Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 5:50 AM
Default How do I install CC on Sims 4 if I downloaded the game on a USB Flashdrive?
I purchased a SanDisk 32GB Flashdrive and downloaded Sims 4 on it. Is there a way to download CC for the game on the flash drive also? Ive tried to look for the Mods folder on my flashdrive but I didnt see it and found it on my laptops Documents folder and put a skin overlay on the folder but it wont show up in game.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 6:10 AM
It's possible by creating a symbolic Link or Junction so the game "thinks" it's in Documents but by reality it is not.

You can set it up by command line or there are external tools that can set it up for you such as LinkShellExtension.

But I wouldn't recommend it unless your Drive is an internal, and 32GIG is not enough if you plan on purchasing every pack, not mention your CC folder on top of all that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
It's possible by creating a symbolic Link or Junction so the game "thinks" it's in Documents but by reality it is not.

You can set it up by command line or there are external tools that can set it up for you such as LinkShellExtension.

But I wouldn't recommend it unless your Drive is an internal, and 32GIG is not enough if you plan on purchasing every pack, not mention your CC folder on top of all that.

I downloaded Link Shell. Can you tell me how it works?
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 7:30 AM
Empty out your C:\Users\[Username}\Documents\Electronic Arts folder by MOVING (not copy) it to the drive of your choice then Right-Click on that The Sims 4 moved folder and select Pick Link Source

Now go back to your C:\Users\[Username}\Documents\Electronic Arts folder (which now should be empty), Right Click on Electronic Arts and Select Drop As.. and select Symbolic Link

The Sims 4 folder will be recreated with an arrow indicating is now linked to a folder pointing elsewhere.

Now you can run the game.