Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)

by flajko Posted 5th Mar 2011 at 3:10 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2011 at 10:49 PM by flajko

258 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 149 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Test Subject
#101 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 7:54 PM
Dear flajko, first of all let me say a really great job done here. Most beautiful sims3 sim i have ever seen over the years.

But my problem is this: i used your Faith sim and other CCs fine with just the base game. But after I've installed Late Night it also included automatic game update for me. And now my sims created with your CC have black skin, and Faith does not show up in my Saved Sim in CAS anymore. I've installed the game correctly, and have changed my Packages folder to My Documents. Do you have a solution to this? Thank you very very much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#102 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 4:25 PM
Thank you,I'm glad you like her!

I really don't know which problems may occur with transition from Base game to any other EP because I don't have any EP and therefore I don't know what might be the problem! You should read this and hopefully find an answer!
When you said "And now my sims created with your CC have black skin" did you mean on my sims with CC of another creators?Because I don't have that much CC that I made,only some contacts etc. and they shouldn't cause black skin! The black skin problem is usually present when you don't have Non-Default skin installed and it was previously part of a sim! You should than select default skin and they will be in normal skin color again!I really hope that you'll find some more accurate help in Help forum!

PS: I think that many people who downloaded this sim don't have only Base game and they're equipped with EP's and none of them reported any problem considering sim so your problem must be with the way you installed EP's! Good luck fixing that!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Test Subject
#103 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flajko
I think not! You obviously have some other kind of problem! Be sure to check MTS's Help page or make your own thread with your problem in some help forum! I hope you'll get all the help you need so you can happily play with Faith!

Thanks! What help forum would you suggest that would be well rounded enough to help with my seemingly rare issue? I'm not very knowledgeable ofTS3 forums as I don't spend much time chatting it up.
Test Subject
#104 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 10:51 AM
Thank you,I'm glad you like her!

I really don't know which problems may occur with transition from Base game to any other EP because I don't have any EP and therefore I don't know what might be the problem! You should read this and hopefully find an answer!
When you said "And now my sims created with your CC have black skin" did you mean on my sims with CC of another creators?Because I don't have that much CC that I made,only some contacts etc. and they shouldn't cause black skin! The black skin problem is usually present when you don't have Non-Default skin installed and it was previously part of a sim! You should than select default skin and they will be in normal skin color again!I really hope that you'll find some more accurate help in Help forum!

PS: I think that many people who downloaded this sim don't have only Base game and they're equipped with EP's and none of them reported any problem considering sim so your problem must be with the way you installed EP's! Good luck fixing that!

I have fixed the problem. It was with my Resource.cfg file being in the wrong location I guess. Which is why the game couldnt find the skin colour. Your upload works fine with Late Night EP. Oh the skin I used was one of the CC you recommended from another site. The one your Faith Conners is using. And again, a job well done. Please make more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 12:17 PM
@QueenLioness84: Neither am I so check Help page here and search on it,I can't do all the job for you!

@yakis: I'm glad you've successfully fixed the problem! Great

Please in future, post here either thank posts or posts requiring feedback considering sim! Since I think no one have reported any real problem considering sim, just about help on how to install it or/and all it's Custom Content I think my sim doesn't cause any real issues! So please be kind and make my day, so when I get on this thread I can see either your honest opinion on this sim or the real bug with the sim! If you have some other issue be free to check MTS's Help page!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
Test Subject
#106 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:23 PM
Amazing, I love Mirrors Edge and Faith.
Test Subject
#107 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
Beautiful sim flajko!

In actuality, I think your sim is much more pretty than the actual charater! Great job

yep true
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 12:33 PM
THANK YOUU!!!!!! SOOO MUCH! ive looked for a faith connors sim for ages!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 1:30 PM Last edited by code99 : 29th Apr 2011 at 2:05 PM.
Hello, first of all, awesome sim She definitely looks better here than in mirrors edge

problem tho, apparently the skin doesnt work for me. I mean, i dled it and placed the 2 .package files into package folder and nothing, ingame i still cant select it or i just dont know how .... could use a hand here

I did notice there is A and B version of the skin ... should i place em both or jsut one of em ?

Edit: No mather what i do, how i do it, i always end up with this :

thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:46 PM
@CD-ROMy: Thanks!
@sou_sims3: Hehehe, I like your opinion!
@gr8gracie: Glad I helped! :D
@code99: Hehehe, thanks!

It looks to me that you didn't download all that I said in the post!
If you had downloaded Anach's UI Mod you would see all Non-Default skins, it would expand your skin menu and you could easily select the skin! I think that the skin is A2.0, not sure tho!
Also I can notice that you don't have any of her make-up (eyeshadow, lipstick, eyeliner, blush) nor her contacts!
Since her face looks longer I can guess that you didn't install Jonha's head shape slider :/ Or any slider at all!
I REALLY suggest you to read the whole thread,it won't take 5 min. and install what I said there! If you are not sure if you installed properly you packages go to Help page here and search for your problem!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:34 PM Last edited by code99 : 29th Apr 2011 at 4:55 PM.
Actually, i have every single file downloaded and installed , i got several sliders active in-game.
Before i took that screenshot i had all the custom content active for faith, as in, all your cc (gloves, cloths ...etc) eyes, lipstick and the works but i restarted the game and made sure everything is in place and when i went back in they were all gone (and i swear i didnt touch anything)

EDIT : I just checked and i got the ui file in package folder ...

