Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:17 PM Last edited by doggysimmer : 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:14 PM.
Default Let's talk about The Sims 4 City Living
Some of you may or may not know that there has been a leak saying that the next expansion pack will be City life.
Possible description:
Move into a bustling, modern city! Live in new apartments and penthouses eat food at carts and shop at street markets and immerse your sims in the different cultures of the city by exploring the many diverse neighborhoods.

Feel free to post your opinions!!!! <3
Everybody is free to post their opinion because everybody has different perspectives!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Have fun posting!
Keep this positive, don't judge other people's opinions, everybody has the right to express themselves (freedom of expression)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:56 PM
And you may or may not know that there is such thread on this forum already: EP 3 Rumor on Twitter and Sims Community ... just teasing you
City life in sims 4 next would be great indeed, if it works well
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
And you may or may not know that there is such thread on this forum already: EP 3 Rumor on Twitter and Sims Community ... just teasing you
City life in sims 4 next would be great indeed, if it works well

Haha! I'm just worried they focus on partying again! We had multiple content focusing on that!
I hope it'll be similar to apartment life. My expectations are low though...
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:16 AM
lets not

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 6:36 AM
I really hope there will be apartments and that it will be added as a new venue as well. Yes, we have mods, but EA can pretty much just add files and make it official.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxRide
I really hope there will be apartments and that it will be added as a new venue as well. Yes, we have mods, but EA can pretty much just add files and make it official.

We're talking about the sims 4 we might not even get apartments i know i'm being a pessimist but i'm so disappointed. The sims 4 is nearly 2 years old and is boring as hell! I buy all the content EA release so maybe i can try and play it without getting bored but it's no use. I think what we practically need is a pack focusing around families not partying! I'm not getting my hopes up tbh because i think i'll be disappointed!

In the sims 4 we lack a bunch of interactions which makes it boring. I really wish it was an open world without loading screens but that's nearly impossible because the team surely won't be working on that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Pack about sitting on park bench feeding birds probably would sell good now... The Sims 4 game seems so content starved.

It is! We already got to feed birds in backyard stuff xD! Which was utterly useless! I just really want this new expansion pack to be great but from experiences i think it'll suck. I just really want sims 4 to be enjoyable but right now it's lacking a lot. I mean i like it but it gets boring after a while.
I think city life won't reach our expectations, i really want it to be like The Sims 2 apartment life but i actually doubt it will
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:05 AM
Bustling cities, penthouses in skyscrapers, and street markets sound like a lot of world content for a game where the worlds are as small as the one from the original series made sixteen years ago.

I can see a world where the unexplorable background is more urban buildings and the secret location is a skyscraper hangout (For the Urbz players, think Diamond Heights) and if we're lucky maybe apartments, but low-rise buildings like Sims 2's but limited by Sims 4's building sizes. The design of Sims 4 limits what you could do with making a proper, vibrant city. At best maybe a few districts with a few lots each for bars/clubs/apartments. Like industrial grunge, upper east side, gentrified docklands, Chinatown, etc.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Bustling cities, penthouses in skyscrapers, and street markets sound like a lot of world content for a game where the worlds are as small as the one from the original series made sixteen years ago.

I can see a world where the unexplorable background is more urban buildings and the secret location is a skyscraper hangout (For the Urbz players, think Diamond Heights) and if we're lucky maybe apartments, but low-rise buildings like Sims 2's but limited by Sims 4's building sizes. The design of Sims 4 limits what you could do with making a proper, vibrant city. At best maybe a few districts with a few lots each for bars/clubs/apartments. Like industrial grunge, upper east side, gentrified docklands, Chinatown, etc.

That might be a possibility! We don't what they're planning to do with the game i hope they surprise us! It might be impossible to get more than one world because it takes a lot of work! I hope it won't be like the previous expansion packs because after awhile they get boring! I don't think it will be as amazing as The Sims 2 apartment life. I hope it'll be worth the money. It would be amazing if they added a lot of lots but the worlds are quite small unlike the sims 2 and 3 which i'm quite worried about
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by doggysimmer
That might be a possibility! We don't what they're planning to do with the game i hope they surprise us! It might be impossible to get more than one world because it takes a lot of work! I hope it won't be like the previous expansion packs because after awhile they get boring! I don't think it will be as amazing as The Sims 2 apartment life. I hope it'll be worth the money. It would be amazing if they added a lot of lots but the worlds are quite small unlike the sims 2 and 3 which i'm quite worried about

I would be happy if it's similar to Sims 3 because i liked late night! Also i heard that someone found leaked news that there might be a game pack containing vampires in October or November but i kind of doubt they'll be releasing it.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:56 PM
My only thoughts... they are seling outings and city as two separate EPs and a GP now?! Unforgivable!

