Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:37 PM Last edited by kewpie : 28th Mar 2015 at 2:01 AM.
Default Sims 4 grayed out in Origin, unable to click on it at all.
The last step solved my problem. I'll keep this post up in case anyone else has a grayed out play button. Oh.. And my life of the party pack WAS reinstalled even though it never mentioned that it was queued up when I reinstalled.

1. Mod folder -- REMOVED
2. Disabled Origin in game - DONE A LONG TIME AGO.
3. Origin Beta Version - DONE A LONG TIME AGO

EDITED TO ADD:
4. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the game -- FAILED. Install crashed sent error message to EA.
5. Closed down origin, cleared cache, restarted. Game reinstalling. (Note -- it seems that "Life of the Party" bonus content is forever gone, but the Holiday stuff is queued for download. I paid for "Life of the Party" -- not happy about this/)

The game is grayed out and I can't click play on it. This is only true for one computer. The second computer I play on can successfully launch the game.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 3:19 PM
I had to manually uninstall and reinstall (even change the registries), but the EA helper helped me doing the steps and reassuring me.