Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 3993 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:39 PM
Erin and Erik are tangential characters in this update, but added an amazing amount of value. I like what they add to the perspectives of the families. Jimmy and Lucy are oh, so very young and naive! I hope Lucy can settle down just enough to meet the demands of a baby. This is a lengthy and often thankless commitment she's making.
Instructor
#27 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:55 PM
Everytime I'm in here I just want to write my Crowborough the same way as you do with this story, and that makes me jealous because I know i'm too lazy to write that shit when i already have my book to write.

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#28 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:06 AM
@bbostic8 Hahaha! I don't know if this was supposed to be a bit meta but I cracked up at Lucy claiming it took two hours to make food for her visitors because it really does seem like it takes two in-game hours for them to prepare a meal that's not and instant meal or that goes into a microwave oven.

It's interesting to see how you portray Jimmy, he's one of the few sims that came with the game that I took and incorporated into my play. I like how fun-loving your Jimmy is, kind of like a suave class clown. I always thought he was one of the most handsome uni premades (along with Mattew Hart) and you have made him handsome inside and out

Here's some more of that 'three dimensional writing' I mentioned tha tI loved in this installment: the way you described the guys getting out of the pool to go to the hot tub, the way Lucy's voice carries in an emptier house, Jimmy's job description which goes into depth of what he does, and the effects of Jimmy's personality on Lucy was just all very beautifully written, engaging and put me into the story. I think this is actually my favorite post on this thread so far!

Other little quips I liked was Swain's Ovulation Nation and Jimmy trying to call John 'Dad' and John not having it.

There's a lot of sims stories out there but ones that engage me are few and far between so I can agree with your reply, even more so, it's extremely rare to get me excited about premades because so many people play with them, because I feel it's redundant to read about them so kudos to you for your excellent work in drawing me in and making me feel excited to read--it speaks to the excellent quality of your narration skills! So by all means your time is very well used I too try to write what I like to read and do so in an engaging way. My group thread which I saw you commented on is more informational but I do have stories out there if you ever have time to read some, I'd love to know what you think!

Can't wait for the next post!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 3:54 AM
Default A Pleasant Place: The Brokes
A Pleasant Place
The Brokes

Across the road at the other corner of Main Street lies the smallest slice of suburban nostalgia blanching in the sun. Kitschy pink reminders of the proverbial "good ole days" frame the windows and pave the way through the tamed wild greenery of what once had been a sprawling valley, all the way to the front door. There's always noise, usually happy, but sometimes unseemly and cacophonous -- frantic barking, the high-pitched whine of a child in need, the deep tonal notes of an E minor chord struck to drown out all the other noise. Even on the bad days, it's a pleasant place to be.

a pleasant place|my simblr
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Scholar
#30 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:30 AM
I like that you write about the Premades because I have always played the Premades myself. I am sure that I play them differently than others including yourself, but that does not really matter as part of the enjoyment for me is reading how others play them differently than I do.

I really do like your writing and your writing about the Brokes was no exception. Really good pictures.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 7:56 PM
I loved this look at Brandi Broke's extended family. She has her flaws, but she's a great mother and grandmother. Brittany is adorable, and I liked her mature sit-down with her parents to ask for a violin. I think Summer is going to enjoy getting to know her father's family, and from the sound of her mother, she's going to need them. Amber makes me laugh; I like her.
Link Ninja
#32 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:40 AM
I have to say, this update was fantastic! The ending, is my absolute favorite thing from your entire thread so far <3

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 1:35 AM
Default A Pleasant Place: The Ottomases

A full house is a happy one. Or at least, that's what Babaanne Dora used to say. Her son, Peter, lived by those words, however much he questioned their validity in his younger years. Today, even after the loss of their dear Babaanne, the Ottomases are a close-knit clan, seven strong.

a pleasant place|my simblr
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Link Ninja
#34 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 5:25 AM
Awesome update! Even though it was short, it was very informational and ofc well written as always!

Page 2 of 2