Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 9:55 PM
Default Cafetaria build help! No waiters?
I built a cafeteria in the present world and placed FoodForce Synthesizer and Sam7 Dring synthesizer but it isn't working! There are no waiters coming to the lot! When l click to table, order food option comes up but my sim naturally never receives food since there is noone to serve him! What am l doing wrong? How can l build a cafeteria like the one in Oasis land? But instead of plumbots serving l want sim waiters. Can l do that?? Please help!
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 3:40 PM
Everything you want to achieve should actually be possible. In order to get the waiters coming to a community lot (it works on all community lot types, not only those that are classified as cafeterias) you have to place the food synthesizers. The food synthesizers function like mixology bars, cash registers or barista bars: one synthesizer will summon one waiter.
In worlds other than the future world the waiters will be normal Sims and wear a special uniform (white tops, black skirts or trousers). These waiters will be recruited from the pool of homeless Sims, i.e. they are not Sims living as residents in a world.
(You can use NRaas MasterController to check your population and see whether a) you do have homeless Sims at all b) whether they are still unemployed or c) whether they have already taken the role of waiters and simply don't come.)

There can be many reasons why the waiters in your game do not appear:
- The major one of them can be that you've run out of homeless Sims and will have to wait for a while until the game creates new ones, or that you have a mod that handles homeless Sims and that either deletes them or prevents them from taking up the job. If you use NRaas Register, Overwatch and/or StoryProgression you should check your settings with regard to homeless and role Sims.
- Another reason can be that the waiters do exists but cannot access the synthesizer(s) properly, either by routing problems in the world or on the lot.
- A third reason could perhaps be (I haven't tested this with regard to Cafeterias, but it is the case with Bot Emporiums) that you are using the pre-made Cafeteria lot from the lot bin. Some of the ITF pre-made lots contain a so-called event marker that works only in the future world and makes some ITF lots function incorrectly in a homeworld. You can see these markers by enabling the buydebug cheat, they look like insect or seed spawners (white boxes). You should delete them and then a lot should work properly again.
- And, as usual, it could also be another, unexpected mod conflict that prevents the waiters from appearing.