Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2014 at 2:58 PM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 12th Jun 2015 at 2:30 AM.
Default Sunshine Orphanage Isn't That Great.
Welcome everyone, to the 74th annual HUNGER GAMES! Just kidding! I have been thinking about doing this challenge for a while, I'm just wondering how to say it. Here goes nothing. By the way I don't think I'm copying someone but if I am I apologize. Also if you don't like weird or disturbing challenges, leave now. Feel free to change some ideas around if you need!
Needed Games: Base game
Optional but still useful EP's: World Adventures, Generations, Seasons, Supernatural. All of these make for a more interesting challenge.
Back story time!!
Oh, mods, right... Well I heard from one person who replied, @autree that the NRaas mod, Dexter the Bear, would work well when it comes down to the killing of the sims. I'll talk about that later. That's all the stuff I know about that, I knew none without some help, so continue!

BACK STORY:

You are only a toddler when your mother drops you off at the orphanage in Bridgeport (this doesn't have to be your city). It is only a week before your birthday and you don't know it yet, but your life is about to become a living nightmare. Your first 5 days are amazing, the woman who runs the orphanage is awfully nice, but you never see any of the other children, but to be fair, you are only a toddler. But on the sixth day you start to become more aware, you're turning 5 tomorrow after all! But the woman who has been caring for you isn't around as much. Finally your birthday is here! Your caretaker comes in and acts like its nothing at all but abruptly stops and pulls you by the arm. You don't know where you're going, you've never seen anything but your room in the orphanage. Suddenly she opens a door that reveals a set of stairs leading to the basement. You think to yourself "Where is she taking me?" You then start seeing small areas where children are staying. None even allowed in the same area. Finally you gather the courage to ask a question and speak "What are you doing with me?" The woman responds, "taking you away from comfort. You earn me money now." You are caught by surprise as you realize the areas the others are in are like cages with large locks, you also take notice of the woman's loop of keys on her hip. She pulls you by the arm to the end of the room and shoves you into the cage. You have plenty of objects to use but they all would make her money. You begin to wonder how you'll ever get out of this dark, damp, cage. Also how to save the others. There is one who is a teenager who you can tell has been there for a while, all her clothes were child sized and torn, ripped, and completely disgusting. You HAVE to get out of there before you end up dying like she will if you all cant escape. Every day the woman comes down and leaves 2 plates of food in the middle of the room of cages and unlocks the cages, then she hurries upstairs and locks the door so we cant escape. You and the female teen get the food while the others are still sleeping sickly in their cells. You and the teen grow pretty close through these meets when they both get the food and those 3 hours where the cells are unlocked.
Well wasn't that interesting?

CREATING THE SIMS!!!

Well now that you know the odd story behind it I think you'll be able to picture your sims.
There must be 1 young adult or adult woman who is the no good caretaker. She must have the traits light-sleeper, evil, and mean spirited. The rest are up to you!
There must be at least 1 teen who is like the one from the back story, I understand you cant get her exactly lol sorry I just thought I'd describe her like that!
There must be at least 3 children, they can look however but remember they cant have nice clothes because the, so called caregiver, doesn't care how they are as long as they make her money.
For an even larger challenge have a dog and it stays awake at night and if it sees one of them it barks 'awaking' the caretaker.
Note: Upon aging up new traits must be randomized.
Another Note: All traits for anyone but the no good caretaker, must be randomized. Nothing can help or hurt them purposely.

CREATING THE HOUSE!!!

There must be a nice looking lobby and entire first floor, I mean some parents will want to look around to be sure they can leave their children if they cant care for them. It just makes since.
There has to be the comfort room on the first floor.
The stairs to the basement lead into the caretaker's bedroom which is another reason why nobody tries to escape. That's how she hides the basement from parents. in her room she has an expensive bed, dresser, personal bathroom connected to it, and anything else you'd like to add.
The cells in the basement, there must be one for each sim but the caretaker. They include, the cheapest bed or even just a sleeping bag if you like, cheapest sink, cheapest toilet or if you are using fences to make it more like a cell use a toilet stall so they don't try to shoo everyone away, and a few objects they can use to earn money for the no good caretaker. Also it has to have the disguise of an orphanage.
Another thing I thought I should add that I thought of during my game play, is that if you have WA and you think you might try this challenge, you may add secret pathways. They are merely an extra 2 squares leading around the basement that have walls so that if you were a person you wouldn't see it, also it has a ladder from an also secret room upstairs. And they are accessible only through the secret sliding doors or whatever they are called.
They can be discovered ONLY when the caretaker isn't around (obviously) and if she sees you get a strike and that door is deleted in buy/build mode. Also if you are using a pet and the pet sees you can roll to see if it barks or not, but make a set number now to keep yourself honest.

