Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 3:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Uninvited party guests
My Sims threw a formal house party/wedding, and invited 8 guests - 3 couples and 2 brothers. 16 guests showed up, including 8 people that have no known relationship to the couple getting married, and definitely not invited by them. How/why does this happen, and how can you stop it from happening? I don't want complete strangers showing up to a party, let alone a wedding! I have NRAAS MC installed; not sure that has something to do with it, but thought I'd mention it.

goderguy
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 3:52 AM
Are the sims who showed up related to the sims you invited? I know when you receive an invitation to a party members of your sims family who may not have received a direct invitation still get an aspiration to attend.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Are the sims who showed up related to the sims you invited? I know when you receive an invitation to a party members of your sims family who may not have received a direct invitation still get an aspiration to attend.

No, all the Sims invited are from other households I created or modified, and these extra guests were not a part of any of those households - as relatives or guests.

goderguy
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 4:55 AM
OK - so they are just party crashing sims. I can't say I have experienced that number of those as you seem to have. Perhaps someone else may know why this happens in your game or how to fix. The only thing I would suggest is to designate one of your sims to ask uninvited party crashers to leave as they arrive, and send their asses packing before they eat your sim's wedding cake or drink your sim's booze.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 10:55 PM
NRaas MasterController can, by option, change the potential invite list for a party for the player to have a wider variety of expected guests, but the mod doesn't have any say in who actually shows up. MC doesn't actually have any say in how the game plays when left alone at all. It's a player command center and sits back doing nothing (except providing the command menus on various objects, sims, lots, and City Hall). It's all things like go over there, do this, become that, wear a different outfit, get invited to my party. Or the one you really want, Get Out of My Face -- although this one is labeled Go Home, just to be sneaky.

I love party crashers myself, they almost always make my parties more interesting. Sometimes it will be sims I always wanted my hosts to meet and befriend anyway but in very largely populated worlds there's just never enough time, sometimes they don't get along with or are enemies of other invited guests which is always fun. But for a wedding, no I wouldn't want 100% more guests than those specifically invited either and would probably be sending half of them away myself upon arrival.