Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2014 at 8:20 PM
Default The new video is just another CaS thing.
Apparently, the upcoming video on Wednesday is just going to be more CaS.
Disappointment restored. :-/ smh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2014 at 8:52 PM
OK. I don't know why EA is adopting this marketing approach, but please. Doesn't EA WANT us to want this game?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#3 Old 10th May 2014 at 8:56 PM
maybe they think the Sims franchise is just so well-established that it'll sell itself? With people purchasing from the Store and no substantial decline in sales despite complaints about Sims 3, maybe they're right (sadly). I mean, people will still buy Sims 4 and they know that. I feel we're in the minority on this site of being more ascertaining and assertive about what we want

Bustin' Out!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th May 2014 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
OK. I don't know why EA is adopting this marketing approach, but please. Doesn't EA WANT us to want this game?

Because they can? Maybe the pre-orders are good enough that they see they don't need to bother with actually marketing the game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2014 at 11:54 PM
Thing is, they said it was going to be a trailer? Starring the Goths? Normally, I wouldn't be that disappointed, but since they got everyone so hyped up about it it's kind of a bummer to find out they're just showing us something we've already seen.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania

For some reason, this makes me think of The Producers. Maybe they'll make more money with a flop than a hit? It's a conspiracy!
Alchemist
#7 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:46 AM
What kind of a stupid answer is that!

"Q: So you are just going to teach the CAS? again? are we stupid or what??
A: CAS is the video because there are many fans who do not follow the news and do not know it. Think of all! "
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2014 at 1:23 AM
So condescending that it's hilarious! I love how they shovel the BS over there, reminds me of how they explain Sims 3.

Edit for misspelled word.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th May 2014 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
What kind of a stupid answer is that!

A: CAS is the video because there are many fans who do not follow the news and do not know it. Think of all! "
What the hell!? Are they say saying that the news from fans sites is not good enough. Don't forget YouTube and whatnot. who ever answer that question is bold. This is the most confusing answer that I have heard in a very long time.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th May 2014 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2

Okay, yeah....considering all---"all" being every human being who has lived or will have lived----sure, okay, you could say there are many who do not about the CAS features. Statistically speaking there are people who don't know lots of things.

I feel like we know more about the CAS grab-and-grope aspect than we know about Sims' emotions and that (so far as we know) is THE main shtick of TS4. This better have some new info, EA, or we will not be stopping for ice cream on the way home after dinner.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th May 2014 at 2:54 AM
People wanted to see the finished cas (assuming it is indeed finished) now they're going to show it. And yet people still complain...
Scholar
#12 Old 11th May 2014 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NotScottish
People wanted to see the finished cas (assuming it is indeed finished) now they're going to show it. And yet people still complain...
How do you know that CAS finished or not? I can see why some Simmers would complain in cases like this. Personally I would like this game to be the best game possible than other sequels so I'm leaning towards being on the pretty skeptical side. Not to mention, only news so far was CAS from a year ago at gamescon, some renders, beautifully rendered Bella and Mortimer which I adore, but no info on the actual new game play or anything new besides CAS. So yes this is so not much complaining about, it is about being passionate about the whole franchise as a whole. You know, that simcity fiasco disaster. It would really suck if this happened all over again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2014 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NotScottish

People aren't upset that they're showing us CaS, they're upset that EA would make a big deal about announcing something extremely misleading and then instead come with something....completely different. Had they said "Hey, there's gonna be another CaS video this Wednesday!" I'd be alright. But when they're like "HOLY SHIT GUYS YOU WONT BELIEVE IT PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THIS WICKED TRAILER FEATURING THE GOTH FAMILY" and then just. don't do it. It kind of calls for something to 'complain' about. Being a fan of something doesnt mean you have to avidly defend everything they come up with and never ever criticize the way they do things.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th May 2014 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
People aren't upset that they're showing us CaS, they're upset that EA would make a big deal about announcing something extremely misleading and then instead come with something....completely different. Had they said "Hey, there's gonna be another CaS video this Wednesday!" I'd be alright. But when they're like "HOLY SHIT GUYS YOU WONT BELIEVE IT PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THIS WICKED TRAILER FEATURING THE GOTH FAMILY" and then just. don't do it. It kind of calls for something to 'complain' about. Being a fan of something doesnt mean you have to avidly defend everything they come up with and never ever criticize the way they do things.

Mind showing when they specifically said trailer? The posts I'm seeing say "Sims 4 VIDEO" meaning a video, about the sims 4, staring the Goth's. Only now did they say what the video is specifically about. Quit exaggerating. CAS is one thing people have been wanting to see more of. Since they've already shown it, it makes sense to show how it's changed rather than showing brand new things when they could do that better at E3 next month.
Scholar
#15 Old 11th May 2014 at 4:13 AM
What kind of sims fan are they talking to that isn't following sims 4 news?? Uhm..lol?
Alchemist
#16 Old 11th May 2014 at 8:14 AM
More CAS? MORE CAS? We've had almost no information about the rest of the game and how it works beside CAS and the new video is about CAS.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 11th May 2014 at 9:23 AM
Have a heart! The ads for the python programmer recruitment only just appeared - they don't yet have anyone on the team ready to program the gameplay scripting!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th May 2014 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Have a heart! The ads for the python programmer recruitment only just appeared - they don't yet have anyone on the team ready to program the gameplay scripting!

How are they going to release it in the fall if they don't have anyone to program the gameplay yet?
Scholar
#19 Old 11th May 2014 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
How are they going to release it in the fall if they don't have anyone to program the gameplay yet?

It'll work because shut up, give us money.

Quote:
A: CAS is the video because there are many fans who do not follow the news and do not know it. Think of all!"

...why should I care? Why not show me something about THE GAME instead of something I can just figure out how to work on my own when I have THE GAME? I didn't know CAS well when I played Sims 2 and I had a fun time playing around, figuring out what it did. I didn't get the IN-DEPTH stuff, but I still worked it just fine. Ditto on Sims 3, I noticed no differences with the sliders in Sims 3 on the console, but on the PC I noticed it actually did something. Just give me some time to figure the stuff out and play around with it.

C-A
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th May 2014 at 11:24 AM
Ugh.
Well.
I guess maybe this CAS will show us the different ages? I can dream.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th May 2014 at 11:38 AM
It'll work because:
"SIMS anything! Give us money!"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 11th May 2014 at 11:51 AM
What a huge disappointment. Also who are 'all' these people that want to see more CAS? We want to see real game play-not made up game play like that other video. Let's hope they show a toddler, that would make up for yet another pull and drag CAS video a little.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What a huge disappointment. Also who are 'all' these people that want to see more CAS? We want to see real game play-not made up game play like that other video. Let's hope they show a toddler, that would make up for yet another pull and drag CAS video a little.

Maybe that won't be just pull and drag, maybe they will show things like babies, CAST, emotions, traits, wishes etc.
Scholar
#24 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:23 PM
Maybe they're hinting that Sims 4 is ONLY CAS. It makes sense... The game is called The Sims, and not The Create A Family and A House and Live Happily in A Neighborhood.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Maybe they're hinting that Sims 4 is ONLY CAS. It makes sense... The game is called The Sims, and not The Create A Family and A House and Live Happily in A Neighborhood.

That would be a doll dress up game or glorified chat with avatars if they add online chat to it, woudn't it?
Page 1 of 2