GOAL!!!

You have to get OUT of there and try to get out with the others, or well, as many as you can that are still alive.
You win if you can get out with at least 1 other person.
You lose if you cant escape.
If you escape but the other gets caught (caretaker comes into room that you are already out of and sees other) you also lose for getting the other on really bad terms with the caretaker, or if it's three times they have been caught they will be killed that day in front of all the others.
I cant think of any scoring but feel free to make one up, but stick to it!
You also lose if a police officer sees the cells with the children (friend that is a police officer goes into basement).
To escape leave during the time while the caretaker is asleep, because she is a light sleeper you cant go to fast or it will wake her up. You have to go quietly and step by step. If she moves in her sleep while you go by, it means she woke up and caught you escaping, or you could roll to see, but stick to you numbers. Also if she is already up and you attempt it and you get caught (her entering the room) you will have one strike and stuck back downstairs!

EXTRAS!!!

Also if you want you can use a mod to have more than 8 sims in the household so you can continuously take in new orphans. (throw a party with parents and their children and add the children to your household as the parents begin to leave)I might make up a little day to day mini challenge thing later that I might edit in. If you ever have to have the caretaker go to the store you cannot try to get the children to escape because she hides cameras so she can watch while she is gone. Also if any added orphans are witches or wizards or whatever you wanna call them, they CAN use their powers at all times as long as the caretaker doesn't see. If there are any poison apples have them around the kitchen the caretaker is using or around where she tends to be a lot. She'll eat them or you can direct her to if you like, she'll pass out.
If your sim takes photos and is able to show them to someone out of the household the caretaker is 'taken to prison' (moved to a prison lot or just a random lot if you like), all of you stay in the orphanage with the oldest caring for all of you until a replacement comes. You have survived if she is taken to prison or you escape. If you escape but are caught by the police (found after curfew or one off the clock talks to you) you are taken back and have to keep trying your escapes, you just got another strike for trying to escape. If you do manage to escape, go to city hall and sell photos you took if you aren't caught by the police and you took pictures. If you didn't take pictures just hide from everyone and if the police show up when you are 'hidden' (where nobody would actually be able to know you were there). Just use testingcheatsenabled to delete them before you end up at the orphanage. If you are in the open when they show up you must let them take you back UNLESS you took pictures and you have the camera with you. If she sees you with the camera or your phone taking photos your camera or phone is taken and the photos are deleted and if it is a camera she takes it and if it is your phone you cant use it for 24 hours, and you have 2 new strikes, biggest chance taken but well worth it if you can pull it off. She only has cameras at the doors leading outside, you can go anywhere in the house while she is gone without her finding out, good time to eat if you never got the chance. I know some of you will have a dog like I do, and if you do you may roll to see if the dog catches you. Also if it sees you eating while the caretaker isn't home or around it will call for her (bark at orphan) and she will come home, if your sim can hide before they see you, the caretaker doesn't know where you are. Also you can hide from the caretaker while she is home but if even for a second she sees you or is in the same room as you (not in the cells of course), you are caught and the caretaker gives you another strike. Another little thing is that if you do escape, but the dog ends up spotting you, the roll you can do is if it will catch you and alert the caretaker, or if it will simply not notice (only possible if sleeping). I believe this is my last note, if the caretaker moves in her sleep, she is more than likely awake but you CAN roll to see but make sure it's fair.

Now have a good time and carry on! happy simming! Don't forget to post pics and tell me how it's going. If you have questions just ask!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2014 at 3:12 PM
Also I love to see pictures and hear about your escape. I'll post a bit too if you guys want.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st May 2014 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Also I love to see pictures and hear about your escape. I'll post a bit too if you guys want.

I would like to see your pictures. Cool challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:26 PM
Thanks and just so you know, I will post pics. I'm test playing it again right now and starting over so I'll get right on it!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:04 PM
Nope looks like NO PICTURES FOR NOW... I wish I could though...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:08 PM
No pics for now. Sorry but I have tried twice and neither time did they go through.