TS2:Nigtlife has outings, groups, restaurants, bowlings, vampires, nightclubs, DJs, atraction system, dating and downtown city
TS3:Late Night has highrise living, nightclubs, DJs, vampires, Bridgeport city world, subway

TS4:Get Together has outings, customizable groups, DJs, Dancing skill
TS4:Dine Out has restaurants only (that are less managable than those from TS2)

and now we get TS4:City Life... nice, all of the things we wanted, with a bit of less content, in three packs. Thank you EA for listening to your fans!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
My only thoughts... they are seling outings and city as two separate EPs and a GP now?! Unforgivable!

TS2:Nigtlife has outings, groups, restaurants, bowlings, vampires, nightclubs, DJs, atraction system, dating and downtown city
TS3:Late Night has highrise living, nightclubs, DJs, vampires, Bridgeport city world, subway

TS4:Get Together has outings, customizable groups, DJs, Dancing skill
TS4:Dine Out has restaurants only (that are less managable than those from TS2)

and now we get TS4:City Life... nice, all of the things we wanted, with a bit of less content, in three packs. Thank you EA for listening to your fans!

Tbh it's crucial EA never listens to us. I mean everyone wants toddlers! JUST BRING THE DAMN TODDLERS! They were suppose to be there from the beginning! I doubt vampires will come with city life they'll probably come with a game pack. City life is about the city vampires have nothing to do with the city. I bet there will be limited amount of content like always, it's gonna lack interactions like always. I just want a decent expansion pack where i don't get bored playing it's not too much to ask
Forum Resident
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:36 PM
I'm not convinced that simply releasing "toddlers" would be a good thing. What would toddlers do? what difference would it make? It would just be another empty life stage IMHO.
There would need to be so much more just to encompass what we actually mean when we say toddlers. What if they just release a life stage as a sim that just crawls on the floor with the actions pick up.. put down.. go potty.
Is that enough?

Yes.. it is something that is sorely missing from the game. But there are A LOT of things sorely missing from the game.

A generations type deal with a wider variety of life events from all life stages.. with the addition of toddlers.. maybe I can see how that will improve upon the game.
But we all know that this would be a tall order for this particular design team.

Frankly.. to put them into an expansion would be a big slap in the face as well. It should be included as a patch for free to the base game. It should not take an expansion to throw them in.
Yes.. they should exist.. But we are talking about an expansion here.. and I really don't want to see a "toddlers" expansion.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
I'm not convinced that simply releasing "toddlers" would be a good thing. What would toddlers do? what difference would it make? It would just be another empty life stage IMHO.
There would need to be so much more just to encompass what we actually mean when we say toddlers. What if they just release a life stage as a sim that just crawls on the floor with the actions pick up.. put down.. go potty.
Is that enough?

Yes.. it is something that is sorely missing from the game. But there are A LOT of things sorely missing from the game.

A generations type deal with a wider variety of life events from all life stages.. with the addition of toddlers.. maybe I can see how that will improve upon the game.
But we all know that this would be a tall order for this particular design team.

Frankly.. to put them into an expansion would be a big slap in the face as well. It should be included as a patch for free to the base game. It should not take an expansion to throw them in.
Yes.. they should exist.. But we are talking about an expansion here.. and I really don't want to see a "toddlers" expansion.

It's not just the toddlers i'm disappointed about it's the game itself it gets boring. And yes toddlers make the game more realistic it doesn't make any sense that a baby grows into a child it's just stupid. I'm not saying there should be an expansion pack containing ONLY toddlers i said i want toddlers but with an expansion pack like generations that's definitely something we need in the game. A lot of fans have been asking for it that's the point! The majority of the fandom wish to get an expansion pack containing toddlers, weather and pets i think those are the highly requested ones. I mean pets and seasons can wait because they'll be coming one way or another but the toddlers they should have been in the base game. First of all back in 2014 the game lacked so many things it didn't have a family tree, no pools, no ghosts it lacked interactions and it still does. I like The Sims 4 the problem is that it gets boring after a while.
I agree with what you said there is A LOT of content missing that i really want to see but i was just pointing out that a life stage is missing that's been there for a long time and it disappoints me.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 5:52 PM
Tbh it's crucial EA never listens to us. I mean everyone wants toddlers! JUST BRING THE DAMN TODDLERS! They were suppose to be there from the beginning! I doubt vampires will come with city life they'll probably come with a game pack. City life is about the city vampires have nothing to do with the city. I bet there will be limited amount of content like always, it's gonna lack interactions like always. I just want a decent expansion pack where i don't get bored playing it's not too much to ask

Yeah it does seem like game packs will have the supernaturals this time around. Which I guess is a good thing? But I kind of feel like that might be too much content for a game pack so that might make supernaturals really bland, but then again....this is TS4.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
Yeah it does seem like game packs will have the supernaturals this time around. Which I guess is a good thing? But I kind of feel like that might be too much content for a game pack so that might make supernaturals really bland, but then again....this is TS4.

