Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Yeah I mentioned the bloom on the pavilion at the time, in the pictures thread, posted a pic too trying to show it. It can be annoying, I know.
I tried just now to use the specular to reduce it, but it makes no difference. I think it might be in the ini files, which I altered for personal use to make the nights darker, so the light from the torches etc would look better. I'm sure bloom was mentioned in there.
You'll be glad to know that I haven't noticed the bloom problem on the Peteran Church.

I haven't found much use for those gems before, but they look ok round the statue and in the fountain pic you posted with them.

*Edit* I just tried the peteran texture on the pavilion since it's not as bright as the pavilion one, but it's just as bad for bloom.

With those pics, you ain't kidding! Just using my ordinary brain tapped with a bit of logic, Chickie, my senses tell me that likely the reason that the pavilion blooms, or shines out more so than the church, is due that it is small, unlike the church building, has no real walls in order to block out sunlight, opposite of the church building, which has a few high windows, and also colored, whereas the pavilion has naught. It's like standing on a beach in the sand and no trees for shade. A thirsty man's DREAD, if you will. The church building has full protection from the suns light, however, not full protection from the sunlight glare. At particular times of the day, the light coming through the windows is abhorrent. But I'll tell ya, its worse in the Jacoban church in Taran's Bedroom. It can be quite difficult in placing lamp fixtures in the room on the left in the Jacoban church. Oh yeah, and its VERY bad at Doc Blade's clinic, but strangely most of the time, getting the balance of lighting comes easy there.
I think it must be the wizard's and Blacksmith's homes I find the easiest to set lights in, but surely the wizard's tower is the only building in the game completely shut out of the sunlight's glare. His windows are what we call ziltch, aren't they?

TC, Chickie

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 10:55 AM
I haven't noticed a problem with bloom elsewhere, just when I changed the pavilion to white, and when I made the blacksmiths roof metallic and paler than the game liked. That was overly blinding (worse than the pavilion), and I had to darken it. Aside from those 2 things, I think the bloom is handled better than in TS3, but perhaps not if it becomes as bad with a paler texture change, perhaps it's just better hidden.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:38 AM
I haven't noticed a problem with bloom elsewhere, just when I changed the pavilion to white, and when I made the blacksmiths roof metallic and paler than the game liked. That was overly blinding (worse than the pavilion), and I had to darken it. Aside from those 2 things, I think the bloom is handled better than in TS3, but perhaps not if it becomes as bad with a paler texture change, perhaps it's just better hidden.

I might have a more sensitive to light pair of semi-seeing eyeballs than Ye, Chickie. I can barely see a thing when outside without a dark pair of shades. But I came back to tell you I found mentions of sunlight coloring and the like in the ini file called Sky_Stormy2.ini in the Shared non-packaged folder in C drive of TSM. Here they practically teach one how to modify the default coloring, and even give the blasted time of day in which the effects take place! I wish I understood more of it in order to correct the lightness and darkness effects in my game, as you see Chickiebabes, from my eyeballs' perspective....it is never truly nighttime in TSM, the sky can be dimmed, and is what the developer's apparently call night, but it has to be a fantasy of night as in my reality, and my fantasy, the sky is not dimmed from day, but in fact, is truly nighttime where the sky at the least is a dark hue of midnight blue, or close. In my game even without the towns lights on (I do all that is possible to turn off those wretched stick post lamps that are everywhere by default in the kingdom, especially those near the pavilion. I swing my camera around as far as it reaches in circles, and turn those puppies off. I wish I could sell them, too, but only some can be obtained by the mouse pointer.)
I just realized a week ago, that I could actually remove the default lights from the docks, and so I did. The lamp posts are actually not a part of the docks frame. Did you know this? I can show you a pic of the docks without those awful wooden framed lamps, if you like.
Maybe you might find a way to edit those ini files concerning sunlight and darkness, eh? It would be more than nice, if you did.
Bless ya, and hurry along with your wanting testing mod of gossip, eh, Ms Chickiepoo? More than me is waiting to see its effects in-game...and Xylan swears to me he is the least of gossiper's! Do you believe him? LOL

Xeny

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 7:27 AM
I sent the mod on June 6th. I was wondering yesterday if you maybe you didn't get it.

I edited the ini files in 2013, I used Sky clear 1 and sky clear 2. I took them out at some point again though after I got some screenshots, but I don't recall why I removed them (like I say it was a long time again). It may have been when I built my newest computer I just never put them back in again, but I honestly don't recall why they're not installed anymore. I only edited them to make it darker at night, to get a better more realistic effect off all those torches that you hate outside :P

Let me know if you find that mod in your junk/spam folders or something, if not I'll resend it.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 2:43 AM
I sent the mod on June 6th. I was wondering yesterday if you maybe you didn't get it.

