Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 7th Jun 2009 at 7:26 PM.
Default In game music has stopped playing
I've been playing Sims 3 for about 12 hours now after getting it yesterday. The game runs awesomely and have been enjoying it, but for some reason the in-game music has completely stopped on buy and build mode, neibourhood mode and on my sims Cd player. I started a new game to see if I had the same problem and it happened again about 3 hours (real time) in. My custom music is working fine though.

Probably shouldn't be posting this here, but I cant find a problems area for sims3, just wondering if anyone has come accross this issue too, or maybe even knows a solution?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:27 AM
I haven't got it that I know of, but I hate the normal music anyway, I want mah custom Metal!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:30 AM
Yes, common bug that the music eventually craps out on each save.

It'll work on a new game but it will eventually crap out there too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:32 AM
I HAV MAH CUSTOM METAL! Hahaha you say that but I kinda miss it, when simmies come round for a party they dance to invisi-music if they change from my custom station! Do you reckon a fix is in the works from our ever so reliable friends at EA?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:39 AM
I believe its on their fix list with hoe common the problem is.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:16 AM
I've been playing for days, nonstop (not even shutting off the game or changing household) and I've still got music... Maybe it's a computer thing? Or I'm just lucky and it'll happen now that I've jinxed it.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:28 AM
I've not had that issue yet either, but then again i don't listen much of the stock music either :P

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:18 PM
I don't really care about the stock music, you just kinda miss the anoying simish buy mode music after a while
Inventor
#9 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:58 PM
Had the same problem with music, only custom music would play, no music in Build/buy/hood.

I set music quality to lowest and that fixed it for me. *shrug*

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:26 PM
Has anyone had the problem where the game just automatically shuts down by itself? There are quite a few people including myself who have been having this problem and we don't know why. My computer specs exceed the recomendation to play the game also.
Alchemist
#11 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:37 PM
Yes, one of my neighborhood saves has the music glitch. It's really irritating. No build/buy music. I don't particularly like the music either, but it would be nice to have the option of hearing it!

But if you start a new game, the music tends to return. I haven't had it crap out on me yet in my new save.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM
rampdiva I got one crash like you mentioned but it hasn't happened since so I dunno, my PC also is way above I can whack everything on high and it runs quick as hell so I dunno about that. It's somthing were gonna have to deal with until EA pull a finger out and start sorting things, makes me wonder though I was only 6 hours in when the music crapped out, so what the hell were the game testers doing? I thought they were meant to get payed to play games and actually find faults etc! They should give me a bloody job!
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:07 PM
For me, I get no sound in Build or Buy mode, but whenever they turn on a stereo or something, the sound works fine. :\ Odd.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM
Hey guys. This really isn't a 'list your glitch/bug' sort of forum. If you are having a problem that hasn't been addressed, please start your own thread. It is much easier for folks who are looking for solutions to find it that way. Thanks so much.

Yeah..and I have it too! I thought my new speaker system had crapped out.

Edit. I changed the title of the thread to be more descriptive.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.