I hope vampires won't be in a game pack because game packs don't have as much content as expansion packs and it would be a little disappointing, but then again i doubt they'll bring vampires so soon since they're going to release an expansion pack i'd rather have them make the expansion pack amazing rather than having them release content that doesn't meet the fandom's standards. And obviously if we have vampires we want them to be realistic not just " hey this is a vampire that can't do anything but it's a vampire". I just really want the game to be fun for everyone
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:11 PM
six words for EA. Dont rush it take your time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Is this new expansion sure or just a rumor ? Like, is it really happening ? If so, is it the next pack we're getting or are we gonna get a 20$-pack before that ?

My 2 cents -> I don't understand this new expansion. Get Together was already all about going out clubbing and making friends. A city life expansion just seems dull. What I mean is that they could have just done GT and City Life in one expansion. The thing that would really interest me in this expansion is a true CITY. It's by time we get a modern city with buildings/apartments. All the neighbourhoods we have so far are nice but they look more like a village and not an actual city. The thing that annoys me the most in them are the decorative buildings in the back -> houses with an "old" feeling to it.

It's leaked news not a rumour so it'll probably happen. Usually leaked news turns out to be true, i don't think we're getting a pack before it or at least i hope not i want them to focus on City Life. I don't think EA will ever combine 2 expansion packs together that's hard work. City Life is something focusing on the city we might get apartments and new lots. EA still haven't said anything about City Life it's leaked news. The expansion pack should be released some time in September i believe. In my opinion i'm not to keen on this expansion pack, i really want to be but i really can't! Maybe they'll surprise us you never know let's be optimistic
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 3:04 PM
I hope they atleast combine certain packs into bundles based around certain theme (Like Get Together, Dine out, City life and maybe Spa Day), and then sell those bundles by the price of about 40$-50$ maybe? That would be worth my money!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:56 PM
It's leaked news not a rumour so it'll probably happen. Usually leaked news turns out to be true, i don't think we're getting a pack before it or at least i hope not i want them to focus on City Life. I don't think EA will ever combine 2 expansion packs together that's hard work. City Life is something focusing on the city we might get apartments and new lots. EA still haven't said anything about City Life it's leaked news. The expansion pack should be released some time in September i believe. In my opinion i'm not to keen on this expansion pack, i really want to be but i really can't! Maybe they'll surprise us you never know let's be optimistic

it's not really the "hard work" why EA doesn't combine 2 expansion packs together, but too much effort which doesn't give them enough money. Their motto is like, "less effort and more money milking"
Scholar
#22 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 10:26 PM
I would love to have city life. I really loved Bridgeport in the Sims 3. It looked beautiful. I hated the celebrity system though... and the damned paparazzi. But Bridgeport was super problematic for me, there were massive routing errors, all sims in the city would route to one lot and hang out there, I couldn't get anyone to hang out with my sim at the time because they'd always come back with "I'm busy". It was bizarre. The only fix available was found on this website, that fixed the routing errors.
Scholar
#23 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:01 PM
it's not really the "hard work" why EA doesn't combine 2 expansion packs together, but too much effort which doesn't give them enough money. Their motto is like, "less effort and more money milking"

It seemed this way back in The Sims 3, too. However, back then it was more that they were spreading out a large amount of content over several different mediums of which to charge you for (Expansion Packs, Stuff Packs, The Store [which we all know had many ways to get your money, and lots of it]).

The Sims 4 has a multitude of different mediums, too, but they don't seem to be utilizing them. I wonder what's going on.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:43 PM

That's so true, only money matters.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I would love to have city life. I really loved Bridgeport in the Sims 3. It looked beautiful. I hated the celebrity system though... and the damned paparazzi. But Bridgeport was super problematic for me, there were massive routing errors, all sims in the city would route to one lot and hang out there, I couldn't get anyone to hang out with my sim at the time because they'd always come back with "I'm busy". It was bizarre. The only fix available was found on this website, that fixed the routing errors.

I never had problems with Bridgeport i loved it! I loved playing Late Night it was amazing Sims 4 City Life won't be like that probably. It's just i never see any effort in the expansion packs! Get to work and Get Together would've been better if it had more effort but it didn't!
I want City Life to be like Sims 2 Apartment Life.
Page 1 of 63