Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 238 (Who?), Viewed: 11177 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 10 of 10
Inventor
#226 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:29 PM Last edited by Norn : 20th May 2018 at 1:05 PM.
Testing results for the nameless Petlandia Cottage by Johnny and aisquared. It's a really cute house and the pets had fun running around in the garden

My findings (see attached screenshots):
- The ceiling could use some more love
- plenty unpainted walls in the roof sections
- the fireplace is very close to the table. Maybe add an "Fireproof" upgrade to it? (An alarm is on the lot.)
- there is no waste bin in the kitchen. This is no game breaker but they have to route quite far to the bin in the yard for everything. So maybe add one?

And then I didn't manage to pick up the toddler anywhere on upper floor. Maybe I didn't do it right, I tried several spots, I removed some of the toys to have more room but it still didn't seem enough. Maybe someone else can try it? For me, the toddler would always route to the stairs to be picked up downstairs thus of course blocking everything.
Screenshots
Inventor
#227 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but it may be easier to keep the different topics apart.

Generally I'm still not happy with the tourist trap lot. I don't see any connection to a "light fairy" theme nor does it in my opinion add to the looks of the world. Quite the contrary - imagine living in one of those cute litte huts and that is your view Also we have several nice parks now so there won't be lack of that functionality.

In addition, the fog emitter effect is not from BG/Pets, so it keeps resetting to fog.

Don't get me wrong, the lot itself is great, it's funny and I would love to see it in a larger world. I just don't think it fits Petlandia Village.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#228 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:17 AM
I like the Teal Acorn for the Johnny/ aisquared cottage, or maybe The Square Hamster

I agree with Norn about the Tourist Trap lot. Good lot, but not a good fit for Petlandia.

Also, can anyone or everyone, download the build version of the world and begin testing? If you need guidelines, just ask.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Inventor
#229 Old 21st May 2018 at 9:11 AM
Oh, the Square Hamster is great, too

For testing, it would be advisable if SimmyRN uploaded a world with all new lots already included - there has been quite some progress since the last WIP version. Better to test the original.
Scholar
#230 Old 22nd May 2018 at 8:00 AM
I've placed all the latest lots, made some adjustments and the corrections Norn noted. (Thanks, Norn!) Also removed the Tourist Trap lot. I agree it would be better for a post-apocalyptic or more modern world. I'll update the list / pictures in post # 1 tomorrow and post the Petlandia Village map for testing. We need to decide what, if any, additional lots we want/need to build. Another thought I had would be if we'd like to post a request for families for the village. They, of course, would have to meet the MTS guidelines for sims. I've never tried populating a world but I'm willing to give it a go if we think it's a good idea. Or, they could be posted separately like the EP lots we've discussed uploading. Thanks for all your efforts and let me know what you think, please!
Scholar
#231 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:22 AM
This is the latest version of Petlandia Village with all lots placed to date. Please test and report any comments, suggestions, or issues with routing, etc. I will update the lot list in the first post. Does anyone have any ideas for the two large lots on the cat's head? If so, please post them. Does anyone know if you can build apartments without Late Night? I've read varying answers. If so, I was thinking of a Tudor style apartment building on one lot. Or, if not, maybe a little "shopping" complex. Or, a really large house with 6-8 bedrooms, stables, and so forth. Maybe a "pet sanctuary" with aviary, turtles, lizards, etc. I found floor plans that could be converted. Thanks very much for your assistance!
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Petlandia Village.rar (28.29 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#232 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmyRN
Does anyone know if you can build apartments without Late Night?

Yes, as long as the game has been patched to at least the version that came out around that time. All the necessary room markers are in buydebug. The only thing missing would be the apartment-related ambient sounds.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#233 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbot
Yes, as long as the game has been patched to at least the version that came out around that time. All the necessary room markers are in buydebug. The only thing missing would be the apartment-related ambient sounds.

Super! Thanks very much, Butterbot! I thought so, but I wasn't sure. I'll have to get started.
SimmyRN
Inventor
#234 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:59 PM
Not sure if we should try to have the world populated - that's a lot of sims that need to be created. Maybe better offer them as separate downloads if you want to go for it? With sims I feel that BG/Pets only is for sims much more restricting than for building, especially for male sims. And I'm no CAS person, so I won't be able to help with that.

For the larger lots at the cat's head I could imagine a farm-like houses, family and pets-friendly ("pet sanctuary" sounds lovely!). Tudor-style sounds good, too, especially if you have floorplans. I would think that the buildings shouldn't be too high though, one floor or two max.
Inventor
#235 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:03 PM
SimmyRN, when trying to extract the world from the rar-archive I get an error message. I tried re-downloading but it didn't help. Could you please double check?
Scholar
#236 Old 26th May 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
SimmyRN, when trying to extract the world from the rar-archive I get an error message. I tried re-downloading but it didn't help. Could you please double check?

Norn,
It worked fine for me. What error message are you getting? I used WinRAR 5.50 64 bit to compress it. Has anyone else had trouble? I can try another zipping program if you think that would help.
Inventor
#237 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:40 AM
Ok, I updated my version of 7-zip, now it works. Sorry!
Scholar
#238 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Ok, I updated my version of 7-zip, now it works. Sorry!

So glad it was that easy a fix!
Top Secret Researcher
#239 Old Today at 4:29 AM
I have been having computer issues for the last few weeks, but I am hoping to borrow another computer so I can get to testing! Thanks SimmyRN and everyone for your hard work and contributions.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN

Page 10 of 10