Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 8:17 AM Last edited by siletka : 28th Feb 2015 at 8:34 AM. Reason: Solved
Default [SOLVED] Lowering resolution minimizes game
Ahoy-hoy!

Gonna get down to it, I'm half-blind (literally) and I can't play TS4 at the native resolution of my monitor, can't read the text comfortably.

Changing the resolution to anything but 1920x1080 results in the game minimizing to desktop until the game gives up and restores itself at 1920x1080 resolution again.

Any pointers?

Edit: Changing the desktop to the preferred in-game resolution (in this case, 1440x900), loading the game up and changing it to match, saving & quitting, reverting my desktop back to 1920x1080 then loading the game back up seemed to fix it.

Jesus. Christ. I don't need to stress out over this game, dammit.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:24 PM
Do you know that you can also change the scale of the UI (User interface) independently from the actual resolution of the game? Maybe that works better for you than changing the whole thing .. I just posted how to do that in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...29&goto=newpost

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 5:18 AM
*GASP* Going to test this and report back!

Edit: You just made a half-blind woman's year. Thank you thank you thank you! I only wish TS2 and TS3 had this feature.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.