with the following traits:
-hates the outdoors
-neurotic
-loner
The other 2 you may choose, possibly depending on how you plan for your sim to earn a living, i.e. creative or green thumb.

There is no aim to this challenge, or a point system, you just have to make a living for your sim and possibly forge relationships for them. Good luck!

NOTE: Your original sim can never move house, however when they die, you are free to move any family members/offspring and they can now leave the lot when they want.

Let me know how it goes, I am starting the challenge now myself.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd May 2010 at 4:20 PM
sounds like fun! i want to try it when i get bored with my current familiy.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd May 2010 at 9:16 PM
This sounds like fun! I'll start it tomorrow evening. Thank you for posting this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2010 at 10:01 PM
Thank you! Let me know how it goes, the ideas a little choppy as i thought of it and just got so excited to post it! ^^
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd May 2010 at 10:52 PM
I could actually play this as my self sim. Seeing that I suffer from agoraphobia. Granted it's a milder case now, there was a time when I couldn't even step outside my bedroom door without going into a panic. Though I have to say, an agoraphobic living alone in real life would be impossible, without some form of care taker coming over to help with groceries and other things that a person with agoraphobia cannot do on their own.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:40 AM
I'm doing this when I get HELS, so can I cheat for furniture and then lower my money amount to about §3,000?
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:16 PM
Hahah this is awesome!

Chumcha Sims
Home to the Adam Devereaux + Co. Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mickeyblue33
I'm doing this when I get HELS, so can I cheat for furniture and then lower my money amount to about §3,000?

i dont see a problem with that, it actually fits in well with the story of the challenge, as since its supposed to be your sims parents old house, it would already be nicely furnished However personally, i would lower the money amount even more, to make it more challenging, since you will start off with only one sim
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:12 AM
I'm doing this (:

I changed the traits though it goes with the story more. I'll try to get around to posting later.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:07 AM
I just brought in Ambitions and this looks like an interesting challenge - does it end when your Sim dies? I could totally see a recluse inventor or sculptor. ^_^

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Space Pony
#11 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:22 AM Last edited by Enirei : 15th Jun 2010 at 6:18 AM.
What about possible children needing to go to school? Can they go to school or do they just fail their classes?

Started this: by the end of the second week my Jacken Jones' writing skill is maxed. Now time to write some high class novels.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:29 AM

Henry Nueman was always a bit off. As a kid his parents always assumed he was a little...off. He hated to travel and would throw tantrums at the thought for leaving for long periods of time. He was scared of just about everything, and always showered in his bathing suit. Due to his obvious lack of social skills he clung to his mother. His mother continued to enabled this behavior and it wasn't long until his father realized his son was never going to leave. To solve this, his father and mother moved out, leaving Henry behind. By that time, Henry's dislike for leaving his house had evolved and there was nothing he could do to stop this.

So in an effort to support himself and an attempt to finally grow up he discovered his skill with computers and spends his days hacking. Even if his human contact remains limited, he curbs that occasional loneliness by chatting and making friends online. He hopes for a family and someone to care for him, yet he doesn't have any belief to fill that dream.
Theorist
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 2:58 PM
By the way, if the Sim can't leave the home lot, how could he/she get seeds for gardening?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 6:49 PM
There will be three lettuces (amongst other, non-plantable stuff) available to them the first time you buy them a fridge.
Not much to start out with, but perhaps the parents were considerate enough to leave the fridge stocked with some stuff before they left?
(Like, if your sim is a gardener, perhaps a quick trip to the grocery store before the challenge starts will be allowed? )

Well I can't look under the hood but nothing will erase the joy of gunning townies down in front of City Hall - suzetter
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 7:33 PM
Perhaps after other Sims move in, they can go get some more seeds to add to the three lettuces on Sunday. Until then, it's Lettuce and Autumn Salad ahoy!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 6:58 PM
And thus the favorite food will be salad. For someone who never leaves the house, they'll probably look good. I am trying this one. ^_^
Scholar
#17 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 7:07 PM
I'm Doing This Challenge!!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 3:10 AM
going to try it!! yay!
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 12:56 AM
Sorry to necro thread, but just HAD to reply. Challenge is my first Sims 3 challenge, so I decided to make it really hard. Since it might be a little hard to manage on my computer, I used a custom empty and small neighborhood so I don't have to do so much.
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
By the way, if the Sim can't leave the home lot, how could he/she get seeds for gardening?

Indoor garden? :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:36 AM
I can't see loving parents abandoning someone who has a debilitating handicap like this. Whenever I do this challenge, I'm gonna say the parents died in the same incident that gave the main character the agoraphobia.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:38 AM
I'm totally going to do this. Heck, I've done it before with my own introverted sims. XD
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 4:20 PM
sounds like fun! I think I'll do it, however, where the maid or housekeeper stayed behind to help. Or my main sim had a sister/brother with the same phobia? my sim's kids can go outside, but not off the lot except on Sundays. As for school, I'll homeschool them. Yay for this challenge!

scooby dooby don't
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 4:38 AM
Definitely doing this!!! :D