Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 4:18 PM Last edited by justJones : 19th Feb 2014 at 5:00 PM.
The imperfect life
Summary: Life isn’t perfect for Harley Baker, being a young widow with two children is hard enough without the extra stress of having two teenaged girls who are completely opposite in looks and personality. Her daughter Zoe is the artistic, music loving, ‘freak’, whereas her sister Maisie is the vegetarian, nature loving good girl that everybody wants to be. With work scarce in her town and the inheritance she received from her husband quickly running out, they relocate in a new town in hopes of earning enough money to get them by.

The sims(You can call them whatever, I’ve just decided random names, also, you may mix the traits up but make sure you use at least one of my suggestions. You may choose any LTW.

Name: Harley Baker
Summary: She is a pretty, casual sim. Not expensive looking but not poor looking either. This woman has been married since she was just a teen when she ran away to elope with her husband Derrick. With a horrible car crash taking away her chances of spending the rest of her life with him, she is left to fend for herself and her two children. Now in a new town, she has to find a job that suits her and her family.
Traits: Neat, Natural Cook, Family Oriented (You may add two of your own)

Name: Zoe Baker
Summary: Zoe is a dark/gothic sim, her striking looks fail to be seen by others because of her excessive use of dark and unneeded makeup. Zoe fails to show her emotions vocally or physically so does so by expressive it through art and her music. Knowing her mother is finding it extremely difficult, Zoe goes to the streets with her guitar and gains tips to go towards the family funds.
Traits: Artistic, Virtuoso, Hot-headed, Loner

Name: Maisie Baker
Summary: Maisie is the girl with the looks that any girl would die for. She is a friendly and happy sim that thrives through others achievements and happiness. With her mum seeming lonely and losing hope in herself, Maisie tries her hardest to find her mum a perfect match. She has beautiful and long hair with light, bright and pretty clothing. She is nice to everyone but still fails to see eye to eye with her meat-eating twin sister.
Traits: Vegetarian, loves the outdoors, friendly, good

To start off:
You may use cheats to create a house. It CANNOT be over 50,000 simoleons and must not have any objects worth more than 5,000 simoleons.

You may use testingcheatsenabled to put Zoe and Maisies relationship to red. Leave the mothers relationship with the teens the way it was to begin.

After creating the house, use family funds to change the funds to 1,500 simoleons (this is what you have left of the inheritance.)

You may have any life span, this challenge does not require completing them before they age up, but before they end up unable to pay bills, buy food etc.

What you must complete:
Get Harley to the top of whatever career you choose.

Get Harley a new husband and have one child. (The man she marries MUST be on Maisie’s known list because she is the one who introduced them.)

Get your family funds up to at least 20,000.

Get Zoe’s guitar skill to at least 5 and get her to earn tips.

Make Zoe and Maisie’s relationship bar to the top (NO CHEATS.)

Get Zoe at least five friends.

Get Maisie a boyfriend.

Scoring:

For each of Zoe’s friends: 50 points
For each thousand in your family funds at the end of the challenge: 40 points
For each skill point of ANY skill: 10 points

And 1000 points for completing all of the goals.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:00 PM
Nice idea! I started this challenge, but I've made the father too, and killed him with Master Controller, just to have the negative moodlets and his ghost haunting the widow's suitors (just like Agnes Crumplebottom)
I thought in make him already a ghost in CAS, but I didn't know how to become him a NPC after making him come back to his grave
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bellakenobi
Nice idea! I started this challenge, but I've made the father too, and killed him with Master Controller, just to have the negative moodlets and his ghost haunting the widow's suitors (just like Agnes Crumplebottom)
I thought in make him already a ghost in CAS, but I didn't know how to become him a NPC after making him come back to his grave
Aha, well it's great to see someone enjoys it! I gave it a go myself and I found that the 1,500 is actually a lot more than enough, and at only 2,000 simoleons at the moment, I looked on the mothers friends list and hovered over her daughter and one of the misc was 'rich' So I think it'd probably be better as 500 but then again this challenge is more about bringing the family back together and just getti the 20 Simoleons, I'm glad you've added your own little touch I think if you using testingcheatsenabled and shift click I think you can make them a NPC, but I'm not 100 percent sure Thanks for the feedback!
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 8:50 PM
With a house worth 50k (+ the items in the Inventory) and the cash they are at least wealthy, which for me is a first as I usually just use the starter money given by the game when I found a household.

Meet my Bakers (I don't think I have to tell you who is who)

So here I used the money upfront to built a home for the three that wouldn't lack anything (even space for another room for the eventual newborn is integrated)

And again, I don't think I have to tell you which room belongs to which sister.

After hours of preparetion I'm glad I can finally start the challenge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahARoyce
With a house worth 50k (+ the items in the Inventory) and the cash they are at least wealthy, which for me is a first as I usually just use the starter money given by the game when I found a household.

Meet my Bakers (I don't think I have to tell you who is who)

So here I used the money upfront to built a home for the three that wouldn't lack anything (even space for another room for the eventual newborn is integrated)

And again, I don't think I have to tell you which room belongs to which sister.

After hours of preparetion I'm glad I can finally start the challenge.

I love the differences between the rooms Thank you for the feedback! I hope you enjoy the challenge
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 8:34 PM
I started this challenge last night! I made my family and am working on their house.
Thanks I'm enjoying the idea so far
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 8:20 AM
> This message has been deleted by justJones. Reason: Not really a challenge, more like gameplay style

I cannot say I understand that decission to delete the post. It was about my progress in this challenge and how I what part of it was the most challenging. Yes, that translates to a description of playstyle - as of this challenge.

Also: [Attention! This thread has not had a reply for a month.] So the deletion was basically the only thing that happened in this thread for over a month, yes, that was important.

honestly, what was the motivation. Does jsutJones have a quota to fill?
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 1:49 PM
I decided to start a video series of this challenge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-k8K5HBYs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahARoyce
> This message has been deleted by justJones. Reason: Not really a challenge, more like gameplay style

I cannot say I understand that decission to delete the post. It was about my progress in this challenge and how I what part of it was the most challenging. Yes, that translates to a description of playstyle - as of this challenge.

Also: [Attention! This thread has not had a reply for a month.] So the deletion was basically the only thing that happened in this thread for over a month, yes, that was important.

honestly, what was the motivation. Does jsutJones have a quota to fill?

I'm not really sure why it was deleted. I'm the one who made this challenge and i am not jsutJones so I'm not really sure. I don't find your initial comment insulting or belittling so I wouldn't have deleted myself, but I'm not jsutJones so I have no idea. Sorry.