Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2020 at 4:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Up until recently, a majority of my CC Sims worked fine. Now, a majority of them are corrupted no matter what I try.
Hello, up until now, my CC Sims I downloaded from this website have worked fine. But recently, a majority of them are corrupted. As pictured, in CAS and in game play the thumbnails have gone haywire as well as the Sims itself.

http://imgur.com/a/4U24mlL

I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting the cache files including the thumbnail caches, redownloading the original Sim files from MTS, and reinstalling said files. I've also tried clearing my mod folder and starting over but to no avail.What ends up happening is that some Sims work again, but the others remain corrupted or vice versa. But even if it does work again, when I bring that Sim to a lot the Sim looks massively corrupted.

Before all that, all these CC Sims I downloaded worked completely fine, which is odd to me.

I haven't downloaded any other mods besides these Sims and the occasional hair or clothing file.

Is this possibly a graphics card issue (ie it being fried)? I'm running the game on a basic non gaming laptop with an integrated card but I meet all requirements and everything in the game looks great and runs smoothly. Or do you think the problem is just corruption with something embedded in the Sim files?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th May 2020 at 6:16 AM
"Corrupted" is unlikely to be the correct term for this problem, as that implies the files are damaged. If you had corrupted files, they likely wouldn't be able to be read by the game at all, leading to crashes or the content simply not showing up.

The "exploding" outfits are usually from conflicting defaults (if you downloaded replacements for outfits that are both trying to overwrite the same file), conflicting files (similar, but less common problem, where two custom outfits share the same ID number), bad morphs (just a badly made piece of custom content), or... unfortunately, a crummy graphics card.

Two of the three images you posted *could* be broken or conflicting meshes, but the third, with the patchwork-looking error that blends all the way up the screen looks concerningly like a graphical error.

When you remove all custom content from your downloads and savedsims folder, do the graphical errors still exist?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2020 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlfredAskew
"Corrupted" is unlikely to be the correct term for this problem, as that implies the files are damaged. If you had corrupted files, they likely wouldn't be able to be read by the game at all, leading to crashes or the content simply not showing up.

The "exploding" outfits are usually from conflicting defaults (if you downloaded replacements for outfits that are both trying to overwrite the same file), conflicting files (similar, but less common problem, where two custom outfits share the same ID number), bad morphs (just a badly made piece of custom content), or... unfortunately, a crummy graphics card.

Two of the three images you posted *could* be broken or conflicting meshes, but the third, with the patchwork-looking error that blends all the way up the screen looks concerningly like a graphical error.

When you remove all custom content from your downloads and savedsims folder, do the graphical errors still exist?

Thank you for the response. When I run the game without CC everything is normal. No graphical errors. Hell, I'm able to run the game on max, even with my old laptop. Although I keep everything at medium just to be safe. With that being the case, do you think it's likely the conflicting mesh issue you listed?