Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:17 PM
That was an easy one. I created a map that looked like a donut. But nor Doughnut or Donut seemed original enough.
So I made something up, and named it Daughnoth.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:55 PM
My current neighbourhood is called Pennant, from Welsh place names: 'Pen' meaning top, and 'nant' meaning stream. It's a mountain town where a river starts, so I felt like 'top of stream' was a good name choice. (Plus it amused me to call it Pennant, for some reason.)

I have just googled it and found out that Pennant is actually a Welsh village already, but nevermind! X)
Forum Resident
#53 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 6:27 PM
My current nhood is called Europa...because I like the flyover visual

also @kittenby - i'm loving the welsh representation here ;D

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 2:40 AM
Just look around the room and pick something. Same with my sim names. My sims must get bullied in school.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 5:04 AM Last edited by HarVee : 1st Apr 2019 at 5:20 AM.
Gotterdammerung comes from the 19th century opera by Richard Wagner. Its name translates to Ragnarok, which is the proving ground in Norse mythology. It's one of my favourite operas, and me being into mythology, I knew I wanted to create a 'hood based on it. It's focused on a Victorian Gothic theme akin to a mix of Midnight Hollow from TS3 and Magic Town from TS1 with names and family storylines making plays and puns on Wagner's work.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#56 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 6:26 AM
I created a new downtown months ago and I called it Hawkton, it's from my husband's last name.

also I used dirt terrains for it because my hubby is a slobby bastard.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#57 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 7:00 PM
I often give my neighbourhoods names with words like Calopsita (from that Bate o Pe cockatiel video) or something else that has to do with birds - mostly hookbills.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 7:35 PM
What would be the embodiment of "Mod The Sims" ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Helptato
#59 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 3:37 PM
Usually I choose a name that sounds nice or matches the terrain. I started a new hood last week named Porthaven, named after but not inspired by the town from the book Howl's Moving Castle. I thought it sounded nice for a island town with a long stretch of shoreline.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Inventor
#60 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 7:13 PM
I've been on a GTA kick (San Andreas to be specific) for the past few weeks and I've been in the process of renaming the neighborhoods in my upcoming uberhood (Veronaville is excluded, never liked that hood). Some haven't been determined yet, though here's what I got so far (the final names are italicized) :

~~~

Pleasantview: I can't decide if I want to call it Juniper Hill or Foster Valley. Established families live here along with some middle-class and lower-class families, and a handful of single sims scattered about.

Strangetown: Valle Ocultado ('Hidden Valley' in Spanish) is its new name. The terrain reminded me of a valley and some of my uberhood's more 'quirky' characters live there; there's no aliens though.

Downtown: since 'Downtown' is kind of plain, it's a tossup between Vinewood and Mulholland because it's modeled after Los Angeles and those two names sound rich . Lots of single sims live here with a few newlyweds, and there's a lot of apartments throughout the city.

Bluewater Village: this one is difficult since I don't play BV that much. It has a long strip of beach area so it's either Ocean Flats or East Beach. No one lives there, I consider it a business district, save for one rich couple at the very back of the neighborhood.

Riverblossom Hills: a very rural area with farmland, houses are spread out. Renaming this was easy, so it's now called Palomino Creek. Farmers and their families live out here.

Desiderata Valley: very few families live here, sort of rural but it has a beach area and it's a nice place to settle down. I called it Verdant Bluffs because of the greenery.

Belladonna Cove: BDC makes me think of San Francisco so I changed it to San Fierro. Mostly single sims and the more wealthy sims live here in the apartments and condos.

(bonus) Four Corners: I've always loved this neighborhood and it's always a part of my uberhoods. The new name is Bayside Square, a mashup of 'Bayside' and 'Pershing Square'. It's the tiniest neighborhood in the uberhood and a select few families live here, and it's considered a fishing village.

~~~

I may or may not rename the uni and vacation hoods, though I may change my mind.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#61 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 8:13 PM
So..what is hidden and we can't see is the occult..interesting

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#62 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Primavera : 2nd Apr 2019 at 9:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
So..what is hidden and we can't see is the occult..interesting

haha I realized that when I picked that name. The Tricous live there with the Specter ancestors, so the name is fitting . I may change my mind about the no aliens bit.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#63 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 9:01 PM Last edited by grammapat : 3rd Apr 2019 at 7:39 PM.
Totally boring: the last two I made to test some modes, and adoptions, and ISBI with many pregnant townies sharing a house - because I didn't care if they survived, just wanted babies and toddlers in the adoption pool. Poop and Whatever. (yes, those are the names of the 2 hoods)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#64 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:55 PM
Feeladelphia it a long term housing facility where a there is a costant feeling of nostalgia among citizens. There is no period specific dress code or architectual style. Building codes and laws vary wildly. Note that this is in fact a stictly monitored facility- once potential residents choose to enter they must surrender their free will, inner feelings, and sim rights at the gate upon entry. Leaving is impossible, unless death has been scheduled.
Page 3 of 3