Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 9:29 AM
Default Game gets blurrier the more I zoom out?
This is my first post here, hooray!
So I have a small graphics problem. The game is still playable, but this drives me nuts! When I want to take screenshots they don't come out as well because of this either. I've tried increasing the settings and enabling/disabled options, but nothing seems to affect it. For some reason in my game the graphics get blurrier the more I zoom out. It's hard to explain it, so I took some screenshots.

Of course, the effect is more easily seen in these screenshots because of the door I am using, but it happens with everything. The floor, the ground, furniture and other objects, basically the whole game. CAS is fine though. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone help me with this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 10:43 AM
What type of graphics card do you have? Have you updated your graphics drivers?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 11:12 AM
I would assume it's the Depth of Field blur that you see there. Go to Game Options > Graphics and untick "Post Processing Effects". If that's fixing it try this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=532909 (may or may not still work for current games; look in the comments); you could also edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\GraphicsRules.sgr and set DofEnabled to False for all settings. I assume that will be overwritten come the next patch, but you can easily edit it again afterwards.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:15 AM
I have Intel(R) HD Graphics. It is up to date.

I tried your suggestions, plasticbox, but they haven't had any affect.

My game used to not do this. It starting doing this a little bit and it gradually got worse and more noticeable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are those screenshots untouched? So 1/2 the door is blurry while the other 1/2 is not?

Clean run.

Yep. Untouched. It's weird, right? I don't know what is going on with it. It used to not do this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 2:53 AM
What do I do? No one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 2:01 AM
Still nothing?
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:38 AM
No i have no suggestions. My money is on the graphics card as it is not a dedicated graphics card but rather one that is integrated into the motherboard. These type of cards often don't display resource hogging game graphics that well.

I have always purchased laptops with a dedicated graphics card with at least (now days) 2 GB of dedicated memory.
I play Sims 4 on a desktop PC that has a high end graphics card.
If your on a laptop then either look into a graphics card upgrade (if possible as some laptops don't have the room to add extras) or you may have to live with the blurry effect.....
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 1:50 AM
mummy is right, I have an inter grated graphics card as well with Radeon HD. It does the job and can use some of my ram to page more graphics memory. I'm an 80's kid so i'm used to slighly blurry tv and games. So LOD's and bad post processing effects don't bother me. But to minimize this download the mod plasticbox suggested and adjust your settings. Also make sure laptop mode is OFF. I am on a laptop as well but it's not needed if your card can handle it and you use a cooling pad. If this IS a new problem and you have duel graphics, check what card the game is using. An easy way to do that is to open the config.log located in C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Look for the line === Graphics device info === under that it should tell you what GPU your game is using. Mine says
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 6620G
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 6620G [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

Which is right for me.
If it is right and your still having issues make sure you don't have anything else running when you play the game. Our graphics cards only have 512mb of dedicated Vram and need to use actual ram to go above that, so if you have less than 8gb and background programs are using too much than the card can't use that space for Vram. Before I got more ram I made a batch file for when I play games that just turns off everything I didn't want running. To do this check out this page
lifehacker.com/351056/quick-kill-multiple-programs-with-batch-files

Scroll down to where it says how to terminate a process tree (f and t) Add those. Open your task manager and click on the processes tab, tick the box that says "show processes from all users" and click the column to sort by memory used. Look for anything you KNOW doesn't need to be running and add it to your text list of programs. when your done name it Kills.bat and leave it on your destop. Next time your about to play a game just double click it and it will kill all those memory hogging processes for you.

any updater or program your not using is fine to kill. I make a regular habbit of making sure I never let any program auto update if givin the option but some do anyway like apple and adobe. my list of programs to kill if i were to play a game that needed more memory than I have would be
SkypeC2CPNRSvc.exe
wmpnetwk.exe
CCleaner64.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
SkypeC2CAutoUpdateSvc.exe
armsvc.exe
PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
GWX.exe

So to make my batch i'd type
taskkill /f /t /im GWX.exe /im PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe /im armsvc.exe /im SkypeC2CAutoUpdateSvc.exe /im AppleMobileDeviceService.exe /im iTunesHelper.exe /im CCleaner64.exe /im wmpnetwk.exe /im SkypeC2CPNRSvc.exe pause

Than save it as kills so i know what it is and change the filetype to .bat so it runs a batch command line when i click it. This isn't needed if you have a good amount of ram but if you don't it can help alot. especially if you have alot of auto updating programs on your pc.