Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 10:58 PM
Default Show you wished existed...
If you had a say on what was on television, what kind of shows would you watch?

"Flip This Dollhouse"
Type: Crafting Show
Type of Network That Airs It: Create (a Seattle area spin-off of KCTS, the local PBS affiliate, that airs arts programming from PBS' back catalog and original content)

Inspiration:
Recently, my parents decided to help in my madness of doll house building using cardboard boxes and various paper related crafting supplies.

During the attempted renovation of one of my failed attempts (it was later prepped for the recycling wheelie bin) my father quipped "Is this 'Flip This Dollhouse'?" and my family chimed in with an approval of "That's a reality show I would watch."

Synopsis:
We take failed attempts at doll houses, usually those done by inexperienced crafters who have little experience with the subject or used YouTube videos (which is the biggest joke for beginners because it's a contrast between expectations and reality) without following direction...and renovated or redo with the unlucky person the doll house, giving pointers to those at home.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:22 AM
I want to see a TV version of World War Z to be done RIGHT (they can expand it if they want, but it has to be true to the theme and feel of the Max Brooks novel- none of the Brad Pitt movie BS), as a television serial by a network like AMC or HBO or even maybe TNT that knows how to do decent drama. It'd be interesting too, because aside from the interviewer, each episode could have an entirely new cast, with maybe a few recurring characters.popping in from time to time.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 4:20 PM
A show called "The Douchebag Games" that is very similar to the Hunger Games except we sacrifice douchebags to the host Ellen Degeneres.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
A show called "The Douchebag Games" that is very similar to the Hunger Games except we sacrifice douchebags to the host Ellen Degeneres.

So essentially, we have her eviscerate in her way, the biggest jerks to exist?

I'm down with that!

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 2:44 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 17th Oct 2015 at 12:41 AM.
Idea for TV show: Scars
Genre: Nighttime soap opera with humor
Network: HBO (the main family is very Jersey.)

Synopsis: A young woman in her late 20s is dealing with her ill health in both physical and mental health. After the clinic deems her unable to work at her family's corporation until further notice, a blonde male nurse lives with her. The woman worries of falling for him because of the awful stereotype that male nurses are gay. He is actually straight, but he can't seem to get close to her to help building a rapport to better get her to tell her problems.

It would be interesting if I had a better idea of a cast.

Theorist
#6 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 3:15 AM
Firstly I would get rid of 95% of our tv shows, mainly commercial television, All those stupid ''doing dull things with uninteresting and not famous stars'', reality shows of dumb and uninteresting people and unfunny sitcoms.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 3:36 AM
I want a zombie apocalypse where people are making an effort to rebuild society and find a cure for zombification. Basically, a group of survivors manages to clean out a city and get it sort of running again. Some of the things they find allow them to get some airplanes up and running. So, they send some teams out into the world to collect survivors and make contact with other groups so that they can get a stable breeding population going (though they're still inviting gay and infertile people to join because leaving them to die would be cruel and they can still help out). Finding some biochemists or virologists would be a great bonus, since that means they can start working on a cure. (Though if a cure is ever made, it would only be able to help the recently-infected, not the shambling hordes, because zombies tend to decompose.)
Meanwhile, at home, their goal is to try and rise above the worst parts of human nature so that they can all live together. This plot in the series would focus on the logistics of keeping a small civilization running, dealing with the hope (or lack thereof) of the survivors, and life starting to go on.

I also want to do my own Star Trek series.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Theorist
#8 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 1:12 PM
First thing I would want to do is limit advertisements to 10 seconds each so that the shows would have more time for their content. There would be exceptions for 30 second ads for, say, medications. But they would have to pay more for that slot.

To answer your question:

Title: Dig My Career
Description: This show visits various people at their workplaces to participate in their daily job. Designers, slaughterhouse workers, taxidermists, zoologists, spin doctors, paralegals, activists, farmers, fry cooks, marketing scumbags, pretty much anything that can be had. Each show views 2 jobs, 1 job for the whole show if content is especially good.
Type of network: A network that wants to put out interesting stories. Maybe the History Channel so they can have more than aliens and haunted houses. Or CNN would be better, maybe it can compete with their Forensic Files show. Or even MTV to show that there's more out there than rock bands and yeezy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 1:21 AM
Okay this would be for my flagship online TV Service, JustRichTV.

Wet Bandana
Genre: Nerd Comedy
Network: LaughRiot

Wet Bandana is about a Sheldon Cooperesque woman named Rose Arose who shares little with her comparison. For one, she doesn't have a collection of restraining orders. In fact, the closest she ever got to celebrities was through email to interview for a school paper and meeting a local actor who met Kiefer Sutherland. Second, she is less irrational and I daresay less condescending than Sheldon, Third, she was not on the wunderkind program where in 6th grade, she was given a test and because she was smart enough to either go to college and university or continue to 7th. She chose the latter to be free of segregation.

She however, cannot read people's faces, sarcasm (to a point) or body cues. Emotional responses are her forte.

Her interests lean toward music with a rock beat, animation and cartooning as a whole and dolls with more than 12 points of articulation.

She has two friends, Robert Irwin, a model who work as a voice actor in between gigs. Is very concerned about his motorcycle because past occurrences with his motorcycles led to them being destroyed before reaching a year. He is currently dating Rose.

Then there Toji, a video programmer\manga artist who is the type to give his all, but he is secretly in love with Rose. His anxiety causes fainting, inability to speak or loss of equilibrium

Rose lives in a half Catholic and half Jewish household. Her father, being Catholic, tends to violate Kosher guidelines and her mother, she's Jewish is the one wearing the pants in the family and it is not wise to mess with Polish-Jewish women because of the credos "Endure now, complain later" and "Not my circus, Not my monkeys".

It is set in Western Washington, so Bill Nye references will pop up.

I will make it a point to leave a running gag in every episode. Like the Perpetually Stuck Clock, forever ticking at 12:05:40

Inventor
#10 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 2:46 AM
Title: don't care
genre: don't care
Network: Preferably Netflix(uk) so I can binge watch it.
It's about a bunch of men that are mostly topless and prone to wrestling each other and other things that are generally thought of as attractive. Lots of group shower scenes.
NO WOMEN ALLOWED. If there is a female character, they are only heard over the phone, or referenced to, or conveniently just out of sight of the camera view.

Maybe there can be a female alternative/version of the show for the vagina lovers amongst us, as long as it never crosses over with the all male version.
#11 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 12:40 AM
The Fandom Games! One or two people from each fandom are put in a room with only one computer and one TV. No phones are allowed.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me