EDIT 2 : I've been trying to make faith look right for several hours already (since this morning tbh) and i couldnt make it work, thus i posted here

EDIT 3: Just to make sure, ill re-re-re-re-redownload everything and install ...

EDIT 4: This is getting ridiculous, every other .package and .sims3pack files are working perfectly fine (and i got over 2000 of em in total) but not Faith, everything related to Faith doesnt work .... I will try deleting the cache files and see whats up

EDIT 5: Well, i give up for now, tried every trick and everythign i know , still no joy, not a single cc related to faith works ... not one ... ui doesnt work, i cant see the hair, eyes, lipstick, cloths and so on, none work... and they all worked before (all except the ui and skin). Any ideas ? and btw I got all expansions installed fully updated ... i also checked what works and what not, some sliders work, some dont, i get stuff that works and stuff that doesnt for some reason

Funny thing lol take a look at this screenshot, look at the thumbnail in sim selection window and look at how she looks when i select her
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#112 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 7:41 PM
Do you have Awesomemod?
It's on the list though, sorry if I'm being boring with this checking if you have all stuff from list but I wrote every little thing that simmer would need for her to look as she does! Awesomemod would allow more sliders to show up and if you don't have it, it would explain why she's not looking the way she's supposed to :/

Also the shirt isn't working,why!? xD This is really ridiculous!

Try deleting Faith's sim from your Saved sims folder and re-download her,her t-shirt and eyeliner that I made! Also delete cache files(CASPartCache, simCompositorCache, scriptCache, compositorCache) and re-start your game!

There's one nifty tool called Sims 3 Dashboard tool that Delphy made to help users discover which of their packages is conflicting with others,maybe is corrupted or has it's duplicate and helps you get rid of those files! It also has function for deleting cache files I mentioned earlier!

Try this tool and I hope some of these things will help you! Good luck!

Edit: I forgot to mention that in the picture Faith's sim in the sim bin is looking the way it's supposed to , while your sim isn't! :/

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 9:08 AM
Yes i got Awesomemod , here take a look at this pic, i named each folder for each cc i needed for faith to look the right way (the ++ at the end means i installed everything in the folder)

Also, I already have and already used Dashboard tool. No conflicts, only a few corrupted .packages (i downloaded some cars and the tool sais they are corrupted) but they have nothing to do with faith and CAS. They are simply cars.
Also i already tried deleting the caches ... 3 times already. Reinstalled countless of times the CC and Faith sim but still nothing. She looks fine in the sim bin but not when i select her. I even tried reinstalling the game and all expansions and updates, just for faith lol, nothing.

This is just ridiculous
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:55 AM
Nevermind all, i fixed the issue, apparently the Resource.cfg i was using was wrong ...had to go through hell to find that out and ive downloaded the correct one and now everything works.

Thank you again for this awesome sim !!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 11:53 AM
Woo-hoo!!! I'm sooooo glad for you!!! =)
Enjoy playing with Faith!

One note tho: LemonLeaf's skins have 4 skin dots in the ND skin menu(in game)!You should select a bit darker version of the skin, the one you selected is the right type(A2.0) but it's too pale! Don't move the slider, just change the color!

I'm really glad you fixed the problem, you also gave me one new advice to help others who may complain about the similar problem! Thanks!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 2:42 PM
You welcome, i saw the other skins, she looks perfect now :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:27 PM Last edited by feldynn : 2nd May 2011 at 12:40 PM.
I've been out of the Sims 3 loop for a while now but I just wanted to stop in and say (as others already have) this is a truly awesome piece of work! Congratulations on a well deserved Feature!!

It's so good I think I might almost be inspired to reinstall Sims 3 and pick up the Mirror's Edge themed lots I'd thought about building many months ago .

Again, great work and thanks for sharing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 1st May 2011 at 8:56 PM
You are quite simply amazing. This game is awesome. Now, if someone could hack the game so we could have free running, that would be frickin awesome.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:04 AM
Thank you guys!
Yeah leigh825, it would!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:00 PM
she's pretty!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 6th May 2011 at 12:52 AM
great work
Test Subject
#122 Old 10th May 2011 at 1:29 PM
Yaay!! I'm glad you like her!!
I must admit she is currently my favorite! (♥♥,)
Well, I don't know why she isn't picked or featured, I really don't mind! But if you want to you can freely make her you favorite upload!

Hey friend I have a question as I select the sims you know the one placed in the folder SavedSims and I have the Packages gloves and the tattoo's I can use with my sims but I do not see the character of the Mirror's Edge in fact do not know if I have to select the part of prefabricated sims that are not could you help me with this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:38 AM
wow! that is amazing! can I just ask you flajko, how did you get and ad thingy at the top of your downloads? plz tell me!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:52 PM
Even though I've never played Mirror's Edge (don't have the right console for it, for one thing :P), this sim is simply GORGEOUS. I was thinking of trying out the new music career that came with Late Night, I think I just found the perfect sim to turn into a music star. I love that you included shots of her making faces, many sims look "nice" in the default expression, but look simply terrible when they try to make any other face!
Thank you!
Test Subject
#125 Old 14th May 2011 at 2:05 AM
I can honestly say this mod is the first thing I saw in Downloads and made me to decide to join this community, because the character is stunning. Major props.

The problem I am having is the Peggy link for her hair is down. So I am in a bit of a dilemma, is there another way to get her hair? I honestly would love to receive this character in my game, but it feels incomplete...
Page 5 of 11