Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 10:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default University Life Collection will not patch
Hello! I've been trying to reinstall sims 2 and have so far installed double deluxe and university life collection. The game itself runs just fine, but I cannot install the university patch. When I try to run the patch I get the message "The Sims 2 University is not installed. This update only applies to this expansion pack." and the program closes. University life and double deluxe are installed in the typical installation path C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES so I don't know why its having trouble locating it. Sense this error message isn't covered in the FAQ I was hoping someone here knew what was up. What am I doing wrong? I am using windows 10, by the way.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:06 PM
Is University Life some kind of collection? University itself is just called University so it sounds like you are trying to put the university patch onto University Life, which would be why it isn't working. Often collections come already patched.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Is University Life some kind of collection? University itself is just called University so it sounds like you are trying to put the university patch onto University Life, which would be why it isn't working. Often collections come already patched.

Yes, University Life Collection includes University, Sims 2 Ikea, Sims 2 Teen Style and Sims 2 Store Edition. I thought that maybe it came already patched like double deluxe is, but the patching faq didn't say that it was, so I assumed it probably wasn't and tried to patch it anyway. If most collections come already patched, do you think its safe to assume this is and move on to my next EP?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:37 PM
Store addition urrg. You will need to keep that if you want your old saves to show but really you are better off trying to install it with store addition disabled. I think if it needed a patch there would be a patch called University Life rather than just University.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:42 PM
Really? Thank you for the tip. Do you mind telling me what's wrong with store edition? I'm not exactly sure what it even adds to begin with, let alone it's problems @_@ so I'd appreciate any info you could give me.
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:46 PM
Store edition is just frustrating, and now useless with the shutdown of the sims 2 store. It's a new engine, so UC users and people who just don't want it can't use your neighborhoods, and you can't either if you get the UC without a mildly frustrating proccess.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:51 PM
Okay, Thank you Alljoj! I'll reinstall right away, then. Who knows, maybe I do need to patch it after all but Store Edition was getting in the way somehow. I'll try to patch when I'm done and post in the thread if it changed anything. Otherwise, I guess I will assume that I don't need to patch. thanks for clearing everything up!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:20 AM
University Life Collection does not have a patch for it because it came out after the patches were made and University Life Collection includes all the patches it needs.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158