Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2020 at 5:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Crashing after a bit of gameplay
So, the Sims 2 was working for a bit but maybe it's because I'm on a new computer now but the Sims 2 keeps crashing and I have no idea what's going on.

- I have the 4GB patch applied and the memory allocation fix done
- It doesn't have anything to do with lots, because I've tried playing with different families and it still crashes after the same amount of gameplay
- I've deleted the accessory and group files

I have a feeling it might be because of the high disk usage after I play it, but I'm not sure if that has an effect on the game because I have the UC.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th May 2020 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjuliannaa
So, the Sims 2 was working for a bit but maybe it's because I'm on a new computer now but the Sims 2 keeps crashing and I have no idea what's going on. I have windows 10.

- I have the 4GB patch applied and the memory allocation fix done
- It doesn't have anything to do with lots, because I've tried playing with different families and it still crashes after the same amount of gameplay
- I've deleted the accessory and group files

I have a feeling it might be because of the high disk usage after I play it, but I'm not sure if that has an effect on the game because I have the UC.

UPDATE: I've figured out that whenever I click the miscellaneous icon in the decorations tab, the game immediately crashes. Every other button works.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2020 at 10:06 PM
It's most likely an item in that category you need to find and remove from your game. Doing a 50/50 could help.

Various ways to find problem content:
https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl..._Custom_Content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2020 at 11:23 PM
Thanks! I finally got it!