Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Manually Installing CEP in the Sims 2 Ultimate collection
Greetings,

How does one go about installing CEP in the sims 2 ultimate collection? Is it any different from the instructions in the read me file? I wanted to verify before I got started. Thanks!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:38 AM
I'd guess not, it's just that the destination folders are different, hence the installer won't work.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I'd guess not, it's just that the destination folders are different, hence the installer won't work.

Thank you. A little reassurance is helpful. Have a great day!
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nortonsapple
Greetings,

How does one go about installing CEP in the sims 2 ultimate collection? Is it any different from the instructions in the read me file? I wanted to verify before I got started. Thanks!

The Ultimate Collection seems to be based on the Double Deluxe release of the Sims 2. The CEP readme instructs to put the _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package and the second zCEP-EXTRA folder into (Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res but this location doesn't exist in the UC.

I got the CEP to work by using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\ as the copy location. The readme instructions should be adapted as follows (bold text = change to instructions )

b) _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package:
This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
but if you have changed the installation path while installing the game, it may be different.

c2) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
(Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\

Hope this helps.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:20 PM
Default Question!
I read somewhere here at MTS that its best to alter the properties of CC files in Downloads by selecting the 'Read-only" Attribute. Does this also include doing this to the "_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" as well? or should this particular file be left alone?
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by huffbone
The Ultimate Collection seems to be based on the Double Deluxe release of the Sims 2. The CEP readme instructs to put the _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package and the second zCEP-EXTRA folder into (Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res but this location doesn't exist in the UC.

I got the CEP to work by using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\ as the copy location. The readme instructions should be adapted as follows (bold text = change to instructions )

This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
but if you have changed the installation path while installing the game, it may be different.

c2) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
(Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\

Hope this helps.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.
First off, by copy location, what exactly do you mean? I thought that perhaps it meant putting the .zip there, but I'm not too clear on that.
Can "EA Games" be "Origin Games"? I don't have EA Games.
Thanks!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 7:27 PM
The copy location is the folder you're copying files into.

Yes, your game might be installed in EA Games, in Origin Games, or in some other weird place, just adapt the instructions to suit whatever the folders are called on your computer.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 10:32 PM
Thank you, Nysha. That cleared things up
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by huffbone

Hope this helps.

It doesn't work on windows 10, on windows 10 it is Program files x86/ origin games/ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog
but installing it there doesn't work. there is no way to install ultimate collection in the program files folder the way older windows do.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:08 PM
The CEP works perfectly with the UC on Windows 10. Just install it normally.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th May 2020 at 10:02 PM
Default CEP --Program file
Do I understand this correctly? This command, (Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\ I should create the folder myself and it should go in the program files folder? I'm sorry, I'm old and confused LOL.