Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:26 AM
Default Getting famous discussion
I just got Get Famous and I'm curious if there are any differences between the famous people of Sims 3 and Sims 4. One that comes to mind is that the celebrity system was spread out. For entertainer and venues, you needed In the Spotlight (I think) while the VIP clubs etc. came with Nightlife. So far there seem to be a few more interactions like asking for an autograph and selfies. In Sims 3 you needed to "impress" the celeb to get anywhere. Also acting/influencer is included with the expansion this time around. I'd hope they have kept the VIP and exclusive clubs. Also the build mode objects does seem a lot more extravagant. Gold toilets? Bet it would go well with the Glamour pack...Anyhow... is the Sims 4 more in-depth? Or is significant stuff removed? How's people's experiences with the expansion so far?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:08 AM
I can’t speak for Sims 3. But I do like the fact that even if I disable fame for some sims, they can still gain positive/negative reputation
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 5:41 AM
The quirks are something new. Sims gain them from doing stuff often while being famous and they kind of get addicted to certain behavior. It's pretty cool.

Also, the fame level drops pretty fast and needs a lot of work to develop, so your sim has to dedicate a lot of his life to being famous instead of just greeting some random people once in a while.