I edited the ini files in 2013, I used Sky clear 1 and sky clear 2. I took them out at some point again though after I got some screenshots, but I don't recall why I removed them (like I say it was a long time again). It may have been when I built my newest computer I just never put them back in again, but I honestly don't recall why they're not installed anymore. I only edited them to make it darker at night, to get a better more realistic effect off all those torches that you hate outside :P

Let me know if you find that mod in your junk/spam folders or something, if not I'll resend it.

Okee Dokee, Chickie. I dislike going to my email, as its such a hassle, so probably its in there, just I haven't been there....since I was expecting you might reply that you had sent the mod in a PM here on MTS, thereby helping me to avoid the dreaded hassle of needing to visit my email in order to check for the mod.

Now that I know you have sent it, I shall retrieve it. Grazie , mio amore! LOL

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#56 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:03 PM
Whelp. I'll have a chance to try this out now as I'm starting over.

I was reinstalling my main computer because it was having issues, and it not only wiped out my main drive but my back up drive as well, possibly due to a third (solid state) drive having issues and going between detected and not detected.

So I lost everything Sims 3, 4 and Medieval related.

Medieval is the only one I'm reinstalling right now.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
Whelp. I'll have a chance to try this out now as I'm starting over.

I was reinstalling my main computer because it was having issues, and it not only wiped out my main drive but my back up drive as well, possibly due to a third (solid state) drive having issues and going between detected and not detected.

So I lost everything Sims 3, 4 and Medieval related.

Medieval is the only one I'm reinstalling right now.

I am sorry you lost your sims stuff, but maybe its not lost after all. Do you have any system restore points on your computer? Ones that were made before you had issues with your ssd? Or do you have a back-up you made on an external hard drive? There is a software which is easy to use, easy as counting 1 to 3, and free to boot, that will mount your system restore point , and shows you a weee window where you can select the file or files you need or want that you no longer have on your computer, for whatever reason, deletion, or disk failure, whatever.

The program is call Shadow Explorer. Here is the web site where you can download it:

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html

I love Shadow Explorer. It has saved my hinny more than a few times, and set my mind at ease every time it saved my buns!!

Good Luck, and have a blast many more times with your sims, and TSMP&N!

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#58 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
I am sorry you lost your sims stuff, but maybe its not lost after all. Do you have any system restore points on your computer? Ones that were made before you had issues with your ssd? Or do you have a back-up you made on an external hard drive? There is a software which is easy to use, easy as counting 1 to 3, and free to boot, that will mount your system restore point , and shows you a weee window where you can select the file or files you need or want that you no longer have on your computer, for whatever reason, deletion, or disk failure, whatever.

The program is call Shadow Explorer. Here is the web site where you can download it:

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html

I love Shadow Explorer. It has saved my hinny more than a few times, and set my mind at ease every time it saved my buns!!

Good Luck, and have a blast many more times with your sims, and TSMP&N!

Xeny

Well I had tried several programs before giving up. Mind you, I retrieved my minecraft files, but that's about it. The format kind of ruined everything else. Couldn't even find the directories again.. or the loose files. But at least it gives me something to do.

I'm starting on a wintery kingdom right now thanks to some of the textures here, and will try elf later. Keeping them all in seperate directories so I can switch out however I like. I don't think them running all at once would work too great.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 11:00 PM

My current solution since the base is the worst affected

I don't know why I've been so blind, but Chickie, you have not been fair, and very mean, to have these plants, but did not share!!!!!!!!!!!

Madam, you must know! That Xeny and her sims have been starving for flowery things, even if they only be green!

So pass 'em this way mah lady, if you please, otherwise, my kingdoms and me can never grow, since we only have default botany by EA and you know how NOT creative they can be!

I NEED PLANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Xeny

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
I don't know why I've been so blind, but Chickie, you have not been fair, and very mean, to have these plants, but did not share!!!!!!!!!!!

Madam, you must know! That Xeny and her sims have been starving for flowery things, even if they only be green!

So pass 'em this way mah lady, if you please, otherwise, my kingdoms and me can never grow, since we only have default botany by EA and you know how NOT creative they can be!

I NEED PLANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Xeny

lol this is the 2nd time someone has mentioned these. They're the game's herb/flower spawners and I already uploaded a few that I made buyable when I was making the recipes mod. They're just in their undiscovered state, as I think they look much nicer and totally different to how they appear round the kingdoms when clustered together like that.
Test Subject
#61 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 10:48 PM
these are absolutely beautiful if i wasn't going for an evil necromancer thing with my sims medieval on this playthrough i would so download this stuff but i now know my next playthrough will be an elven fantasy theme
Page 3 of 3