Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Video Distortion

by scumbumbo Posted 16th Feb 2016 at 5:31 AM - Updated 14th Nov 2018 at 8:10 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Nov 13, 2018 game patch

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 6:23 AM
OMG, this was driving me NUTS. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 6:29 AM
Thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 6:53 AM
A user on the EA Forums mentioned that EA claims this cannot be done due to animation issues with Sims watching movies at higher speeds. My guess (and only a guess as I don't have the movie pack) is that they are referring to the "reactions" that Sims can have to movie content, and that those may not synch up with the video if the game speed is faster than the video. For instance, Sims may react by getting flirty when they see a child playing with a puppy or laughing at a gory murder.

If that's the only negative effect then I'm not concerned myself (as I said, don't even have that pack), but if there are more significant issues with Sims watching movies then you'll probably not want to use the mod. If someone with the movie stuff pack can let me know how this works out when Sims watch a movie, I can put a prominent warning on the download page.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 7:43 AM
I don't usually play on fast mode so this didn't affect me either way, but I tested it out to see if there were any strange reactions of the Sims when watching and I did not notice any discernable difference with or without this mod. My Sim will still cry at inappropriate times and laugh at other inappropriate times. I think that the code just gives out random reactions to the movies anyway. The only difference is that the Sim will go through the gambit of emotions faster when on fast speed. Thanks for your mods, though. Between you and plasticbox, you keep the game interesting and playable. Without you I think I would have quit playing long ago.
Deceased
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zahkriisos
I don't usually play on fast mode so this didn't affect me either way, but I tested it out to see if there were any strange reactions of the Sims when watching and I did not notice any discernable difference with or without this mod. My Sim will still cry at inappropriate times and laugh at other inappropriate times.

Thanks - it's good to know that there's no real negative effects to that. Less good to know that another EA "it can't be done" really means, "no, this is how we want it you can't have it your way."
Quote:
Thanks for your mods, though. Between you and plasticbox, you keep the game interesting and playable. Without you I think I would have quit playing long ago.

Thanks, I don't always reply to the thank you's but as I was replying to this post anyway -- those kinds of thanks mean a lot to us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 9:00 AM
Omg, you're amazing for this. I constantly think the TV is broken when I speed up my game. So happy there is a fix!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 10:17 AM
thanks scumb, this mess was driving me nuts!!!! I thought the TV was freaking broke or something every time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 2:39 PM
Does this fix the static noise from it, gives me a headache!
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy65710
Does this fix the static noise from it, gives me a headache!

I typically play the game with my own music playing in the background, so I didn't even notice that - plus being partially deaf it plays at a frequency that I don't really hear well!

Two new flavors of the mod are available. Each one is standalone and contains the basic no video distortion effect, so just install one flavor and if you switch remove the old one.

"No Static" just turns off the static noise (but the video's audio track will still mute) when playing at higher game speeds.

"No Mute" turns off the static noise and the video's audio track will play normally.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zahkriisos
.... Thanks for your mods, though. Between you and plasticbox, you keep the game interesting and playable. Without you I think I would have quit playing long ago.

Totally agree with you on that. I also put Deaderpool in with scumbumbo and plasticbox. They rock!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I typically play the game with my own music playing in the background, so I didn't even notice that - plus being partially deaf it plays at a frequency that I don't really hear well!

Two new flavors of the mod are available. Each one is standalone and contains the basic no video distortion effect, so just install one flavor and if you switch remove the old one.

"No Static" just turns off the static noise (but the video's audio track will still mute) when playing at higher game speeds.

"No Mute" turns off the static noise and the video's audio track will play normally.

Ah awesome, thankyou!
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
Totally agree with you on that. I also put Deaderpool in with scumbumbo and plasticbox. They rock!

Yeah! How could I forget Deaderpool. His Command Center Mod is a must!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:40 PM
OMG thank you so much! This was driving me insane!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:54 PM
Thank you so much! Looking at that distortion actually made me nauseous.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 6:07 PM
Hooray!!! Thank you for this mod, I hated the distortion.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 6:25 PM
Thank you! I just purchased the game a couple of days ago and was really disappointed with the dumb way the tv works while sped up. Now I can have my sims watch tv in peace again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 11:20 PM
Ok, you're my hero for posting this. The distortion and high-pitched hum were driving me crazy! I almost never play on normal speed, and I get a kick out of seeing the crazy stuff on Sims' TV screens, so this is a godsend!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 11:23 PM
Much needed. Thanks a ton! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 12:17 AM
Scumbumbo, thanks yet AGAIN for a life-saving mod. I was getting quite tired of fast-forwarding and having to see that annoyance.

On another note, as a fan of yours, are you currently accepting requests for mods (I have a minor fix)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 12:45 AM
Thank you so much for this!! The distortion has been driving me nuts since it first started, and I'm so glad you came up with a fix! :-)

Karen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 2:06 AM
I will enjoy this immensely, thank you! It is 2016 and I don't think anyone's TV does that on fast forward smh. It felt like a temporary transport back to my VCR days, haha!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 2:15 AM
I. Love. You. Been driving me nuts since they patched this in. Dumbest add in ever IMO.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 2:41 PM
Thanks, this has been sending me nuts!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 10:18 PM
Thank you, I thought I had done something to my game to make it this way.
Page 1 of 3