Instructor
#7 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:25 PM
How are you trying to post pictures, and do you know why they're not working?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:34 AM
I'm trying to use the 'Upload' button on advanced mode and no I do not know why they aren't working.

Instructor
#9 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 1:22 AM
What file type are the pictures? I'd also make sure they're under maximum size.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:52 AM
Not sure... I'll figure it out eventually

Instructor
#11 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:20 AM
All I can recommend is to either upload them to an image hosting site, and embed them into your post using that, or to change the file type. Good luck!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 1:59 PM
Thanks Mistress Tiffany sorry about that I really wanted to show you my "orphanage". :P

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:05 PM
I think I got the pictures to work this time... There will be a closer pic of the cell or cage or whatever you wanna call it later, and if you want the children and the caretaker... and their pet dog
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:05 PM
Thanks Mistress Tiffany sorry about that I really wanted to show you my "orphanage". :P

go to imgbox
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:08 PM
I actually got the pics to go through finally.

Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:38 PM
I think I got the pictures to work this time... There will be a closer pic of the cell or cage or whatever you wanna call it later, and if you want the children and the caretaker... and their pet dog

Can you show the orphans? and if you have fences, they don't shoo other sims away so they can use the toilet
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:49 PM
Sure! And thanks for the tip.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:57 PM
Here are the characters, and their dog Cash.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 6:03 PM
Just so you know all of my children orphans (there were only 3) aged up to teens.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 1st Jun 2014 at 9:50 PM.
Well guess how great this is going for me... 2 have already been caught 3 times and killed by Leanne for it, and there are 2 who have two strikes already... And it's only about 8 days in. Lets see how many can escape. Just so you know, to escape, it means get off the lot without being noticed by (if you have it) the dog or cat, or the caretaker. (you cannot escape while she isn't home, she has cameras on while she's gone.

Edit:

Make that 3 killed 3 with 2 strikes...

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 2:43 PM
Well guess how great this is going for me... 2 have already been caught 3 times and killed by Leanne for it, and there are 2 who have two strikes already... And it's only about 8 days in. Lets see how many can escape. Just so you know, to escape, it means get off the lot without being noticed by (if you have it) the dog or cat, or the caretaker. (you cannot escape while she isn't home, she has cameras on while she's gone.

Edit:

Make that 3 killed 3 with 2 strikes...

Um, I feel too lucky because I ended up with all four only having 1 strike and two "prisoners" sending the captor to the prison...
I should try this with more kids, larger bedroom and a dog next time :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M-hzer
Um, I feel too lucky because I ended up with all four only having 1 strike and two "prisoners" sending the captor to the prison...I should try this with more kids, larger bedroom and a dog next time :P

Wow you were lucky, but I had a dog which was loyal and aggressive and tends to bark at everyone without me directing it to... Also I'm doing this challenge with an extremely active caretaker who hardly ever leaves the house, takes short naps every now and then to stay rested enough to stay up to watch the children. Also I play it where if they turn on lights in the room when they come in while she's sleeping she wakes up... Hard, especially with 7 of the children and teens...

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:53 AM Last edited by M-hzer : 3rd Jun 2014 at 12:43 PM.
Wow you were lucky, but I had a dog which was loyal and aggressive and tends to bark at everyone without me directing it to... Also I'm doing this challenge with an extremely active caretaker who hardly ever leaves the house, takes short naps every now and then to stay rested enough to stay up to watch the children. Also I play it where if they turn on lights in the room when they come in while she's sleeping she wakes up... Hard, especially with 7 of the children and teens...

I decided to try this with conditions mostly same as yours, excluding that I'm going to use RANDOM.ORG to determine if she keeps sleeping or not instead.
1 to 2: The captor wakes up, escape attempt is automatically ruined.
3 to 6: The captor doesn't wake up, but a single position change is considered as the captor waking up.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 12:52 PM Last edited by M-hzer : 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:24 PM.
I started a new game. Here is the link to the characters and the layout.

The link

Edit:
Strikes will be counted by adding stuffs to the offending sim.
1 Strike - Earpiece for females, black socks for males.
2 Strikes - Glasses
3 Strikes - Instant teleportation to the incineration area (The empty fence-room) + Demise of the offending sim
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 1:14 PM
I love the pics M-hzer don't forget to tell us how your doing with the challenge, I also like you using the rolling to see if she sleeps.

Page 1 of 4