Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 11:16 PM
I can't select vertices in Milkshape
I need help urgently please.
I don't know why, but I can't select vertices in Milkshape. I've been working with it for a long time but now I can't select vertices. I only can select whole groups.
It would be great if anyone could help. Thank you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 11:24 PM
Under the "Model" tab make sure you have "Select" enabled and that "vertex" is the option chosen for it. If you're working in 3D model view (not one of the 'flat' views) you need to hold the ALT key to select vertices since otherwise it just moves the view around.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 8:36 PM
Also, if you're trying to select faces, make sure you have the "by vertex" option ticked. If it isn't, you won't be able to select anything in 3D view, In the other projections you'll be able to select faces, but only if the cursor gets close to the center of a face.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 10:09 PM
Yes, I think that all is configured the way you are explaining, but I can't select vertices.
Here is a screenshot:

]
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 10:17 PM
It all looks correct. It doesn't look like it from your pic, but are the verts hidden by chance? Sometimes MilkShape will stop responding -- I'm remapping a complex UV right now and it happens pretty often. Try saving your project as an MS3D file, then close and reopen MS and load the file you just saved. This has always recovered odd problems for me. Hope that gets it -- it's all I have!
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 2:30 AM
think its due the size of the mesh, scale it down till you see the grid(that is...if you use one..)